Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like common sense.
    Is that allowed?

Comment

Another helpful suggestion is evaluation form/forum. This would be very helpful in addressing more concerns in an reflective, organized and timely manner.
      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
        While I'm in favor of a group of people trying to bring back the Oregon Series, and don't think any group of organizers, no matter how experienced, can expect to simply pick up where the Bellingers et al, left off.

But if they'd like to try then I'd suggest they spell out their vision in a written proposal that lays out the exact agreement (financial and otherwise) the new ORS would have with local clubs. After all, there's a lot of money at stake and these terms should be in writing.

The clubs, in turn, need a chance to insure that everything in the proposal advances the mission of that club before committing to anything.

On the other hand, . . . if the vision of the new ORS is to come in and run the entire series without any club involvement, then do that and let 'er rip.

I too would LOVE for someone or some club to come forward with some sort of proposal to RUN this Series of events.

I'd love to do it all myself BUT I dont have the resources to do so. If I had a Trailer full of Tables, Tents and all the other little things, this could continue on seamlessly, as was, with out issue.

BUT, sadly that is not the case. And with todays economy there are not too many people out there in the DiscGolf world who can afford that right now.

SO, for the sake of keeping it alive, I contacted "most" of the TD's (some are STILL not known) and talked to them about how WE can proceed, FOR NOW.

It would be that the individual TD's (Club's) would be responsible for doing their own merchandising (or finding a vendor to do so) AND that they were the ones putting on the "Show".

I spoke with Tom Embree, Mike Storrs, Ryan Lane & Jeff Mittl which covers the events thru June and beyond. Having those TD's on board, AT LEAST, allowed the Series to continue with minimal issues.

PLEASE...SOMEONE take on this "project"
        It WILL need all the clubs to work together to make it all happen far into the future. Its the way that the NorCal Series had to go(oh no NOT that) and it works.
        Overall this entire transition WILL be good for Oregon Disc Golf in the end.
        We have had to take a step backward with the loss of the "resourses" that the Bellinger's & others provided; BUT if done properly the Clubs, TD's & the entire state will benefit & be better for it.

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jim J
          While I'm in favor of a group of people trying to bring back the Oregon Series, and don't think any group of organizers, no matter how experienced, can expect to simply pick up where the Bellingers et al, left off.

But if they'd like to try then I'd suggest they spell out their vision in a written proposal that lays out the exact agreement (financial and otherwise) the new ORS would have with local clubs. After all, there's a lot of money at stake and these terms should be in writing.

The clubs, in turn, need a chance to insure that everything in the proposal advances the mission of that club before committing to anything.

On the other hand, . . . if the vision of the new ORS is to come in and run the entire series without any club involvement, then do that and let 'er rip.

I too would LOVE for someone or some club to come forward with some sort of proposal to RUN this Series of events.

I'd love to do it all myself BUT I dont have the resources to do so. If I had a Trailer full of Tables, Tents and all the other little things, this could continue on seamlessly, as was, with out issue.

BUT, sadly that is not the case. And with todays economy there are not too many people out there in the DiscGolf world who can afford that right now.

SO, for the sake of keeping it alive, I contacted "most" of the TD's (some are STILL not known) and talked to them about how WE can proceed, FOR NOW.

It would be that the individual TD's (Club's) would be responsible for doing their own merchandising (or finding a vendor to do so) AND that they were the ones putting on the "Show".

I spoke with Tom Embree, Mike Storrs, Ryan Lane & Jeff Mittl which covers the events thru June and beyond. Having those TD's on board, AT LEAST, allowed the Series to continue with minimal issues.

PLEASE...SOMEONE take on this "project"
          It WILL need all the clubs to work together to make it all happen far into the future. Its the way that the NorCal Series had to go(oh no NOT that) and it works.
          Overall this entire transition WILL be good for Oregon Disc Golf in the end.
          We have had to take a step backward with the loss of the "resourses" that the Bellinger's & others provided; BUT if done properly the Clubs, TD's & the entire state will benefit & be better for it.
          Good points all! As I see it:

Each club involved needs to select a representative member (or 2) to oversee the series. THEY would respond back to the club with what is happening.

Each club has an event or two that they are responsible for and as such are putting their club on the line for ensuring that the events are a success finacially.

Each club selects TD's for their events. The TD's are responsible to the club for decisions made and ensuring the success of the event. The CLUB, not the TD's are the ones that are putting their reputation and finances at risk.

The clubs, not having the experience of the previous ORS staff will need to evaluate the series in 2009 and find what does and what doesn't work, then through their representatives work to make improvements. We know there are issues that exist currently and could be made better but for NOW we need to proceed as the series left off.

NO changes this year, evaluate at the end of season and make improvements over the winter for 2010.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
            Good points all! As I see it:

Each club involved needs to select a representative member (or 2) to oversee the series. THEY would respond back to the club with what is happening.

Each club has an event or two that they are responsible for and as such are putting their club on the line for ensuring that the events are a success finacially.

Each club selects TD's for their events. The TD's are responsible to the club for decisions made and ensuring the success of the event. The CLUB, not the TD's are the ones that are putting their reputation and finances at risk.

The clubs, not having the experience of the previous ORS staff will need to evaluate the series in 2009 and find what does and what doesn't work, then through their representatives work to make improvements. We know there are issues that exist currently and could be made better but for NOW we need to proceed as the series left off.

NO changes this year, evaluate at the end of season and make improvements over the winter for 2010.

Bob
            Bob, Im liking you alot more now..

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              Bob, Im liking you alot more now..

Careful now......I AM married!

Bob

Comment

The EDGC meets this Wednesday and we can make a motion to appoint an ORS point person to work with the other clubs and come up with basic agreements to ensure a consistent series.

"No changes" is a goal, but there are issues such as the ORS per player fee which need to be examined.

I agree with Mag, this 'challenge' will make DG in Oregon better in the long run since it will force more people to step up, contribute, and develop the skills needed to run these kinds of events.

The rest of us will need to learn some patience and not electronically beat up these volunteers when they don't live up to our standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                  The EDGC meets this Wednesday and we can make a motion to appoint an ORS point person to work with the other clubs and come up with basic agreements to ensure a consistent series.

"No changes" is a goal, but there are issues such as the ORS per player fee which need to be examined.

I agree with Mag, this 'challenge' will make DG in Oregon better in the long run since it will force more people to step up, contribute, and develop the skills needed to run these kinds of events.

The rest of us will need to learn some patience and not electronically beat up these volunteers when they don't live up to our standards.

well, Ive proposed a $2 fee..some have questioned if that is enough.

I think it should be enough (for now) and along with the PDGA $3 fee for a B tier it makes a nice round $5 in fees.

We MAY NOT be able to give out the total number/quality of awards that the players are used to. That remains to be seen.
                  It is NOT going to be the same as it has been, but it sure could be as good if not better...depending on the commitment from each club.

Comment

I really like the idea of a club representative and a td from each club running a tourney to create a board of sorts to manage the communication, series organization, and end of year series awards. I agree with Mags that, based on the $3 or whatever that series staff took out of the $5 fees last year, we should be able to conduct a good series with decent awards and payouts with a $2 or $3 series charge. I would think the "series board" could designate all the positions (Chair, sec., treas., etc.) of a regular board to disperse the burden and contribute to clarity, transparency and good will. Those board members could meet at each of the series events (and probably once before GNO) and communicate via email in the interim if necessary. The board members could also act as series liaisons to the tournament-running clubs. I think this is a really great way to promote cooperation between clubs and to ensure that the series is run efficiently. I would imagine that each club would likely appoint the tourney TD and would maybe vote on a second appointment; for the record, I would be happy to be involved with this.

sarah

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                      I really like the idea of a club representative and a td from each club running a tourney to create a board of sorts to manage the communication, series organization, and end of year series awards. I agree with Mags that, based on the $3 or whatever that series staff took out of the $5 fees last year, we should be able to conduct a good series with decent awards and payouts with a $2 or $3 series charge. I would think the "series board" could designate all the positions (Chair, sec., treas., etc.) of a regular board to disperse the burden and contribute to clarity, transparency and good will. Those board members could meet at each of the series events (and probably once before GNO) and communicate via email in the interim if necessary. The board members could also act as series liaisons to the tournament-running clubs. I think this is a really great way to promote cooperation between clubs and to ensure that the series is run efficiently. I would imagine that each club would likely appoint the tourney TD and would maybe vote on a second appointment; for the record, I would be happy to be involved with this.

sarah

Oh Yea, I am REALLY liking the way this thread has turned.....

MORE people should listen to Sarah

Comment

I invite everyone interested to check out the plans for a Northwest Disc Golf Alliance. Our mission is going to be very simple. Bringing together people from all over to lean on eachother for support. More information is available on our discussion thread. Thanks.
                        Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

BUTT BUTT BUTT I got nothin else bad to say but BUTT BUTT BUTT
                          rewindb.com

Comment