Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart
    started a topic The Rose Bud Almost Open 2013 April 21st

The Rose Bud Almost Open 2013 April 21st

Here it is again - the Rose Bud Almost Open coming at you for the second year on Sunday April 21st at Timber Disc Golf course. This will be a one day unsanctioned event played on the same course as last year, an 18 hole par 59 safari course. If you talked to anybody from last year that played I'm sure they will tell you how fun and challenging it is.

More information will be posted as it becomes available but this is your official warning to mark your calendars, notify your wife or husband (or not, depending on how you deal with these golf events), and tell your in-laws not to visit that weekend unless it's to watch the kids....

Registration or check in from 8-8:30 and first round tee off at 9am. First round will be mixed divisions and the second will be based on division and score.
    Bart
    Last edited by Bart; April 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM. Reason: More info

• essjay
    replied
    Thanks so much Bart, Jeff, Jerry, and all the helpers for a great tournament day! We had a blast, and it was so good to see all the Portland peeps and start the tournament season off with a fun one!

Note: Crawdad lost 2(!) Fort Stielli Champ Destroyers in the poo pond, so if someone is insane enough to try to retrieve discs outta that thing, please give him a call if you find them! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• bryan_luoma
    replied
    mad props Bart and crew!

I would also like to express my gratitude to everyone involved in making this fun event happen.

I enjoyed the "old school" mixed divisions in round one, the safari layout was grand, the food and beverages were tasty, and the company was enjoyable!

Thank you! I'll see you next year!

Lost: Yellow Star Valkyrie with Calapooia stamp

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Hemmerling
    replied
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Thanks everyone for coming out and making the tournament so much fun. And once again I'd like to thank these people...

Disc Golf Depot / Jerry Miller
    Stumptown DGC
    PGE / Joe Marvel
    Jeff Hagerty
    Eric Lund
    Justin Hiatt
    Dan'l Langer
    4DiscGolf / Ryan Gwillim
    Calapooia Brewing / Mark Martin
    A big thanks to Bart and those listed above. Had a great time!

Damn, I wish that was the normal Timber layout. A very challenging course. Nice mix of short/long, lefty/righty holes.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Thanks everyone for coming out and making the tournament so much fun. And once again I'd like to thank these people...

Disc Golf Depot / Jerry Miller
    Stumptown DGC
    PGE / Joe Marvel
    Jeff Hagerty
    Eric Lund
    Justin Hiatt
    Dan'l Langer
    4DiscGolf / Ryan Gwillim
    Calapooia Brewing / Mark Martin

For everything they did to make this tournament run smooth, go smooth, and finish smooth. Results are above (obviously). Everyone who won cash stayed to pick that up but there were a few folks that have script waiting for them. Contact me regarding how we can get that to you, and it can be redeemed at Disc Golf Depot anytime. Jerry was nice enough not to put expiration dates on the script. Here are those people...

Casey Kimball $25
    John Blatt $40
    Mike Philips $30
    Jamison Holtz $55

Once again thanks for coming out and playing. We'll do it again next year.

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye
    replied
    Final Results are up!

Leave a comment:

• dooley
    replied
    Rosebud Almost Open

Thank you Jerry.Disc Golf Depot....Mark..Calapooia....and all those who helped Bart put this on.Great ,fun layout..Had a great time on both cards.. Bart....you rock and your tourneys do too...

Leave a comment:

• Bruce
    replied
    Yes, I know that disc well. I was waiting for someone to put it on the table to pick it up for my buddy since he had to leave, but alas that never happened. I'll send you a private message with his contact info.

Edit: And speaking of lost discs, I lost a silver 2013 Pro World star tern on tourney hole 8. No name or number in it since it was about..10 minutes old. Would like to get that back as well! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ned.blaze
    replied
    I found a disc that has die of Jesus on it found it in poop creek, sound familiar to anyone? There is no name or number on it.

Leave a comment:

• Casey Kimball
    replied
    My first rosebud almost open and it was a blast. Showed up solo and could not have asked for better guys on my card, really fun times. Will definitely be there next year. The safari layout is awesome. Thanks for all the hard work putting it together!!

Leave a comment:

• Blattz5
    replied
    Thanks to everyone who made the rose bud almost open happen. It was my first time ever playing timber in any layout and can't wait to play it again. I did have to leave early and did not get to see the results. Is there a possibility that results will be posted?

Leave a comment:

• Pizzel
    replied
    The Rosebud was a blast. Thanks to Bart and all those who helped out.

Leave a comment:

• PDX_Stu
    replied
    Love the course and the event. Good job.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye
    replied
    I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Bart Yanoch for, once again, putting on an awesome Rosebud Almost Open. Bart's Timber Safari layout is a blast, and I know everyone I played with had a great time.

Also, a huge thank you to Jerry Miller and Disc Golf Depot for being there to provide lunch and scrip for the players, and to Mark Martin and Calapooia Brewing for the keg.

Good times indeed!

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    So the online sign ups have sold out. Contact me to get on the "wait list". We'll make sure everyone that wants to play will get to. Got room for two ghost groups or we can do a few five one depending on what people prefer. Just got back from setting up the course and should be fun and a little tougher this year on a couple holes. Like I said, call me if you want to play or show up in the morning and we'll make room for people.

My number is 503-593-1007

See you guys tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X