Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Post updated with all the tournament information, including the tentative schedule.

Please be aware the format and times will vary depending on the amount of golfers we get.

If you have any questions please let me know, I monitor these forums every day.
    Follow us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/mainstreetdiscgolf

Comment

I will have more information as it come up.

As of right now there are 800 firefighters camping at Lake Selmac. We still have more than 40 days until the tournament, So we have our fingers crossed that the Southern Oregon fires around Grants Pass and Southern Douglas County get put out soon.

I do have a contingency plan in place if the fires are still burning. Let me know what everyone thinks about this... But I think we can do the Friday ACE Race at Tom Pearce, and then maybe reconfigure the tournament to a 1 day C-Tier at Tom Pearce. With the same $500 added cash though. It would just be a one day 72 player cap tournament instead, that way people don't have to worry about camping and lodging on Saturday night.

Again this is all tentative information at this time. We just have to wait and see if they can get the fires contained and get the fire camp moved out before our date. I will post more information as I get it. I will also contact the PDGA and see what we can do about the sanctioning, since its been paid for months in advance.

On a lighter note, We are up a few more on the registration list, And I have 15 people registered for the ACE Race as well.

Comment

Any more info on what's going on at selmac with the firefighters.
        Think Positive, Shoot Negative

Comment

I heard through the grapevine that Yoseman was there the other day, and the word is no firefighters camping at this time. So the plan is still, the plan. All registered players will receive a email from me confirming, and with final instructions.

Comment

Very cool. Counting down the days.

Comment

Just a final bump pretty much. Registrations have been updated on the PDGA website. I have a ton of interest in this, so we are expecting a ton of Day-of entries. Make sure you get in on this tournament, there has been a ton of work to the Lake Selmac front 9 holes, including brand new baskets. Be a part of the very first PDGA Rated rounds on a full permanent 18 at beautiful Lake Selmac DGC.

A huge thanks goes out to GPDGC for stepping up and getting the course ready for our event!

Comment

Do you think we should Flip the schedule, and have the Pro's play the early round on Saturday, and the late round on Sunday? It's not too late for me to make schedule adjustments, so if you have an opinion, let's hear it.

Thanks.

Comment

As long as Pro's get to play the final round on Sunday It does not matter to me, Are we really gonna have enough people to split divisions?

Comment

If the pros play late on Sunday the ams get to follow the leaders as a gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                      As long as Pro's get to play the final round on Sunday It does not matter to me, Are we really gonna have enough people to split divisions?
                      I don't think we will have more than 72 golfers... But then again it could go crazy. if we receive less than 72 golfers I will just adjust the schedule on sunday to ALL divisions shotgun start in the morning, and then a final PRO only final 18, and no payout until after final pro card is in. This will give me ample time to prepare for the awards, and hopefully 15 minutes after final card we will do payout. If we do that, we can possibly be out of there by 5pm at the latest, and that's with raffle and awards done.

I think this would be the best option, and everyone could watch the pro's play the final 18.

Comment

Here is the website address to make reservations for camping at Lake Selmac. There is still 3 yurts available, although they are around the other side of the lake from the disc golf course.

As of right now there are over 80 tent sites available for the weekend.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...&parkId=404075

Josephine county parks department handles all campground reservations through this website. Can't wait to see everyone there.

Comment

I usually don't get restless excitement for a tourney but I'm really looking forward to this tourney. I booked my yurt back in and been counting down the days since then. Hell yeah!

Comment

As the date approaches, We have decided to stick to this schedule, unless agree on by the masses at the event that something needs to be moved around.

Saturday 21st 2013 (Selmac Slam) AM - am / PRO - pm
                            Late Check in / Day Of Registration is from 6 - 8am (All Divisions) I will honor Fashionably LATE Pro's up until 11:30am, after that registrations are closed.
                            ALL AM Divisions Meet at 8:30am (Tournament Central) Short Players meeting
                            ALL AM Tee at 9:00am (Round 1)
                            ALL PRO Divisions will meet around 12pm
                            ALL PRO Tee at 12:15pm (Round 1)
                            ALL AM Meet for evening players meeting at approx. 3:30pm
                            ALL AM Tee at 3:45pm (Round 2)
                            Fun and Games after last AM card is turned in.

Sunday 22nd 2013 (Selmac Slam) PRO - am / AM - pm
                            ALL PRO Divisons Meet at 7:45am
                            ALL PRO Tee at 8:00am (Round 2)
                            ALL AM Meet at approx. 11:00am
                            ALL AM Tee at 11:15am (Final Round)
                            ALL PRO Meet at approx. 2:45pm
                            ALL PRO Tee at 3:00pm (Final Round)
                            AWARDS 15 Minutes after Final Pro Card.

The only change would look something like this:

Saturday is exactly the same as above, that is 100% set in stone at this time.

BUT, Sunday could look like this, depending on how everyone feels, and how many players we get.

Sunday 22nd 2013 (Selmac Slam) ALL - am / Pro Final pm
                            ALL Divisons Meet at 7:45am
                            ALL Divisions Tee at 8:00am (Round 2)
                            Lunch
                            ALL PRO Meet at approx. 1:00 pm
                            ALL PRO Tee at 1:15 pm (Final Round)

AM and Pro AWARDS 15 Minutes after Final Pro Card.

Should be done with awards by 5ish.

Comment

Sponsor update and Schedule Update.

We are expecting a large disc donation from our friends at Legacy Discs. A HUGE shout out to Andrew Rich and Steve Rico for helping us make our event an even larger success.

We now have sponsors for all 18 holes in this event.

below is the final schedule for the event.

***CHECK IN SCHEDULE AND TIMES!***

Schedule:
                              Friday September 20th 2013 (ACE Race Day)
                              Ace Race check in starts at 10am for groups that want to play at noon.
                              First group tee's at Noon, with floating start for anyone not present at early check in. Which means you can show up anytime during the 12 - 6pm window and play your ACE Race rounds and still be in it for the prizes.
                              Early check in for the Selmac Slam will be from 6:30 until 8:30pm (All Divisons)

Saturday 21st 2013 (Selmac Slam) AM - am / PRO - pm
                              Late Check in / Day Of Registration is from 6 - 8am (All Divisions)
                              Pro's can check in from 6 - 11:30am, after 11:30 I WILL turn you away.
                              ALL AM Divisions Meet at 8:30am (Tournament Central) Short Players meeting
                              ALL AM Tee at 9:00am (Round 1)
                              ALL PRO Divisions will meet around 12pm
                              ALL PRO Tee at 12:15pm (Round 1)
                              ALL AM Meet for evening players meeting at approx. 3:30pm
                              ALL AM Tee at 3:45pm (Round 2)
                              Fun and Games after last AM card is turned in.

Sunday 22nd 2013 (Selmac Slam) PRO - am / AM - pm
                              ALL Divisions Meet at 7:45am
                              ALL Divisions Tee at 8:00am (Round 2 pro, Round 3 am)
                              Lunch for 1 hour after last card.
                              ALL PRO Meet at approx. 1:00pm
                              ALL PRO Tee at 1:15pm (Pro Only Final)
                              AWARDS 15 Minutes after Final Pro Card.

Please take note on the final day, This schedule can change if we end up with more than 72 golfers, As it stands now I think we will be safe with this schedule, and it will allow us to get the tourney over, and get most people home before dark.

Cannot wait to see everyone there!

OH and remember, YOU MUST PAY TO PARK, CAMP, ETC. Josephine County Parks will enforce all parking and camping rules.

Comment

Results are online at the PDGA website.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X