X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rose Bud Almost Open 2013 April 21st

Here it is again - the Rose Bud Almost Open coming at you for the second year on Sunday April 21st at Timber Disc Golf course. This will be a one day unsanctioned event played on the same course as last year, an 18 hole par 59 safari course. If you talked to anybody from last year that played I'm sure they will tell you how fun and challenging it is.

More information will be posted as it becomes available but this is your official warning to mark your calendars, notify your wife or husband (or not, depending on how you deal with these golf events), and tell your in-laws not to visit that weekend unless it's to watch the kids....

Registration or check in from 8-8:30 and first round tee off at 9am. First round will be mixed divisions and the second will be based on division and score.
    Bart
    Last edited by Bart; April 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM. Reason: More info

Awesome.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ok, the proverbial ball is rolling. This will once again be a fundraiser for the Rose City Open. All divisions will have a $30 entry fee, $10 of which will goto the RCO and everything else will be paid out back to the players. Disc Golf Depot is on this year to do the script for the event.

Two rounds on the Timber Safari 18 hole par 59 layout. Non sanctioned. I'm working at getting some refreshments lined up again this year. Natian Brewery was kind enough to donate about 2 kegs of 3 different kinds of beer last year which lent well to the over all fun, and I'm sure effected scores in a variety of fashions. Please, if you intend to imbibe at this event (or any other, for that matter) please make sure you have safe passage home.

Registrations will be up at FireFly hopefully by Thursday this week. A link will be posted when it's online. If you prefer you can get payment to me directly if you want to cut out the computer stuff.

Bart Yanoch
      byanoch@gmail.com
      503-593-1007

I'll get the map man E Dot to repost it here so you can marvel at it's awesomeness. Cheers...

Comment

Awesome that safari layout is sweet!

Comment

Last edited by Lund; April 11th, 2013, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
            FYI, There is a poop-ton of poison oak in the bushes next to hole 1's basket below the erector set power-line thingy.

Comment

Well if you end up in the poison oak in the erector set you've really messed up your up shot. I don't think I heard of anyone going in there last year. There was debate about wether to go around the erector set to the left or to the right. Shorter distance to the right but tighter, longer to the left but more open. There are more than a few of these decisions to make on the course.

But thanks for the heads up and I'll make sure to include it in the players meeting.

Registration is now open at...

http://www.4discgolf.com/RBUD

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                Well if you end up in the poison oak in the erector set you've really messed up your up shot.
                I'm talking about the one 20' behind and right of the basket. And for what it's worth, I carded a birdy 3.

Comment

Now I know where you are talking. Will be mentioned, and congrats on your birdie three last year. May you do it again this year...

Comment

Will Disc Golf Depot be onsite to redeem script or do you have to go to Jerry's?
                    Thanks Bart!

Comment

Jerry wasn't sure last time i talked to him if he was going to be able to be at the tournament, but was going to know more as the date approaches. I would guess the there's a high probability that yes, he will be there. He was talking about finding someone to watch the shop while he was out there and since it was still a month out (last time we talked), I don't think they have the shifts at the depot scheduled out that far in advance. As I find out more I will post...

Oh, and I'm happy that this year hole #18 will be played as originally intended. Last year construction on the fish counter prevented us from using the tee pad by the lower lot. We had to tee off from the top of the bowl. But this year it will play as I had originally intended. Tee from current pad #20 (bottom of the bowl) and plays to basket #21 (by the entrance to the service road). Have fun thinking about how you are going to play that first shot.

Comment

Whats the registration list look like? That is if it isn't too much of a pain to post

Comment

Just got back from out of town and tried to post the reg list but was unable to do so without listing everyone's personal data along with it. Will work on that and hopefully get it up soon.

An updated map will be posted soon as the layout and numbers on some of the holes are different at Timber this time around.

Should be able to tell you who our beer sponsor will be this year within the week as well...

There's only about a week left for online registration so if you haven't done it yet and are on the fence, decide which side you are going to fall off of.

I'll post times for the rounds and such soon here too. I believe it will be a 9AM tee off. No need to start too early on a Sunday.

Basically there's a list of stuff I plan to do this week, that and some laundry. I'll let you know how it goes...

Comment

Yeah! I just registered for the Rosebud! Thanks again for running this event Bart. This is a super-fun event and a great layout for Timber.

Jeff
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                              Basically there's a list of stuff I plan to do this week, that and some laundry. I'll let you know how it goes...
                              Especially the laundry. If it goes well for you, I might give mine a go...

Looking forward to this, Bart.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X