• Show
Clear All

• 2013 Oregon Disc Golf Championships

Stumptown Disc Golf
    presents
    2013 Oregon Disc Golf Championships
    Sept 14th & 15th
    3 rounds of 18 holes at Trojan Disc Golf Course

This PDGA sanctioned B-Tier invitation only event is designed to deliver the USDGC experience to the very best players in Oregon. In order to crown 4 Oregon State Champions, we will again be setting up Trojan Disc Golf Course in its most challenging layout ever. If you have any doubts regarding the difficulty of this course just ask someone who played the event last year. This course is not for the meek.

Divisions & Number of Players
    76 total players
    32 Open Men, 6 Open Women, 32 Advanced Men, 6 Advanced Women

Invitations
    Invitations will be awarded to the top eligible finishers in each division based on their overall score for that weekend. Players can only qualify once and invitations are non-transferable. In the event of a tie, I will give a spot to both players and remove one spot from a later qualifying event.

This is an “opt-in” event. To be eligible to qualify for the ORDGC players will need to pay $10 prior to the start of the first round of play at each qualifying event for their scores for that weekend to count. This $10 is NOT included in any entry fee for any of the above listed events. This is an entirely separate event and fee.

Qualifier Events
    While I may add additional events, the following events will serve as qualifiers for the 2012 ORDGC: (Number in parenthesis indicates the number of available invites)

Qualifier #1: Disc-Go-Ball - (MPO-4, FPO-1, MA1-4, FA1-1)
    Remaining Qualifiers: TBA

The number of invitations given away at each qualifier will vary depending on the number of players in that event, but as a general rule, each event will award the following number of invitations:
    Open Men - 4, Open Women - 1, Advanced Men - 4, Advanced Women – 1. The only exceptions will be if a division fills early due to ties etc.

Masters
    Masters players are welcome to play in the ORDGC, but there will be no age based divisions. Masters will be eligible for invitations provided they play the same course at the same time as their non-protected division. For example: a Pro Master can qualify based on his score IF he played the same course at the same time as Open players. I will be asking TDs to make accommodations for this, but ultimately it will be up to them. Pro Masters are obviously welcome to try to qualify by playing in the Open division.

Schedule
    I will have the course ready for practice rounds mid-morning on Friday, Sept 13th. That's right... Friday the 13th.
    On both days we will have our players meeting at 8:30AM and should be teeing off around 9:00am.

PLEASE NOTE:
    I am well aware some people do not agree with how I have chosen to structure this event. Hopefully, they will respect me and the decisions I have made enough to keep their bashing to a minimum. With that said, I WILL be moderating this thread to keep things civil.

"You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

Stumptown Disc Golf
    presents
    2013 Oregon Disc Golf Championships
    Sept 14th & 15th
    3 rounds of 18 holes at Trojan Disc Golf Course

This PDGA sanctioned B-Tier invitation only event is designed to deliver the USDGC experience to the very best players in Oregon. In order to crown 4 Oregon State Champions, we will again be setting up Trojan Disc Golf Course in its most challenging layout ever. If you have any doubts regarding the difficulty of this coursve just ask someone who played the event last year. This course is not for the meek.

Divisions & Number of Players
    76 total players
    32 Open Men, 6 Open Women, 32 Advanced Men, 6 Advanced Women

Invitations
    Invitations will be awarded to the top eligible finishers in each division based on their overall score for that weekend. Players can only qualify once and invitations are non-transferable. In the event of a tie, I will give a spot to both players and remove one spot from a later qualifying event.

This is an “opt-in” event. To be eligible to qualify for the ORDGC players will need to pay $10 prior to the start of the first round of play at each qualifying event for their scores for that weekend to count. This $10 is NOT included in any entry fee for any of the above listed events. This is an entirely separate event and fee.

Qualifier Events
    While I may add additional events, the following events will serve as qualifiers for the 2012 ORDGC: (Number in parenthesis indicates the number of available invites)

Qualifier #1: Disc-Go-Ball - (MPO-4, FPO-1, MA1-4, FA1-1)
    Remaining Qualifiers: TBA

The number of invitations given away at each qualifier will vary depending on the number of players in that event, but as a general rule, each event will award the following number of invitations:
    Open Men - 4, Open Women - 1, Advanced Men - 4, Advanced Women – 1. The only exceptions will be if a division fills early due to ties etc.

Masters
    Masters players are welcome to play in the ORDGC, but there will be no age based divisions. Masters will be eligible for invitations provided they play the same course at the same time as their non-protected division. For example: a Pro Master can qualify based on his score IF he played the same course at the same time as Open players. I will be asking TDs to make accommodations for this, but ultimately it will be up to them. Pro Masters are obviously welcome to try to qualify by playing in the Open division.

Schedule
    I will have the course ready for practice rounds mid-morning on Friday, Sept 13th. That's right... Friday the 13th.
    On both days we will have our players meeting at 8:30AM and should be teeing off around 9:00am.

PLEASE NOTE:
    I am well aware some people do not agree with how I have chosen to structure this event. Hopefully, they will respect me and the decisions I have made enough to keep their bashing to a minimum. With that said, I WILL be moderating this thread to keep things civil.

Hey Jeff being a WA resident, do I still need to give you $10 before.
    The tourney next week? I plan on making that ORDGC this year and don't want to miss out on any chances.

Jason
    It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Friday the 13th? Really Jeff? Really? You did that on purpose...

Comment

Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
        The tourney next week? I plan on making that ORDGC this year and don't want to miss out on any chances.

Jason
        of course not!!! OR rules NEVER apply to WA residents!

i'm sorry, jason. that was uncalled for. jeff will be available at the disc go ball. find him in the am to give your money... that's what all us oregon folk will be doing as well.
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by spanky11 View Post

Jason
          No. Its $100 for WA players.

Heh.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

No. Its $100 for WA players.

Heh.
            we oregonians think we're so damn funny.
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Hey now, I'm engaged to an Oregonian. Who's from Bend. I've applied to jobs in the PDX Area and come down about 4-5 times a year for tourneys. I'm part Oregonian at heart, don't hate!!!

Jason

Comment

[QUOTE=emmarose;135912]we oregonians think we're so damn funny.[/QUOT

Ya you guys go, I'm all fun and games until tee time haha
                And I have to be nice to Jeff ill see him about 3-4 times before the BSF and if I don't I know ill be getting a 7am tee time. Lol which I don't want. Until then my comments will remain quiet. Maybe if I beat Nate he will give me an Awsome tee time out of respect.

Comment

PLEASE NOTE:
                  This is my favorite part of the post. Who the hell bashes someone else for running an event and running it the way they see fit? Pathetic...
                  “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
                  ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Volunteers

Jeff even though me and DC Dan would love the chance to play this tourney...... which I might add...we can't...... cause someone said..... We will be there again to make your life a little easier And I know that you will love us for doing so, can't wait!!!! So just know that you got some good people with lots of experience helping you again this year. Lots of love your friend Chris Graham.
                    PDGA # 31451
                    2 Mini Aces
                    75 Aces
                    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                    DISC GOLF OR DIE
                    BOB CABAL
                    DISCVANGO
                    JEFF ELLIOT
                    G-MAN
                    JORDAN LEWIS
                    JEFF HAGERTY
                    JAMES GARCELON
                    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Hells Yeah!

Originally posted by chris7graham View Post
                      Jeff even though me and DC Dan would love the chance to play this tourney...... which I might add...we can't...... cause someone said..... We will be there again to make your life a little easier And I know that you will love us for doing so, can't wait!!!! So just know that you got some good people with lots of experience helping you again this year. Lots of love your friend Chris Graham.
                      I am all in for volunteering too!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      I’ll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

If I don't qualify, I will volunteer, too!
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Qualifiers: Disc-Go-Ball

I am pleased to announce the first group of players who have qualified to play in the 2013 Oregon Disc Golf Championships.

MPO
                          Dion Arlyn
                          Jason Pinkal
                          Jason Carr
                          Sean Phillips

FPO
                          Zoe Andyke

MA1
                          Stephen Sines
                          John Blatt
                          Bryan Luoma
                          Josh Petit

FA1
                          Rebecca Tobias

Well done everyone!

Comment

Nate Doss and Valerie Jenkins didn't opt in? I thought they might give it a run now that they're living up here.

Comment

Originally posted by KGroff25 View Post
                              Nate Doss and Valerie Jenkins didn't opt in? I thought they might give it a run now that they're living up here.
                              Valarie is signed up for the Rocky Mountain Women's Championships in Denver that weekend and am assuming Nate will go with her?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X