Disc Go Ball - April 13 & 14, 2013 - Bend, OR Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disc Go Ball - April 13 & 14, 2013 - Bend, OR

    The Disc Go Ball is back with another new layout at Bend Pine Nursery!

    The course plays through a combination of turf and natural areas with mature ponderosa pines and old growth juniper, high desert sagebrush, a large pond, irrigation canals, elevation changes, and rock outcroppings. We will add 18 temp holes to the 9-hole layout and compete in just one round of 27 holes each day.

    This combination Disc Golf/ Ultimate Frisbee event also features an array of Frisbee side games, snacks, entertainment, demonstrations, and a Saturday night player's party.

    Event details

    Register


  • #2
    This course is gonna be AWESOME! Thanks for all the hard work Rebels, I saw the piles of debris that you pulled out last weekend and stoked to be getting some new concrete tees!

    Comment


    • #3
      cant wait, last year was amazing with all the field games and dog show. Looking forward to another awsome year.
      It ain't gonna be easy!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Wahoo! Can't wait! Lots of people working hard clearing fairways, greens, digging out rocks, bushes etc to get this course ready for it's debut. I'm looking forward to playing the new layout!

        Comment


        • #5
          Registered Players

          Comment


          • #6
            dance. party.

            i just wanted to remind everyone that there is a dj and dance party at this shindig... last year sally west, joey moro & i shut that bitch down (with some help, of course, from the blaisdells and kaylin cripe)... would be nice to have some more disc golf representation on the dance floor this year 'cause those ultimate frisbee freaks are some kind of crazy, let me tell you. also, costumes are encouraged and this year's theme is "For the Birds"... just a little FYI...
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm in

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                i just wanted to remind everyone that there is a dj and dance party at this shindig... last year sally west, joey moro & i shut that bitch down (with some help, of course, from the blaisdells and kaylin cripe)... would be nice to have some more disc golf representation on the dance floor this year 'cause those ultimate frisbee freaks are some kind of crazy, let me tell you. also, costumes are encouraged and this year's theme is "For the Birds"... just a little FYI...
                Thank god for that photo booth- helped jog some memories the next morning...
                Last edited by Sally W; March 15th, 2013, 08:08 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sally W View Post
                  Thank god for that photo booth- helped jog some memories the next morning...
                  what photo booth?!? what memories?!? no, i would never take an "everyone show your sports bra" photo in a photo booth! that's crazy and totally slanderous, west. and it certainly would NOT be my idea.

                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                    what photo booth?!? what memories?!? no, i would never take an "everyone show your sports bra" photo in a photo booth! that's crazy and totally slanderous, west. and it certainly would NOT be my idea.

                    Pics or it didn't happen.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      is there any place with photos of the course or at least some of the holes?
                      Help a brother out

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                        is there any place with photos of the course or at least some of the holes?
                        Help a brother out
                        Wish I could help you out but most of US don't even know the course yet Our brand spankin new teepads (HUGE by the way!! won't know what to do with all that space) and pin placements are getting poured today. I've walked the course a bit during work parties and it looks like some fun holes for sure but it won't be a reality for another couple days until everything has time to set. Can't wait to play the new layout!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                          Pics or it didn't happen.
                          "Hey guys! Let's see how many people we can fit in here!" yeah- and if any photographic evidence did exist I think Ms. Hanley would probably be in possession of it. Not that any DOES exist but if it did... Hypothetically speaking of course.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sally W View Post
                            "Hey guys! Let's see how many people we can fit in here!" yeah- and if any photographic evidence did exist I think Ms. Hanley would probably be in possession of it. Not that any DOES exist but if it did... Hypothetically speaking of course.
                            these are not the drunken photo booth shenanigan pictures you are looking for...
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Here are a few links to some photos from prior years.

                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/2780913...7626473047916/

                              https://nextadventure.net/community/...nds-disco-ball

                              https://nextadventure.net/community/blog/flight-crew-boogies-down-disc-go-ball

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X