2013 Rose City Open presented by Huk Lab - May 25th/26th - Pier Park! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mcw5378 View Post
    Hey can anyone give me a rough idea when the MPO final round will tee off Sunday?
    Going to try to head up from Salem today to watch.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sunday May 26th:
    7:30 - Flight B Players' meeting
    8:00 - Flight B Tee off Round 2
    11:00 - Flight A Players' meeting
    11:30 - Flight A Tee off Round 3
    2:30 - Flight B Players' meeting
    2:45 - Flight B Tee off Round 3
    6:00 - Awards
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• I say let the TD decide and play on... See ya sooooon... Living near Pier is awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye Disc Golf.com View Post
        What happens if in a division there are 10 players tied for 7th place? How do you place them in order on the scoreboard? If you do it by last name alphabetical order then that means Dan Zents and David Zimmerman are always in last place amongst the players they are tied with. This means they are playing 3 cards below Denny Axmacher.

I asked Dave Feldberg about this to see what he would say and he said in that instance, the order of the players that are tied should always be a random shuffle of the players that are tied. If you do alphabetical order or pdga number then the same players get punished every event for having their last name begin with a Z.

Is there an official PDGA guideline for this? Anybody know?
        After the first round, I usually go to by Alphabetical order, but another option is to sort by PDGA #. After 2nd or third round, I go by the best most recent round then PDGA #.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

• If you are tied for 9th I think there are bigger things to think of then where your card is placed.

You stated it perfectly that this sport involves a major mental game and part of maturing your game is to get past mental hurdles like being on a lower card. There are several books and studies relating to mental game and almost all of them talk about playing the best you can no matter what card and not playing against the other players on your card. If you beat one person on the top of your card and just try to play to beat them while two cards back a player beats all of you because they set their sights higher it becomes a pretty brutal lesson.

None the less if you have issue with how this TD setup the cards the best way to bring this up is a discussion directly with them off the boards. The discretion used by TD's is theirs and as long as it is uniform I can only say you need to suck it up and choose a different tournament if you can't handle it.
          "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Any chance scores from Sat are posted somewhere?
            http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/102262
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Why not use theirs scores from the previous round?
              The hotter players gets rewarded somewhat.
              that doesn't work for the 2nd round

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                After the first round, I usually go to by Alphabetical order, but another option is to sort by PDGA #. After 2nd or third round, I go by the best most recent round then PDGA #.
                Pretty sure that this is the standard used by most TDs. I know that this is what I have always done, as well.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Well, I hope everyone had a good time...

I just want to thank some people real quick...
                  First: JEFF HAGERTY! Thank you soooo much for giving me this opportunity. It was an awesome experience. I've learned a ton, and I obviously couldn't have done it without you! Thank you Jeff!
                  And everyone at Stumptown-Mike Phillips, Jeff Mittl, Cindy McMahn.
                  Jay and HUK LAB! I will cherish the banner forever!
                  All the DGOD helpers: The Great Zac Beltz! Who is back at work today(6am) after like 4 hours of sleep all weekend, Thank you buddy! Matty O, Dan Brown Jr, Ian Clark-Williams, Brett Kelly, Skipp Shelly, and everyone who helped pick up trash all week.
                  Ryan Gwillim, Mike Rideout, Steve Carson and 4discgolf.com.
                  And my wife for putting the trophies together! She really hope's everyone liked them!

A ton of work goes into these things, with very little reward. A simple "thank you" goes a long way.

Sponsors:
                  Huk Lab
                  Next Adventure
                  Innova Champion Discs
                  Bart Yanoch and the Rose Bud Almost Open!
                  Discraft
                  Plews Brews
                  Gawain Stern and sweet plastic
                  Anthony Bee and the Tinicum Disc Golf Club.
                  And the weather!

Congratulations to all the winners!

There are still some RCO Discs available for $20.
                  ROC3, Glow Max, and Full Color ESP Buzzz.
                  All proceeds go to next years RCO.
                  I'll have some at Lunchtime League Tonight...

I would also like to apologize to anyone who was counting on the sausage guy for food... especially the Friday people who were told not to bring any

P.S. I like to play "ro sham bo", to see who flips the coin, to see who starts on the higher card... Just so you know
                  sigpic
                  http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

• Nice work Dan and everyone that helped out! Had a great weekend. Thanks to everyone I had the opportunity to see and play with.
                    Brody Cannon
                    PDGA #34008

Comment

• Is there going to be any video posted of this years RCO?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X