X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
    Cannot wait. Thanks for the layout notes.
    Yes. That was splendid. Thank you Sir Gwillim.

Comment

I went out to BL with my coach last weekend. He reminded me that with all the OB this tourney was going to be more about the mental part of the game than most events.

So I went out and shot an OB-free 7 under. However, I've since been told it is not a completely mental game and I would be required to throw an actual disc rather than just imagining I was throwing one.

So, I'm looking for a new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
        I went out to BL with my coach last weekend. He reminded me that with all the OB this tourney was going to be more about the mental part of the game than most events.

So I went out and shot an OB-free 7 under. However, I've since been told it is not a completely mental game and I would be required to throw an actual disc rather than just imagining I was throwing one.

So, I'm looking for a new coach.

Thanks for that

Good Luck with that new coach
        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Schedule pretty pretty please?? Trying to figure out logistics from coming out of town with people in opposite pools. Thank you!! Can't wait!!

Comment

Are we doin the fantasy disc golf this year for the naac

Comment

So stoked for this. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVA50383 View Post
                Are we doin the fantasy disc golf this year for the naac
                I thought you were moving up mr 981 after worlds. Lol
                See you there

Comment

We don't have the schedule nailed down yet, so the only thing I can share is this:

Saturday:
                  Gold plays morning
                  Silver players mid-day
                  Gold plays afternoon

Sunday:
                  We don't know yet.

If you have questions about the event please email us, this will ensure a much faster response.

Thanks,
                  Ryan

Comment

Played the layout yesterday. It looks pretty good and is still plenty challenging. Some of the changes make for some interesting risk reward options (holes 9 and 16 are great!). I like the teepad closer to the road on 14, gives you a few choices to make whereas the left teepad is a no-brainer straight open shot. This layout will still separate the better am players from the pack as good or better than the original layout. That being said, I'm not a big fan of 12's short pad. But it will keep people playing quickly rather than donking 3 trees

All in all, great job! Thanks for everyone involved in all the work for this tournament, I can't wait!

EDIT: Not sure if this was already mentioned but theres a huge bees nest on hole 16. Looking at the two large trees that frame the approach, the right one has a beachball sized nest hanging from one of the branches about 25 ft above the fairway. They didn't seem to aggressive when I passed by but I bet if you throw a disc at that branch they will be none too happy.
                    Last edited by Michigan_Brian; August 16th, 2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nayr View Post
                      2013 NAAC BLUE LAKE LAYOUT

The layout is marked so everyone can practice the tees. The new pin locations have an orange PVC pipe in them for now.

Hole 1: Normal, par 4
                      Hole 2: Normal, par 3
                      Hole 3: Short pin, par 3 - Pin is straight from tee, maybe 360'
                      Hole 4: Normal, par 3
                      Hole 5: Short tee, par 3 - Tee is in the "corner" left of the normal landing zone
                      Hole 6: Normal, par 3
                      Hole 7: Short tee, par 4 - Tee is 180' left of 6s basket
                      Hole 8: Normal, par 3
                      Hole 9: Short tee, par 4/3 - One tee is obvious (80' in front of normal pad), other tee is directly across the creek. We will probably use one tee one day and one the other
                      Hole 10: Normal, par 3
                      Hole 11: Short pin, par 4 - Pin is about 100' short of normal pin
                      Hole 12: Short tee, par 3 - 80' in front of normal tee, slightly left
                      Hole 13: Short tee, par 4 - 180' in front of normal tee
                      Hole 14: Short tee, par 4 - 220' in front of normal tee (there are two tees marked, we haven't decided which to use yet)
                      Hole 15: Short pin, par 3 - Pin is 80' left and back of the bathroom
                      Hole 16: Short tee, par 4 - 220' in front of normal tee
                      Hole 17: Short tee, par 4 - Tee will be somewhere near "gate" where the elevation drops a bit. Basically where u want your first drive to land from the long pad.
                      Hole 18: Normal one day, Short the other day (short is par 3, normal par 4)
                      Please note the change to hole 17. Disregard the marked pad, we're going to move it up and change the par to 4. We have not determined the exact location at this time.

Comment

I do not think your long tee on hole 9 is in any way easier then the normal hole 9 pad. With the narrow window you have taken away the safe hyzer bomb, and with the natural surface you have lowered the gripping on the pad. Although I just birdied it, I think it was a much harder birdie then the normal pad. I do not see this pin position speeding up the play, or making this hole any easier.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's opinion.

The parks staff has been told about the bee/wasp/hornet hive/nest on 16 and hopefully they will have it gone before the tournament.

All temporary tee locations will have a rubber mat at that location and players will have the option from throwing from the mat or to one side of the mat if they prefer a natural grip to the rubber.

BTW: I played the course on on Friday afternoon and while I couldn't call it an official score as the three baskets are missing I would have shot 12 strokes better than my personal best in the normal layout. I'm confident we will see some good scores out there and it will be really fun to see how this course's SSA rating is compared to the normal layout.

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post

BTW: ...shot 12 strokes better than my personal best in the normal layout.
                            An apt demonstration that the course is not BL, but BL Lite.

Scores during NAAC WON'T compare to BL scores because it's not the same course.

How far will players be able to go to the side of the temp pads? A practice that means many players won't even be playing the same course. (i.e. four feet to the left of a tee is often a distinctly different hole than 4 feet to the right.)

Any closer to a schedule? Less than a week away...............

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan_Brian View Post
                              Played the layout yesterday. It looks pretty good and is still plenty challenging. Some of the changes make for some interesting risk reward options (holes 9 and 16 are great!). I like the teepad closer to the road on 14, gives you a few choices to make whereas the left teepad is a no-brainer straight open shot. This layout will still separate the better am players from the pack as good or better than the original layout. That being said, I'm not a big fan of 12's short pad. But it will keep people playing quickly rather than donking 3 trees

All in all, great job! Thanks for everyone involved in all the work for this tournament, I can't wait!

EDIT: Not sure if this was already mentioned but theres a huge bees nest on hole 16. Looking at the two large trees that frame the approach, the right one has a beachball sized nest hanging from one of the branches about 25 ft above the fairway. They didn't seem to aggressive when I passed by but I bet if you throw a disc at that branch they will be none too happy.
                              I had a run in w/ those bees several weeks ago, and could easily see someone getting stung dozens of times. I told the park office staff, but sadly they have (apparently) done nothing.

Comment

Hello Ryan this is Carl Boje. I ended up having my appendix removed Sunday night after the calapooia classic and sadly must with draw my name from the NAAC. Wanted To give you as much heads up as possible so you could give my spot away to the wait list and hopefully I can get a refund to put towards the ORDGC which I surprisingly qualified for with a torn appendix in my final round on Sunday. Let me know how best to proceed and I'm bummed I can't play the NAAC
                                Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X