2013 Beaver State Fling presented by Keen Footwear, Next Adventure & Innova Disc Golf Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver State Fling course setup

As of this evening both 18E and 18W courses are in the BSF tournament layouts!

Only one hole, BSF 5W, is currently not in the correct position due to an anchor issue, but will be in deep pin tomorrow in time for the PDGA's rule that a tournament course layout must be in place 48 hours before the start of a Nat'l Tour event.

Note the course change on new holes 8W and 9W. 8W is last year's 9W...9W is now an island hole teeing off near the boat ramp parking lot to the island in the E parking lot. You must land on one of the two islands to be inbounds or proceed to Drop Zone. Fun new hole!

The Beaver State Fling has arrived!

Comment

• Originally posted by JMittl View Post

Only one hole, BSF 5W, is currently not in the correct position due to an anchor issue, but will be in deep pin tomorrow in time for the PDGA's rule that a tournament course layout must be in place 48 hours before the start of a Nat'l Tour event.

Note the course change on new holes 8W and 9W. 8W is last year's 9W...9W is now an island hole teeing off near the boat ramp parking lot to the island in the E parking lot. You must land on one of the two islands to be inbounds or proceed to Drop Zone. Fun new hole!

There are no amount of emoticons that can accurately represent how excited I am! I, like Emma, may quite possibly pee myself out of excitement and anticipation. Can't wait to hit the road tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by JMittl View Post

I don't know if I am relieved or disappointed not to be trying to get on that little island on 8W. Definitely excited to see the new hole and practice it!

Just curious - was it the waiting and other traffic issues that caused the change or the Park or...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          Just curious - was it the waiting and other traffic issues that caused the change or the Park or...?
          The picnic shelter on 8W was rented out by another group many months ago.

Comment

• Hurray, no more 8W...there I said it. Some of us have played the new alternate position. It is a little easier!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              The picnic shelter on 8W was rented out by another group many months ago.
              Ah, I see. Yeah, that wouldn't work. I guess maybe we shall see that hole again! I have a love/hate relationship with that one. Such an awesome golf hole. My drives have always been mediocre at best but I've had some great upshots to get a par putt, and just as many goofs for bogey.

Looking at the 2013 map at http://beaverstatefling.com/beaver_s...ing/course.php that island on the new 9W sure looks small! I can't quite picture it in my head but I love the concept of the two islands being safe. We did the same thing at the EDGC Ice Bowl this year on a temp hole in the parking lot - I think everyone went for the island with the basket and no one laid up on the bigger, closer island. Lost of fun to watch, a lot of mulligans burned up, a lot of OB bogeys, a lot of birdies, and the only Ace too. Looks like fun and at 300' I can reach it!

BTW that map is excellent! Click on any hole number for the details! Just another little thing that makes this event one of the best (the best?) in the world!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                I guess maybe we shall see that hole again!
                AFAIK, that is the plan. The change is for this year only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  AFAIK, that is the plan. The change is for this year only.
                  Yes, this temporary change is for this year only. Unfortunately, by the time the PDGA was able to give us a confirmed date on the NT schedule, that shelter had already been reserved. Yes, it is a bummer, but we feel we have come up with an acceptable solution.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• AMAZING interactive map!!

Nice work
                    www.DiscAddiction.com - custom dyed discs

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club info

Comment

• Anyone heading out that way tomorrow that has room for one more? I have folks to stay with out there but just need a lift. Am in PDX now and can help out with gas $$$.

Thanks,

kurtis
                      (907) two99-44one6

Comment

• awesome job!

Originally posted by Danni View Post
                        AMAZING interactive map!!

Nice work
                        True! A Sweet map indeed!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Love the map!!

Comment

• Amateur Tee Times for the Saturday morning round at the Beaver State FLing have been posted here:

Beaver State Fling - Amateur

PLEASE NOTE: The "Pool" field lists your starting hole. Please make sure you check in at your starting hole at least 15 minutes before your tee time.
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Hey, Jeff*2 The schedule on the BSF Web site does not mention lunch. Will this be available Saturday and\or Sunday? I assume it will be the usual drill.

Thanks

Comment

• Hi there, I could be wrong but the pdga website states 11w to be a starting hole but the map says 10w. Not that they are too far from each other but just for clarification does anyone know which is the true starting hole?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X