Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gang golf?

Originally posted by Huk-DMC View Post
    I know there are a handful of local open players that have said they will play... but if they don't we got a pretty sweet fivesome lol
    5 in a group!!!!!!!!!!!
    This ain't no SOWS gig brother!
    I think we will get quite a few day of signups.
    I am having trouble uploading new players but for now the pro field is:

Josh Gozzie
    Mike Murch
    Danny Espinosa
    Devin Cordell
    Scotty Withers
    Nate Sexton
    Jeff Layland
    Colin Sexton
    Justin Joers
    Robert "Big Moe" Lockwood
    Last edited by Flatroc; April 26th, 2013, 08:04 AM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

growing pains

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      Yose,

I am afraid there may be a flaw in whatever logic you are using to make the gigantic leap from:

Me offering to make this an ORDGC qualifier to help you fill your event.

To:

I need to leave my feelings behind before making decisions that may ill effect others and or the growth of this awesome sport.

If I had not already "left my feelings behind", then I never would have offered in the first place. Right now, I feel like your trying to chastise me for trying to help you out. I'm sorry if my offer wasn't "soon enough" for your liking, but I'll go ahead and chalk this down to another case of "No good deed goes unpunished.".

Now, if you insist on laying blame on why this event is not full, try looking at the decision of making this two 1 day events. Very few people want to drive 4 hours each way to play for a 1 day event. If this had been a two day event as it has been in the past, then it would probably be FULL... just like in the past.
      Jeff,
      I sincerely appreciate your "good deeds"! You are definitely a "Good Deed Do'er".
      However, the fact that you only offered it to help with attendance still puzzles me.
      Personally..... I honestly, sincerely, really don't give a shit if this gig fills or not. I gave up that worry many years ago.
      So, no blame and I am sorry that you feel beat up.
      Hopefully this will help you to understand my feelings.
      When I asked what I could have done to make this a qualifier, I was honestly expecting an answer that would contain criteria for your system. As in, it has to be a B tier, two day event, notify you in advance, etc.
      Your answer with the shit form the past caught me off guard.
      Maybe in the future set a standard as to how gigs can be qualified and perhaps start the year before, so there is less confusion.
      Again, you and Magilla better get 2 more players to make a division of 4.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Please say that this is done now. You both do a ton for disc golf and I know for a fact that it is appreciated greatly by those of us who love the game.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Can't speak for all Eugene golfers but as Matt said those other two events (Worlds biggest at Alton Baker and SHIP fundraiser at Grove) are going to keep a lot of us here in town. I love playin whistlers and I'm hoping to play Whistlin' Discs in Aug but if this was a two day event, I guarantee you'd get more of us down there...

appreciate all the whistlers group does!

Comment

I keep hearing how Northern golfers don't want to make the trip....At least a couple of us are up for a drive to play some awesome disc golf, at one of the Best courses in the state. Not to mention play in a tournament run by a great TD!!
            Yose... looking forward to another great event!!

Comment

I'm makin the trip! I have the benefit of not knowing that this used to be a 2 day event. I'm thinking I'll make it a two day event anyway and just show up and camp Friday.

Comment

the Bend crew is looking forward to a great time. Got both yurts reserved and ready for a weekend o' fun! I will be a little jealous of all the Bend Ams that get to relax and get back to Bend at a leisurely pace Sunday but looking forward to it!

Comment

Between all of you and me and a Mach III

Here ya go:
                  I decided to celebrate my 25th year as a PDGA member by getting back into running some PDGA gigs and to encourage people to join.
                  Plus the fact we now have more PDGA er's down south here than ever, and I kept getting requests from my peeps.
                  I am one of those TD's who hates to say "sorry, it's full".
                  One of the main reasons we now have half of our SOWS gigs split into 2 days and partly why I handed the dubs gig off.
                  So, what I really wanted to do and hope to do next year, is make this event a 'B' tier and hold it on 2 separate weekends.
                  I feel Whistlers and the fact we could have over 300 people playing is deserving.
                  With no GNO and peeps wanting to play I grabbed the TD wheel.
                  I admit I rushed into this and made some decisions that might have not been the best, but it is what it is.
                  Thanks for all the input + or -, we need it to grow.
                  Players package for all divisions. (pssst glow Teebird for pro's).
                  100% (at least) payout to all divisions.
                  Basket/goodie raffle on Amateur day.
                  And...... drum roll........ it's an ORDGC qualifier!
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                    Here ya go:
                    I decided to celebrate my 25th year as a PDGA member by getting back into running some PDGA gigs and to encourage people to join.
                    Plus the fact we now have more PDGA er's down south here than ever, and I kept getting requests from my peeps.
                    One of the main reasons we now have half of our SOWS gigs split into 2 days and partly why I handed the dubs gig off.
                    So, what I really wanted to do and hope to do next year, is make this event a 'B' tier and hold it on 2 separate weekends.
                    I feel Whistlers and the fact we could have over 300 people playing is deserving.
                    I admit I rushed into this and made some decisions that might have not been the best, but it is what it is.
                    YEP!!!

Comment

Here ya go:
                      Ohh awesome how much Is group camping!
                      My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

As always, yose man..... Telling it like it is .... And that's why we have mad respect . I can't wait to play this bad A event... . Cheers to everyone see you all there..... Team winchester rules !!!!

Comment

group camping $5

Originally posted by putter anonymous View Post
                          Ohh awesome how much Is group camping!
                          Group camping is $50 for locals who have to ask!
                          Any monies collected over the actual cost of the campground will be Bud's tip!
                          - Anonymous

Comment

Jeff,
                            I sincerely appreciate your "good deeds"! You are definitely a "Good Deed Do'er".
                            However, the fact that you only offered it to help with attendance still puzzles me.
                            Personally..... I honestly, sincerely, really don't give a shit if this gig fills or not. I gave up that worry many years ago.
                            So, no blame and I am sorry that you feel beat up.
                            Hopefully this will help you to understand my feelings.
                            When I asked what I could have done to make this a qualifier, I was honestly expecting an answer that would contain criteria for your system. As in, it has to be a B tier, two day event, notify you in advance, etc.
                            Your answer with the shit form the past caught me off guard.
                            Maybe in the future set a standard as to how gigs can be qualified and perhaps start the year before, so there is less confusion.
                            Again, you and Magilla better get 2 more players to make a division of 4.

Speaking purely on that last line.

It isnt our fault that the southern old choads r askeerd of us out of towners. Waz up, Yose...Rally the troops.....and if it comes down to it...I aint askeerd of playing with them youngsters.

Looking forward to it, regardless.

Go Giants

Comment

Group camping is $50 for locals who have to ask!
                              Any monies collected over the actual cost of the campground will be Bud's tip!
                              Does that mean you did reserved camping or you didn't?
                              My drunken words are my sober thoughts!

Comment

Dinner for two!

Originally posted by putter anonymous View Post
                                Does that mean you did reserved camping or you didn't?
                                Copy on the reserved group camping (section A) for Saturday. Cost is $5 and if the demand is there we can most likely use the other side.
                                I reserved 'A' because I'd really like to incorporate the old OB line we used to play along 18's fairway by the road.
                                I am serious though if there is extra cash after paying for the camping, I am giving it to Bud and Marge.
                                The stress we put him through sometimes is worth it.
                                There is some more info on the first post of this thread too if ya need.
                                - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X