X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dub Debrie Dubs! March 2nd @ Hornings Hideout - BYOP

March 2nd! Hornings Hideout! BYOP Dubs! Fundraiser! $20 per person. Includes: Disc, Lunch, Sweet Raffle prizes, and 2 Tournament rounds!

Players pack includes your choice of 1 of the following: Metal Flake Leopard, Metal Flake Teebird, Glow Eagle X, Champion Classic Roc, Metal Flake Mamba or Champion Tern. Discs will be available for purchase after all teams have received their players packs.

Awesome Trophies!

Raffle highlights:
    Private (Ball)Golf lesson with PGA Pro Derek Johnson
    Group (Ball)Golf Clinic with PGA Pro Derek Johnson
    1 day getaway at Rockaway Beach
    Innova Discatcher Sport Basket
    Prints by Kerry Herried, David Lozeau and Keith Tucker
    $50 Portland Music gift card
    Hoody's from Glide Disc Golf
    Plastic and toys from Rainy Day Games
    And much more!

Sign in 9am! Pre register @ http://www.dubdebriedubs.com
    Day of registration OK! As long as the discs last!
    sigpic
    http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

if playing do you still need to pay for parking at HH for the day?
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

HH Parking is not included in the fees.
      Sometimes you just gotta say 'Huck It'!

Comment

This is scheduled right on top of my fundraiser BYOP doubles at Milo McIver...why....WHY?!?!??!
        Innova Champion Discs
        Discmania
        huk lab
        Keen Footwear
        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
        Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
        Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
          This is scheduled right on top of my fundraiser BYOP doubles at Milo McIver...why....WHY?!?!??!
          Hate to break the news to you Nate... but Michelle has been working on this for a LONG time. Her registration opened up on January 13th. Long before anyone knew anything about the Milo event.

While I will be playing Milo, I am certain Michelle will put on a kick-ass event.

Jeff
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Oh ok, I don't recall seeing anything on the almighty Treelove calendar. You can go make a post on my thread asking why I scheduled over top of you now if you would like. Good luck with the event!
            Innova Champion Discs
            Discmania
            huk lab
            Keen Footwear
            Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
            Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
            Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Oh ok, I don't recall seeing anything on the almighty Treelove calendar. You can go make a post on my thread asking why I scheduled over top of you now if you would like. Good luck with the event!
              Well, I know you're just helping out those crazy collegiate dudes, and they set their own schedule... so I'd say there is no fault here... just a little unfortunate timing.

See you at Milo!
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

In defense of Nate, he did post information on the forum first. I usually base my plans on this information. I am sure BOTH events will be fun and successful.

Comment

So... The day I was going to post this event on NWDGN, I noticed the Brawl II had just been posted. So I waited a while... Even though we felt the same way, "why....WHY?!?!??!"
                  But im sure both events will be great! And both for great causes!
                  sigpic
                  http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

There are so many different social sites now that disc golfers use, and not all of them are on each and every one of them. Like it has been said before nobody is at fault, and I think there are plenty of us out there to support both events that are for great causes.

Cindy
                    Last edited by LegoRules; February 12th, 2013, 04:05 PM.
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

... and it's not like we don't have enough golfers to fill both events... go oregon!!! go fundraisers!!! gogogo!!!
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                        ... and I think there are plenty of us out there to support both events that are for great causes.
                        Is the Dub Debrie event supporting a cause? Please enlighten us.

Comment

It definitely is. This annual event will benefit a different family every year affected by the AIDS virus. It will be run as an adopt a family style benefit. Cascade AIDS Project has already offered to post flyers for families to apply for next year and I plan to work with Our House of Portland in addition. This years beneficiaries are Dub and Anne DeBrie - Dub being the namesake. He has lived with HIV/AIDS for over 20 years. His fight against this disease and his wives approach to it have helped inspire others in the community to face their own illnesses with bravery. For next year if no family is found (AIDS families can sometimes be very private), the money will go to local area AIDS/HIV Foundations. There is more information available on the website.

www.dubdebriedubs.com
                          Sometimes you just gotta say 'Huck It'!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                            Is the Dub Debrie event supporting a cause? Please enlighten us.
                            Yes check out the flyer on the first post. It is a fundraiser for aids.

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Don't have a partner, do you anticipate other singles to pair up with?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X