Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver State Fling Camping Announcement

To players and guests of the Beaver State Fling:

The BSF staff would like to inform every one of the camping changes taking place for the 2013 Beaver State Fling. Camping will no longer be permitted in the group day-use sites along the West course this year. This means that camping at sites D (along the fairway of hole 7 West) and E (along the parking lot near hole 9 West) will not be available. Camping will only be offered in the “Kingfisher” group camp site (on the right side of the road as you enter the course just before the Genius hole 9 East). Camping at the Kingfisher site is limited! Camping with an RV is not possible in Kingfisher group camp. Reserve your spot for $5 per vehicle (park day-use fee included). Vehicle is to remain in Kingfisher group site unless you have a yearly pass. If you have any questions or to reserve your spot, please contact me through our event website at www.beaverstatefling.com.
    Here are some other options for camping in the area you can look into

http://www.clackamas.us/parks/barton.html
    http://www.clackamas.us/parks/metzler.html
    The Kingfisher site has room for 25 cars and 150 campers. All of the parking spaces have been reserved in Kinfisher so we will have overflow parking in the A parking lot (east side). I you plan on camping and have not reserved a spot at Kingisher with me already, plan on unloading at the site and parking down the road in parking lot A.

Thank you, Patrick Darr - BSF Camping Director
    Last edited by Darr; June 14th, 2013, 08:50 PM. Reason: added info
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Damn, that sucks, thats part of what makes the fling great is the camping has always been awesome. Guess we better reserve with you now

Comment

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
      Damn, that sucks, thats part of what makes the fling great is the camping has always been awesome. Guess we better reserve with you now
      Yeah, this was a late "surprise" change of policy from the State Parks.

We apologize for the hassle, but we have to admit that we had it pretty good there for a while!
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

We apologize for the hassle, but we have to admit that we had it pretty good there for a while!
        Should probably paste this info into the BSF thread too.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          Should probably paste this info into the BSF thread too.
          Let me get this straight... Matt the Massively Heavy Handed Moderator is telling me to cross post this? MAYBE I'LL DO IT IN ALL CAPS TOO! WHEE!
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Mod fight! Mod fight! Mod fight!
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Let me get this straight... Matt the Massively Heavy Handed Moderator is telling me to cross post this? MAYBE I'LL DO IT IN ALL CAPS TOO! WHEE!
              How DARE you!

Comment

Super excited I got my "campground" spot in November
                www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

Originally posted by Danni View Post
                  Super excited I got my "campground" spot in November
                  Chance favors the prepared.

Comment

RV parking

What about parking RV's? The park's 46 RV site's are full and have been for months.

Comment

Unfortunately, with our limited space at Kingfisher RV's just won't fit. We are bummed about this and hopefully you can find some other options nearby.
                      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randyivie View Post
                        What about parking RV's? The park's 46 RV site's are full and have been for months.
                        Randy,

Obviously, we'd love to have had everything the same at it has been in years past, and frankly, up until a short while ago, everything WAS going to be exactly like last year... then we got the call from State Parks that changed everything.

Unfortunately, unless we hear differently from State Parks, people with RVs will have to skip the RV and camp in Kingfisher group camp ground, or find their own solution for the RV. We're not happy with this either, but it is not up to us.

Jeff

Comment

I sent an email about reserving a space. Do I understand correctly that you have to stay there once you park?
                          www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
                            I sent an email about reserving a space. Do I understand correctly that you have to stay there once you park?
                            ...or purchase a SP day pass for each day if you plan to park in one of the parking lots for the day.

Comment

The idea is to camp friday and saturday night. I'm just saying We might need to go get some ice or more beer or something. I guess until I hear back if we can reserve a space it doesnt even matter.
                              www.rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X