2013 Rose City Open presented by Huk Lab - May 25th/26th - Pier Park! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butter Lazer View Post
    MPO -Sold Out
    MA1 -Sold Out
    Yowza!! That was an incredibly fast fill for MA1...fingers crossed that I sneak in on the wait list. This tourney is top-notch, so I guess I shouldn't be too shocked!

Comment

Originally posted by chainsmasher View Post
      Yowza!! That was an incredibly fast fill for MA1...fingers crossed that I sneak in on the wait list. This tourney is top-notch, so I guess I shouldn't be too shocked!
      Ouch - 5 hours too late. Gonna miss RCO on that? Lame...

They use to call me quick draw McGee - not anymore
      Team DISCRAFT
      NW Sign Up
      Gorilla Boy
      Paragon Disc Golf
      Odwalla

Comment

Seattle golfer looking for a for a place to crash during the RCO, I have a cot and sleeping bag. Any help from a local would be awesome.

Comment

Current Registration
          sigpic
          http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

I too am excited for my first Rose City, if it's anywhere as cool as the NAAC I'll be pumped. I too struggle for accommodations there, is there any camping in a 30 minute radius that anyone knows of?
            "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Primus Sucks!

Darn, I missed the registration window.
              Fingers crossed for waitlist entry?

Comment

Gots to wait until payday to register. Hopefully FPO doesn't fill before then!

Comment

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
                  Gots to wait until payday to register. Hopefully FPO doesn't fill before then!
                  don't let this happen, Dan Brown!!! put her on the list!!!
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by DGOD! Disc Golf View Post
                    MA1 tends to fill up very fast, the other divisions seem to take a little longer.

Registration will open at 6pm, this Thursday! 4/4.
                    Only 58 guaranteed MA1 spots... as to accommodate a MPG division. More MA1 spots will open if other divisions don't fill.

Thanks again to 4discgolf.com
                    Just to beat my favorite dead horse some more...if you offered MA2 and made peeps sign up where their rating placed them...you know the rest.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                    Or does here stand the last remaining man
                    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Maybe I read the document found HERE wrong, but I thought that the rating requirement for MA1 is ANY

Comment

Originally posted by Butter Lazer View Post
                        Maybe I read the document found HERE wrong, but I thought that the rating requirement for MA1 is ANY
                        exactly, well put butter...that's why it's a dead horse I think...

Comment

oh yeah the zombie horse beat down begins!

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
                          exactly, well put butter...that's why it's a dead horse I think...
                          You are correct sir! That rule is one of the major causes of players playing AM forever. Why move up to a division where you'll have a hard time even cashing when you can stick around in MA1 and beat up on players whose ratings show that you'll out play them by over 10 strokes EACH ROUND in a tournament?

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                          Or does here stand the last remaining man
                          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Is there somewhere we can view the waitlist for MA1? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                              You are correct sir! That rule is one of the major causes of players playing AM forever. Why move up to a division where you'll have a hard time even cashing when you can stick around in MA1 and beat up on players whose ratings show that you'll out play them by over 10 strokes EACH ROUND in a tournament?

Oh I agree with you there,when you said that there should be a MA2 division, it sounded more like you were concerned with lower rated players taking spots up in MA1 that should wait their turn, sign up later and be in MA2. So maybe I'm confused on your point. Maybe that was butterlazer's thinking too? I think anyone should be able to play up in division, right? I think I'm just confused, sorry. I hate when someone SHOULD play up and doesn't...but them's the rules.
                              Last edited by ski2man; April 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post

I'm one of those high rated players in the MA1 field... Cane me, Cane me I am not even sure I can play this tournament but since I live in Vancouver now, I had to sign up just in case. I am not the same player I was 2 years ago. Full time job, coaching, 2 kids, married life, back to back to back to back injuries and full time rehab have taken it's toll on me and disc golf. My discs have been on strike for quite a while. Played my 2nd round of the year yesterday. And Pier has never been nice to me. I have less than 20 total rounds there in my life... That's my excuse... I will be lucky to place in the top 10 if I play... If I dont, lucky wait lister... But the TD will be informed well in advance of my status if they are reading this post

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X