Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is always people who don't like prices, but it never looks good when someone complains about prices. Just show the TD and don't play if you think it is to much.
    My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

It could be $5 and someone will not like the price.

Comment

black cloud

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
        $70.00 for a two round c-tier at Whistlers? Don't mean to be a downer but that seems pretty steep to me. Or perhaps I'm just "a poor".
        Will,
        Sorry man.
        You're correct, that is a lot of money
        FWIW, I am close to reaching my goal of a 100% payout for all divisions.
        In all honesty, I was expecting mostly current PDGA members to enter and then it would only top out at $52 for pro divisions.
        Yose
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

No worries Yose. It ain't a shot at you personally as I'm sure you know. I know a little bit about running tournaments, and I'm usually not one to complain. I just haven't played in many tournies recently, because of various life reasons, and am just a little stunned at how a 36 hole tourney could be that much money. Especially a C-tier. Perhaps my values have changed recently, but if I'm dropping that much money on two days of golf, I would at least hope for 54 holes.
          With the increasing popularity of tournies in the this state I'm sure you'll sell it out though. And I hope that you do! Best of luck and see you soon...

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
          Will,
          Sorry man.
          You're correct, that is a lot of money
          FWIW, I am close to reaching my goal of a 100% payout for all divisions.
          In all honesty, I was expecting mostly current PDGA members to enter and then it would only top out at $52 for pro divisions.
          Yose
          May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

group of 3 and counting

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
            Can we get an updated registration list??? Just curious to see who else is signed up I know us Bend folks have a nice contingent coming over and I'm looking forward to my first time at this course! Have heard amazing things!
            Sally,
            Britney Quesenberry, (winner of the SOWS gig at Whistlers ) has signed up, so there are now 3 women with at least 2 more that I can almost guarantee.
            Again, bring a camera, as WB in May can be beautiful.
            Yose
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

This got me to thinking about it and I found the table for recommended entry fees in the Tour Standards pdf. http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/..._Standards.pdf
              it recommends: $100 for A-tier, $70 for B-Tier, $50 for C-Tier.
              I think it did go up from a couple years ago.

I am not trying to step on any toes. I am very very thankful that people take their time and energy to run events for me to play in.

I can't wait to play in this. If I can remember to pay ya . So any word on the final 9 layout? or is it top secret
              -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Is this tourney going to be part of this weekend?
                http://www.pdga.com/worlds-biggest-disc-golf-weekend

Comment

WBDGW

Originally posted by Nendemano View Post
                  Is this tourney going to be part of this weekend?
                  http://www.pdga.com/worlds-biggest-disc-golf-weekend
                  Nope.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Well it is free... 0 .... Just throwing it out there.... Really looking forward to this tourney!!

Comment

I just signed up. cmon pros lets fill this thing up. Its Whistler's, you know you wanna play
                      -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Im in....

Comment

Its a shame this wasn't a straight up two day event. I suspect a lot more people would have embraced it. It is such a long drive for just a single day of golf... even if it is Whistler's Bend.

Register folks! It'll be a blast!
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

^^ nailed it. i just cannot drive for so long for a one day event. super bummed. no whistler's for me this year. but, it's not all about me and it's not like there's not plenty of events, so really no worries.
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                              ^^ nailed it. i just cannot drive for so long for a one day event. super bummed. no whistler's for me this year. but, it's not all about me and it's not like there's not plenty of events, so really no worries.
                              August 10th-11th W.D.O. It's a b-tier!!!
                              My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by putter anonymous View Post
                                August 10th-11th W.D.O. It's a b-tier!!!
                                i know!!! and it's SUCH a great event... i really enjoyed myself when i played it... but august i'm traveling to shelton... the timing just is KILLING me on events this year... thank you, tho, for reminding me.
                                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X