X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOOD

Post dubs food tonite and sat breakfast beeotches!!!!
    sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Tim holding down the food fort -- good to hear.

Both Sausage Guy and Portland Mobile Disc Lab will have discs etc. for sale at Horning's during the Huk, so bring your disc dollars with you instead of making an out of your way trip!

Comment

Gotta say I really enjoyed my "day1", looking forward to "day2"!!

Comment

Gotta give it up to J. Pierce!!
          Super nice guy, fun tourney, and a good time!!!
          Keep it up Josh I'll be back.

Comment

Any idea when PDGA will be updated with scores?

Comment

Good times!!! I did good the first day, but then forgot how to continue that on day 2.....

It was nice visiting with old friends, and I made some new friends too ;-)

My special thanks to those people who stopped by and visited with my gf Mandy and Rocko the boxer, that made their weekend!!!!!

That was one of the best run tournaments I have been to, good job!!!!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
                Any idea when PDGA will be updated with scores?
                I'm working on them now! hope to have them done soon

Also you didn't stick around to pick up your poker trophy

Thanks
                Josh

Comment

Originally posted by couve discer View Post

Thanks
                  Josh
                  Can you please double check the round ratings for Meadow Ridge? They seem very low.

Thanks!
                  Last edited by Scott; June 24th, 2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Results

Sorry guys after 1 1/2 hrs of inputting results I hit a wrong button and it deleted all of them made me want to smash my computer.
                    I will have them up after work tomorrow!
                    Sorry for the delay
                    Josh

Comment

What a great tourney, I hope people aren't too afraid to play that course again. It was brutal playing 2 on Meadow. Cant wait to see the ratings. Thanks Josh!
                      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by couve discer View Post

Thanks
                        Josh
                        I did hear that I might get something for that! I stuck around as long as I could, just before the long drive competition. I had other commitments I had to get off to. If you still have it, I would love to add it to my Man Cave! You are going to BSF right?

Comment

Results

There are no ratings for highlands because we didn't have any players that were high enough rated to give an accurate rating.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/103124/309029816

Comment

Huk recap

The Huk For Independence
                            We had 159 players and it was an awesome weekend! This year it was a C Tier and that took it to the next level. With 159 players it was the largest Huk to date. Hard to believe it went from 56 players in 2011 to 159 in 2013. I think that the location gives us the best opportunity to grow even more who knows maybe next year we'll break 200!!
                            I'm already thinking of how to make next year bigger, smoother and more fun for everyone. We learned a lot this year like a meadow ridge round takes at least 4 hours to get everyone finished. Doing all the scorecards for that many people is a job all in itself (thank you Megan and Carolyn) we couldn't have done it without you
                            We had a CTP across the lake to hole 19 for a killer mountain hardware duffle bag donated by next adventure. There were at least 100 people trying for that bag with many close misses, some lost discs in the lake and a few saved ones (thanks Joey) but it wasn't until the 13 year year old Kininson Nemeth (winner of the junior division) steps up and lefty flicks an ACE! I have never witnessed such an eruption from a crowd. it felt like a scene from a movie where the little guy beats the giant! no one even threw after that, the bag was his and people started giving him money for probably the most memorable ace anyone there will ever see!
                            We had an awesome vendors row this year with Huk Lab, Sausage guy, Portland mobile disc lab, pocket disc, Ninkasi, Acerbinky and lefty nation.
                            Thank you to Dallas brooks, Dan brown, Chris herber, lee Hartman, mike medlock, Jared Larsen, amber (pictures) and to everyone that came out and played, we couldn't of grown this big without you!
                            Thank you for all the kind words, they make me feel like were doing the right thing and we want to do better next year!
                            All in all I say it was the best Huk to date and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.
                            See you at the next event
                            Josh Pierce

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X