• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Pro's Lets get signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
      Come on Pro's Lets get signed up.
      I offered to make this event an ORDGC qualifier in the hopes of helping pick up registration, but never heard back. I'd love to see more people playing!
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

communication breakdown > zeppelin

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        I offered to make this event an ORDGC qualifier in the hopes of helping pick up registration, but never heard back. I'd love to see more people playing!
        Jeff,
        I just now read your offer, thanks, it's fine by me if you still want to make this event a qualifier.
        My apologies if this may mess up anyone's chances at becoming a state champion.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
          Jeff,
          I just now read your offer, thanks, it's fine by me if you still want to make this event a qualifier.
          My apologies if this may mess up anyone's chances at becoming a state champion.
          Hey, I'm just trying to help you fill this event! Whistlers rules!
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

to be or not to be

Hey, I'm just trying to help you fill this event! Whistlers rules!
            Cool man, thanks!
            So.... is the offer still there?
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Cool man, thanks!
              So.... is the offer still there?
              Absolutely!

I will be down there. The number of slots awarded will be somewhat dependent on the number of entries, But I will guaranty at least this many invites:

MPO: 2
              FPO: 1
              MA1: 2
              FA1: 1

I may add more if there is enough interest.

Comment

curious george

Jeff,
                I would regret this more if I didn't ask you, so here goes.
                Is there anything that I could have done so that you could/would have offered this to be one of your qualifiers when this event was posted 2 months ago?
                I hope this is a fair question.
                Thanks for your efforts and you better find at least 2 more MPM's for your division.
                yose
                - Anonymous

Comment

Jeff,
                  I would regret this more if I didn't ask you, so here goes.
                  Is there anything that I could have done so that you could/would have offered this to be one of your qualifiers when this event was posted 2 months ago?
                  I hope this is a fair question.
                  Thanks for your efforts and you better find at least 2 more MPM's for your division.
                  yose

Yose,

Well, since you asked... Yes, I probably would have offered this up a lot sooner if not for the fact that you pretty much beat me up a while back for wanting to stick to my own vision for the ORDGC. With that little bit of history, I honestly wasn't sure if you'd even be interested in my offer.

However, since I really do like to leave past shit in the past, and I saw your registrations were a little slow, I threw the offer out there anyway. Hopefully, it helps a bit. If not, no one can say I didn't try.

Cheers,

Jeff Hagerty

Comment

post 33 & 34

Yose,

Well, since you asked... Yes, I probably would have offered this up a lot sooner if not for the fact that you pretty much beat me up a while back for wanting to stick to my own vision for the ORDGC. With that little bit of history, I honestly wasn't sure if you'd even be interested in my offer.

However, since I really do like to leave past shit in the past, and I saw your registrations were a little slow, I threw the offer out there anyway. Hopefully, it helps a bit. If not, no one can say I didn't try.

Cheers,

Jeff Hagerty
                    Wow!
                    I sure am glad you "really like to leave past shit in the past".
                    Again, I am sorry that you felt beat up during my attempt to follow my own vision of advocating for geezer golfers to play in a State Championship.
                    After re-reading the "history", I was under the impression there were......
                    "hard feelings = none"
                    I only ask that moving forward you leave your feelings for me behind when it comes to making decisions that may ill effect others and or the growth of this awesome sport that we all love!
                    's
                    - Anonymous

Comment

Wow!
                      I sure am glad you "really like to leave past shit in the past".
                      Again, I am sorry that you felt beat up during my attempt to follow my own vision of advocating for geezer golfers to play in a State Championship.
                      After re-reading the "history", I was under the impression there were......
                      "hard feelings = none"
                      I only ask that moving forward you leave your feelings for me behind when it comes to making decisions that may ill effect others and or the growth of this awesome sport that we all love!
                      's

Yose,

I am afraid there may be a flaw in whatever logic you are using to make the gigantic leap from:

Me offering to make this an ORDGC qualifier to help you fill your event.

To:

I need to leave my feelings behind before making decisions that may ill effect others and or the growth of this awesome sport.

If I had not already "left my feelings behind", then I never would have offered in the first place. Right now, I feel like your trying to chastise me for trying to help you out. I'm sorry if my offer wasn't "soon enough" for your liking, but I'll go ahead and chalk this down to another case of "No good deed goes unpunished.".

Now, if you insist on laying blame on why this event is not full, try looking at the decision of making this two 1 day events. Very few people want to drive 4 hours each way to play for a 1 day event. If this had been a two day event as it has been in the past, then it would probably be FULL... just like in the past.

Comment

^^ yup and yup (just to the part about why the event isn't filling, you boys are on your own to hash out the ordgc and feelings stuff). i can't make the drive for a one-dayer. 2 rounds on sunday and the drive back to p-town (i mean way the eff out in the boonies outside of p-town) and have to go to work on monday? just. can't. do it.

doesn't mean i have a problem with your event or you running it! the more events the better! it just explains why you're not getting as many non-southern oregon locals to fill it up. i am really bummed that my sched isn't allowing for a whistler's trip this year (no one's fault, just the way the cookie is crumbling this year) and i'm super disappointed to be missing another chance to qualify for the ORDGC...

if you can wrap your head around making it a two dayer next year, yose... you know i will be there!!!
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Hey, eugene disc golfers why haven't you signed up for this tournament? I have a good time with you guys so, why is there only one person from Eugene signed up right now for this whistlers tourney that doesn't eat up the whole weekend? Is everyone going to the spring game? Is everyone playing the aloha shushi thing in WA? I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything like that. I just want to be able to say I beat 25 guys. It sounds better than 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Blattz5 View Post
                            Hey, eugene disc golfers why haven't you signed up for this tournament? I have a good time with you guys so, why is there only one person from Eugene signed up right now for this whistlers tourney that doesn't eat up the whole weekend? Is everyone going to the spring game? Is everyone playing the aloha shushi thing in WA? I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything like that. I just want to be able to say I beat 25 guys. It sounds better than 13.
                            I'm still thinking about it. I can't speak for anyone else, but there are two disc golf events in Eugene area that weekend - a Worlds Biggest at Alton Baker, and a SHIP fundraiser at Cottage Grove. I imagine more than a few Eugene disc golfers are doing one or both of those.

Comment

Ok now I see what the hold up is. Thanks Matt.

Comment

I know there are a handful of local open players that have said they will play... but if they don't we got a pretty sweet fivesome lol
                                -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X