X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

course management

I believe that this course was designed to challenge every shot in ones bag. I love the fact that you just can't bomb a drive and pull the putter it makes you think about your next shot while playing the shot you are throwing. I have played this course several times and have enjoyed every round it has plenty of elevation change all elevation change doesn't need to be a 80 foot downhill or up hill to be considered a change. I love what the designers and the people that helped install this course have done thank you to everyone who has put in the hard work to make this course possible. I would also like to thank the course for making me a better player forcing me to use Drivers, fairway drivers, mids and working on shot shaping to keep it in the fairway I have played 15+ round no discs lost. Also 5 dollars to park OMG that's what it cost at plenty of courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Disc-o Flyer View Post
      I must voice my disgust in the choice of courses for the NAAC this year....

After an attempt at a round at Blue Lake, to start to find my way around it before tourney time, I was reminded why I have not been back to this course since the first month it was open. $5 to park, and $45 in plastic gone by the 9th hole. This is the only course I have played and quit before finishing (without being forced to by time constraints)...

Again, I believe the directors run a top notch tourney, and if anyone can find a way to make this tourney fun, they probably can. Sadly, I don't think I am going to stick around to find out.
      Brian,

Believe me we gave a lot of thought to the opportunity of changing courses for this year's NAAC. First, let me say that a Championship level tournament demands a championship level course and we are blessed in the northwest to have several. Obviously with Milo, Blue Lake and Pier we have several good choices.

There are a variety of reasons why Blue Lake will make a great course for the NAAC this year, but I want to take just a moment to address your concerns and let everyone know that we will be making significant changes to the course for the tournament. We will be doing this primarily because, as you mentioned, the time required to play a round at Blue Lake would make it impossible to get in the rounds required for the event. This proposed layout will be the same layout used for the Women's Disc Golf Championship in September.

The course will be a total of just over 7,000 feet in length. The current layout is over 10,000'. By comparison Pier park is just over 6,000'. The par will change from 69 to 60 so don't start counting your birdies just yet. For instance hole 7 will be 425' (par 4 instead of 5) down from the current 945' and hole 17 goes from 950' to 530' (still par 5).

More details will be available as we get closer to the tournament and as we get out there and make the physical changes. Thank you for your confidence in our ability to run a fun and competitive event and I think you will have a fun tournament. I'm personally looking forward to playing it in the Amateur positions before and after the weeekend.

Steve
      Firefly Disc Golf

P.S. If you decide to request a refund please let us know as soon as possible so we can invite one of the players from the waiting list to join us. While that might make the waiting player happy, we would really like to see you continue your history of playing in this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
        I believe that this course was designed to challenge every shot in ones bag. I love the fact that you just can't bomb a drive and pull the putter it makes you think about your next shot while playing the shot you are throwing. I have played this course several times and have enjoyed every round it has plenty of elevation change all elevation change doesn't need to be a 80 foot downhill or up hill to be considered a change. I love what the designers and the people that helped install this course have done thank you to everyone who has put in the hard work to make this course possible. I would also like to thank the course for making me a better player forcing me to use Drivers, fairway drivers, mids and working on shot shaping to keep it in the fairway I have played 15+ round no discs lost. Also 5 dollars to park OMG that's what it cost at plenty of courses.
        I in no way want to take away from those that put in the hard work to prepare this course, or any other. I know it tends to be a lot of the same people working hard to get these courses up and maintained. I am forever grateful to you. I am not afraid of a hard course, I am not afraid of scoring poorly. I know these are the stepping stones to becoming a better player, which is always my goal in participating in this sport. I am only looking at the experiences I have had playing this course. I have about 5 rounds through (2 of them cut short) and only one of those I managed to get out with my entire bag intact. I have not ever really had a good time when golfing at Blue Lake. I may be the only one, but I doubt it. That is my real issue with moving the tourney there. Scott you are probably a far better golfer than I to play 15 rounds and never miss the fairway. $5 would be no problem, if I didn't have to replace 1-3 discs after every round there. I love this sport because no matter how bad I'm doing, I am still having fun...unless I'm at blue lake, I just tend to be angry there.
        Brian V

Comment

Brian sorry that I came across like a douche I just want everyone to appreciate the courses that we are all so lucky to have and use each course to help better ones game. trust me I have put my fair share off of the fairway at the Blue I have just been lucky enough to find every single one that left the fairway. all I ask is give the course a chance and use it for all the good you can I would like to meet up and play a round and maybe we can learn a few things from each other. In ending play the NAAC I would be so happy if I could play but I am sitting on the wait list make the course respect you.

Comment

Is there a wait list somewhere? Would like to see where I stand so can make plans accordingly. Thanks for putting this on.

Snap

Comment

Hey everyone!

Steve and will start to figure out the waitlist and spots available from it next week. We're in Bad Monkey Open mode right now. Last week we were in Fort Steilacoom Open mode, and the week before that we were in Beaver State Fling mode. I honestly haven't even looked at the waitlist for the NAAC yet.

Expect updates next week. Thanks for hanging with us!

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by nayr View Post
                Hey everyone!

Steve and will start to figure out the waitlist and spots available from it next week. We're in Bad Monkey Open mode right now. Last week we were in Fort Steilacoom Open mode, and the week before that we were in Beaver State Fling mode. I honestly haven't even looked at the waitlist for the NAAC yet.

Expect updates next week. Thanks for hanging with us!

Ryan
                Are u guys going to needing volunteers for the event? If so id be more than willing to donate my time

Comment

I'm IN!!!!!!1

Blue lake is a hard course and no time to practice but who cares it's NAAC a great run tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                    The course will be a total of just over 7,000 feet in length. The current layout is over 10,000'. By comparison Pier park is just over 6,000'. The par will change from 69 to 60 so don't start counting your birdies just yet. For instance hole 7 will be 425' (par 4 instead of 5) down from the current 945' and hole 17 goes from 950' to 530' (still par 5).
                    How will holes be shortened? Alternate pads, alternate basket locations, or a variety of both?

Can you give an idea as to when the layout will be first available to play? I'm sure there are many who will want to give the new layout a test drive before the event.

Comment

Having never played Blue Lake, knowing the modifications will be nice for when I go out there for the first time... Thanks...

Comment

Hey guys!
                        First off thanks for all your hard work with the NAAC! I've heard great things about it and can't wait to be a part of it this year!

Do you have an idea of the schedule yet? I'm trying to figure out traveling details and obviously want to plan accordingly

Thanks again! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Latitude Sample

Comment

Please say your are going past 60 entrants per pool - maybe 72 ??? - still hoping to get in.

Comment

Anything that can be done about the hornets on 17 prior to the tournament would be swell.

Or maybe I just have swelling on my mind from the now 7 identified stings...
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                                Having never played Blue Lake, knowing the modifications will be nice for when I go out there for the first time... Thanks...
                                +1 played my first round today, escaped with all of my plastic, nice to know which holes are changing.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X