X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4DiscGolf is DOWN

Hey everyone, we just wanted to let everyone know that 4discgolf is experiencing a server outage. We've been working with our hosting support, and they've been less than helpful.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

This is our second outage this year, which is unacceptable to us. We have already begun transitioning to a new hosting service and expect to be up tomorrow at the latest.

Thank you for your patience,
    Ryan
    4DiscGolf

4DiscGolf.com is back up. We dumped our previous hosting company and are on a bright and shiny new server.

We're very sorry for the the inconvenience, and we've taken steps to help ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    4DiscGolf.com

Comment

I still cant get on there ;-(
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
        I still cant get on there ;-(
        If you still can't get to 4discgolf the reason is most likely that your DNS hasn't been refreshed. DNS is the service that converts IP addresses to domain names. When we changed hosts we got a new IP address, so your machine is most likely trying to associate 4discgolf.com with the old IP address.

When a domain changes IP addresses all the DNS servers throughout the world have to propagate that change. This takes between a few minutes and sometimes as long as 48 hours depending on your internet service provider.

Anyhow, if it isn't working for you now, check back in a couple hours and it will eventually come up.

Comment

...or you could do what any good tech support person would tell you to do and reboot your computer. But that might not solve anything.

Comment

Have tried turning it off and on again?

"Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

um ya guys n galls I'm not a dumbass, I work on computers for a side job and yes I restarted my pc at home, at work and my Ifone, and I still cant get the web page to come up. but thanks anyways I dont want to deal with this crap LATER!!!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

um ya guys n galls I'm not a dumbass, I work on computers for a side job and yes I restarted my pc at home, at work and my Ifone, and I still cant get the web page to come up. but thanks anyways I dont want to deal with this crap LATER!!!
                To resolve your browsing issue, try pressing CTRL + F5.

For those other issues, try to not be such a drama queen.

Comment

Nothing I posted was personal. Just a play on the IT standard turn it on and off again.
                  "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

PEBKAC.
                    www.rewindb.com

Comment

I just signed up for the FSO. Still waiting for a confirmation email but what can you expect when you have an outage. This is what I do for a living. I love outages exept when its 4discgolf or rewindb...
                      www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
                        I just signed up for the FSO. Still waiting for a confirmation email but what can you expect when you have an outage. This is what I do for a living. I love outages exept when its 4discgolf or rewindb...
                        Your registration went through the system fine. We're still working a few loose ends (email is spotty), but you're good!

Comment

Mikk,

What event are you needing to sign up for?

-Ryan

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X