The Emerald Valley Open (TEVO) Moved from June 13/14 to June 27/28 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Emerald Valley Open (TEVO) Moved from June 13/14 to June 27/28

The Emerald Valley Open is scheduled for June 27/28th at Alton Baker Park, Downtown Eugene.

A change of venue was in order to play at this unbelievable park in Downtown Eugene. A flyer for the event is coming soon as well as registration guidelines. Thanks for your patience while developing this new event.

Please contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to bringing this premier event to the Willamette Valley. Thanks

Andrew Rich
    TD, The Emerald Valley Open
    Northwest Disc Golf Alliance
    541-225-7265
    (7pm-9pm preferred, thanks)
    Last edited by purediscgolf; April 10th, 2009, 10:30 PM. Reason: Change of Venue, Dates
    Disc Golf Accessories

My only question is when do I sign up. Sounds like good times to me.

-Ben

Comment

Make that 2 of us Ben. I have a feeling that there will be a big line behind us. Each will help make it a wonderful event for us locally, and all of you throughout our region!!!!

Jonny Roc

Comment

Haley and i are in
        Not as creative as keys

Comment

NW series sounds like a good plan. My only hope is that I can make enough of the events.

Thanks Drew for getting this spear headed!
          Team DISCRAFT
          NW Sign Up
          Gorilla Boy
          Paragon Disc Golf
          Odwalla

Comment

Two-day sanctioned tournament less than 15 minutes from my house? Oh, twist my arm!!

Comment

I will be there!

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                  Any news?

I believe this event has been moved to June 27 -28, BUT Andrew would have to verify that.

I also hear of a SWEET location...But again, I'll let Andrew verify that.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                    I believe this event has been moved to June 27 -28, BUT Andrew would have to verify that.

I also hear of a SWEET location...But again, I'll let Andrew verify that.

is it moving closer to you??
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Yes there is a change to The Emerald Valley Open. We are moving it back to the weekend of June 27/28th. It will now also be played at Alton Baker Park in downtown Eugene. Permits have been obtained for the fields on the east side of the parking lot. This portion of land also contains the Pre Trail, Cuthbert Ampitheatre and a Tree Memorial. I recently went and walked the whole course with a City of Eugene Park official to get clear on the specifics of the event. Great strides are being taken to incoorporate the course into the park without impacting the other park users. The City is willing to let us play on very prime pieces of land. It is my feeling that playing in these high traffic areas is not in the best interests of all involved. I believe by running a quality event can achieve a permanent course here soon. It must serve to show the community what Disc Golf is really about. This is a great opportunity to spotlight Disc Golf in the Eugene/Springfield area. I feel we are all up to the challenge. More information will be coming soon on registration etc. Thanks

Andrew Rich
                      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

The City is willing to let us play on very prime pieces of land. It is my feeling that playing in these high traffic areas is not in the best interests of all involved. I believe by running a quality event can achieve a permanent course here soon. It must serve to show the community what Disc Golf is really about.

I'm confused by the above. Can you clarify which are the prime pieces of land, which are the high traffic areas not in the best interests to play in, and which are the areas we can try to achieve a permanent course?

Can you also move the tournament to a weekend I am not moving into my new house? Just kidding, good work!

Comment

Land around the ponds, following the Pre Trail. All throughout the most highly used portions of the east end (the land between the Mill Race, Parking Lot, Cuthbert, and Day Island Rd. Mapquest it) These areas are going to be very difficult to play a tournament let alone a permanent course. I am hoping to layout a course that could easily translate into a future course for the region. I would be more than happy to meet a group out there to show everyone around. I went out and laid down flags today...There will be a map soon when I finalize everything.
                          Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
                            Land around the ponds, following the Pre Trail. All throughout the most highly used portions of the east end (the land between the Mill Race, Parking Lot, Cuthbert, and Day Island Rd. Mapquest it) These areas are going to be very difficult to play a tournament let alone a permanent course. I am hoping to layout a course that could easily translate into a future course for the region. I would be more than happy to meet a group out there to show everyone around. I went out and laid down flags today...There will be a map soon when I finalize everything.
                            Thanks Andrew. I am familiar with that part of the park, I was just confused by the idea of a course where it wouldn't be in our best interests to have one because of the high use. I see what you mean now - it needs to be laid out correctly- and if we have a successful tournament that will help show that it can work.

Comment

Calendar updated.

Conflicts eliminated: (sampling)
                              Discover a Cure: Disc Golf Relay for Life at Bryant Park in Albany (2-day)
                              Inland NorthWest Series INWS Flippen "Z" Disc in Leavenworth (2-day)
                              7th Greener Horizons Pro/Am at Pier Park in Portland
                              2nd Saturday Albany DGC Monthly Tournament at Bryant Park or Timber Linn
                              State of Jefferson SOJ FlipOut League at Cougar Ridge near Medford

Conflicts created: (sampling)
                              Tentative C Tier at Leverich in Vancouver (2-day)
                              Southern Oregon Summer Series SOSS at Riverfront in Roseburg
                              Disc Golf Tournament at Greenway in Beaverton

(Side note: will the Albany Monthly be moved to avoids conflict with the Relay for Life?)
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X