X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Adventure Amateur Championship

Attached is a PDF version of the Player's Guide that you will receive when you arrive at Blue Lake this weekend. We wanted you to have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the schedule, course, and rules for the weekend.

It is important to note that sometimes getting through the entry kiosk and pay station can be time consuming, even if you have an annual pass. The parks staff is aware of our concern and will be doing their best to get you through in a timely manner, however, please consider the possibility that it may take some time to get through the gate. Please plan to arrive early! The gate at the entry to the park is scheduled to be open by 7:30 am and the first round is scheduled to start on at 8:00 a.m. We're going to do our best to get things going on schedule, however, we realize this may not be fully in our control. Please do you part to help us get things going on schedule for the weekend. If you are not a season pass holder you will have to pay the $5 entry fee each day. Paying cash will help expedite the entry for everyone. Those playing later rounds, or leaving and coming back later in the day should expect long lines as the park can be very busy on an August weekend.

SCHEDULE

GOLD: MA1, FA1
    SILVER: MA2, FA2, MM1, MG1 Saturday, August 24

7:30 am GOLD - Check-in
    8:00 am GOLD - Tee Off

10:30 am SILVER– Check-in
    10:50 am SILVER- Players Mtg.

11:30 am GOLD - Round End - Player’s Pack
    11:30 am SILVER - Tee Off
    2:20 pm GOLD - Round 2 Player's Mtg.
    3:00 pm GOLD - Round 2 Tee Off

3:00 pm SILVER - Round End - Player’s Pack Sunday, August 25

8:00 am SILVER - Final Round Player's Mtg.
    8:30 am SILVER - Final Round Tee off

11:00 am Lunch Starts
    11:30 am GOLD - Final Round Player's Mtg.
    12:00 am GOLD - Final Round Tee off

12:30 pm Lunch Ends
    3:30 pm Tie Breaker Rounds
    4:00 pm Final 9 Skins
    5:30 pm Dinner served
    6:00 pm Ring of Fire / Distance Competition
    6:30 pm Award Ceremony
    6:45 pm Raffle - Must be present to win!

Reminder: If you have ANY official communication regarding your playing in the tournament or ANY questions you MUST send an e-mail to TDS@FIREFLYDISCGOLF.COM. We do not regularily check our texts, facebook, twitter, this forum or any other social or anti-social media outlets. EMAIL IS MANDATORY.

Comment

Hello, this is Peter Jovanovich. I also ned to withdraw myself from competition in the Gold tournament in the MA1 division. My grandmother passed away and the funeral falls on the day of the Saturday of the tournament. I have attempted to send 2 emails to the posted tournament director on the PDGA site for this tournament without a response. I am very sorry for the late notice but tried to give first notice on friday the 9th. Please let me know how to proceed with being withdrawn and receiving a refund. Thank you.

Comment

We have an opening for an MG1 player. (That's Men's Grandmaster, 50+ for those who don't know). The spot is currently available up at:

http://www.4discgolf.com/NAAC_SILVER

The first person to sign up gets it. The opening will be taken down tomorrow evening.

Comment

I got the email, but google sent it over to the promotions tab so I almost missed the email itself. And the link went to a blank page. Just fyi

Comment

So we have a half hour to get the bulk of everyone paid through the gate, a players meeting and out to our tees? Sounds like our schedule is going to give before the park's schedule will. Is the park staff open to the idea of manning the gate a little earlier?

Comment

James Griffith (James G.) is on the waiting list but he is 49 could he play GM1? IF not is there any chance he will get in to Masters or even Advanced gold

Comment

NAAC Fantasy is back! This year we're running it in-house, so you don't need to sign up for another site or anything. Just fill out the form here:

http://fireflydiscgolf.com/13NAAC_Fantasy

You DO NOT need to be signed up for the NAAC in order to participate in the fantasy match. YOU DO have to be present at the award ceremony on Sunday to be eligible to win anything. One Entry per person, please!

Comment

Originally posted by CNorton View Post
                  So we have a half hour to get the bulk of everyone paid through the gate, a players meeting and out to our tees? Sounds like our schedule is going to give before the park's schedule will. Is the park staff open to the idea of manning the gate a little earlier?
                  We know but we are still going to do our best to start on time. Metro is going to try to get the gate open by 7:15 with two people at the pay station to move people through as quickly as possible. But they aren't going to guarantee it. We will also be publishing the starting holes on Friday so players can skip tournament central completely and go directly to their starting hole. There is no player's meeting prior to the first round Saturday. We will be handing out Player's Guides at Tournament Central and/or at the pay station.

If you are NOT on the mailing list for updates for the weekend you can add your name and e-mail address to our list at this web page: http://eepurl.com/D11jT

Comment

Played Blue Lake Lite yesterday. Loved it. Nuff said. Good luck this weekend, everyone!
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

We have 1 opening for MA1.. The spot is currently available up at:

http://www.4discgolf.com/NAAC_GOLD

There is no one left on the MA1 waitlist. First come, first served. Once it's gone, it's gone. If the spot go unclaimed they will be removed at 9pm tonight.
                      Last edited by nayr; August 22nd, 2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                        We will also be publishing the starting holes on Friday so players can skip tournament central completely and go directly to their starting hole. There is no player's meeting prior to the first round Saturday.
                        Brilliant. Thank you for all you do, Firefly!
                        “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
                        ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

We're going to send out another email tomorrow, but here are a couple more notes:

Ace Pot
                          The ace pot this year will be $1,500. As always, that $1500 is in Next Adventure Scrip. More specific rules will be posted at TC. This money is not coming from your entry fees, it graciously fronted by Next Adventure and Bryan Knudsen. Thank them for their insane generosity if you hit an ace!

Scrip
                          Scrip will be redeemed through Next Adventure and Next Adventure ONLY. There will be no on-site scrip redemption. Scrip redemption is one of the main reasons that Next Adventure can afford to go so overboard on the NAAC. After the awards ceremony, scrip certificates for payout will be handed out. You will be able to redeem the scrip the following morning at the store.

Ladies Birdie Bonus
                          Steve and I decided we would do a birdie bonus for the ladies. Any female golfer who gets cards a 2 on a par 3, or a 3 on a par 4 will receive a $25 scrip bonus. Multiples are allowed. For instance, if Christina gets 4 birdies throughout the event, she walks off with a $100 bonus check in scrip.

Eagle Bonus
                          Anyone carding a 2 on a par 4 will receive an Eagle Bonus. The Eagle bonus is worth $50! Everyone playing is eligible for the Eagle Bonus. Again, multiples are allowed. If Danny gets 3 eagles, he walks off with $150 in scrip. Ace pot trumps the Eagle bonus. So if you card a 1 on a par 3, you'll get the ace pot, but not the $50 Eagle bonus.

PLEASE be aware that these extras are not coming out of your entry fee! The money for these bonuses, your dinner Sunday night, the many kegs of beer, the park rental, and much, much more is being provided by Next Adventure directly. Bryan Knudsen will be in the park on Saturday and Sunday hanging out, be sure to thank him for everything!

Also, Registration is officially and entirely closed for the 2013 NAAC. We will not be taking any day-of registrations, period. Thank you in advance for your understand on the subject.

Comment

Thanks to you all as well. The event is stacking up to be simply awesome as if it wasn't already.
                            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Ladies Birdie Bonus
                              Steve and I decided we would do a birdie bonus for the ladies. Any female golfer who gets cards a 2 on a par 3, or a 3 on a par 4 will receive a $25 scrip bonus. Multiples are allowed. For instance, if Christina gets 4 birdies throughout the event, she walks off with a $100 bonus check in scrip.

SWEET!!! You guys rock! Come on ladies!

Comment

The PDGA Links have been updated with the complete list of players as we have it now.

GOLD: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/102050/919399388
                                SILVER: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/105295/809273559

We have over 40 participants in the Fantasy Challenge: If you haven't signed up, go do it now. We'll post the final results from the Fantasy, so even if you can't be present to win, you'll at least have bragging rights that you picked the right "team", you just won't get a prize unless you are there.

http://fireflydiscgolf.com/13NAAC_Fantasy

The course is 98% ready. We just need to post the tee signs, and the arborist from Metro's park staff is trying to remove the bee hive as I type this. Tee pads are down, baskets are in position for Saturday's round. 10M circles have been painted on most holes, drop zones are painted. If you haven't played the course in this configuration yet, you should really give it a try TODAY.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X