North Umpqua Invitational
    Whistlers Bend DGC
    Roseburg, Oregon
    May 4 & 5, 2013
    PDGA C Tier

May 4th > Amateur divisions > 76 max
    May 5th > Professional divisions > 76 max

MPO > $62 ** All other Pro > $52 ** MA1 > $47 ** All other Amateur > $37
    Current PDGA members receive a $10 discount.

Same format for both days.
    Players meet @ 8:00
    1st round tee @ 8:30
    All divisions will play 2 rounds of 18 with the top 4 MA1 and MPO playing a final 9.

Group camping has been reserved for Saturday night. $5 per person.

Online registration will be hosted by:
    http://www.4discgolf.com/NUI
    Online registration ends on April 26,2013.
    You can also send a check/money order to:
    Umpqua Disc Association ~ PO Box 711 Riddle, Oregon 97469
    Last edited by Flatroc; February 25th, 2013, 09:48 AM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

NUI

sweeeet I cant wait to play.... if im invited
    I like the format with a final 9.
    -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

NUI

I'm new to the tournament scene. Do you really need an invitation for the event, or is it open for everyone?

Comment

Welcome to the scene

Originally posted by Blattz5 View Post
        I'm new to the tournament scene. Do you really need an invitation for the event, or is it open for everyone?
        Nope, you don't need an invitation. The whole dang disc golf community is invited!
        Well.....except for HUK-DMC. But, if he keeps playing like he has been, then he is prolly a shoe in for an invite.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Blattz5 View Post
          February 24th, 2013, 06:10 PM
          Blattz5

NUI

Greatest. First. Post. Ever.

Welcome!

You're right, there are events called "invitationals," that technically are not invite-only, like the CSI.

Even the Worlds start out by invite, but are then opened up if not filled by invitees.

Then there are events for which you must qualify, such as for ORDGC or USDGC (Open)...
          Last edited by TreeLove; February 25th, 2013, 06:32 PM.
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

hole # 10 Whistlers Bend

Gawain,
            Many times I have been on tee # 10 at Whistlers Bend DGC and thought of you and all those gigs you brought your basket and chained it up to one of the "birdie crash" trees. Thanks again hombre!
            As a result, the nickname of "Treelove" has often been applied to #10 @ WB. I sure hope this makes sense?
            - Anonymous

Comment

Online Registration is open...

http://www.4discgolf.com/NUI

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                Gawain,
                Many times I have been on tee # 10 at Whistlers Bend DGC and thought of you and all those gigs you brought your basket and chained it up to one of the "birdie crash" trees. Thanks again hombre!
                As a result, the nickname of "Treelove" has often been applied to #10 @ WB. I sure hope this makes sense?
                I edited my post, since in re-reading it, I was classless. My apologies.

Thanks for the kudos; we were just reminiscing about bringing baskets to Whistler's.

Sorry that editing my post might make your reference not make sense any more, but I had to take it down. Sorry for my poor taste.
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

no worries mon/life is short

G,
                  All is well bro!
                  I'm just hoping that you play in this event and I don't have to start you on tee 14!
                  FYI (I = information not invitational ) I am actually looking forward to running a ratings based event in the near future.
                  PS... if you make the NUI you don't need to bring a basket.
                  Yose
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Geezer Holler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo Bob Cabal, Bob Chard, Danny Jefferds, Lennie Holland, Boydster, Axel, Brian Wilson, Bruce Sisson, Tare Bear, Kevin Canfield, and all of the rest of you 50-70 year old disc golfers.
                    I would like to encourage all of you fellers to play in this event and show them youngin's that we can represent.
                    I will honor a division of 3 if that would help get you all to play.
                    I introduced a Pro Gr Master and Am Gr Master in the SOWS this year and while it split our normal Pro Masters in half it balanced the playing field respectively.
                    Yo Hyzerbomb, I could see a Pro SGM division brewing here.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

Registration List

Here's a peek at who's signed up so far.
                      Amateur
                      http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/101835
                      Professional
                      http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/101849

Please bear with me and my analog ways.
                      Last edited by Flatroc; March 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Well at least two of the three Nava's are goin
                        Let's get some women's intermediate players signed up

Comment

Can we get an updated registration list??? Just curious to see who else is signed up I know us Bend folks have a nice contingent coming over and I'm looking forward to my first time at this course! Have heard amazing things!

Comment

first timer? bring the camera

Originally posted by Sally W View Post
                            Can we get an updated registration list??? Just curious to see who else is signed up I know us Bend folks have a nice contingent coming over and I'm looking forward to my first time at this course! Have heard amazing things!
                            Sally
                            The latest online registrations are being regularly updated as we get them.
                            I do expect to get a few at the Whistlers SOWS gig this weekend and will update.
                            I'm counting on Suzie Q, Rhonda and perhaps Lauren from down this way to enter. Are you working on Emma and some of the PDX ladies?
                            Whistlers Bend is an amazing place!
                            The dgc is a bonus.
                            Yose
                            - Anonymous

Comment

$70.00 for a two round c-tier at Whistlers? Don't mean to be a downer but that seems pretty steep to me. Or perhaps I'm just "a poor".
                              May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X