7th April Fools Doubles! Pros Sat. March 23rd Ams Sun. March 24th Adair DGC Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th April Fools Doubles! Pros Sat. March 23rd Ams Sun. March 24th Adair DGC

I can't believe it is already the 7th AFD but we are back again this time with a 24 hole layout and all the tricks and treats you could ever want!

AFD VII is a bring your own partner doubles event. Round 1 features tough shot and alternate shot formats. This year we will be playing 10 tough shot holes (in two seperate groups of 5) and 14 alternate shot holes. The hope is this will improve speed of play which has always been tricky mixing these two fun formats. Round 2 will be 24 holes of blissful best shot!

As usual there will be many special rules including the now infamous doughnut putting circles, the dreaded LINE OF DEATH, warp zones, mini baskets, island holes, hanging baskets, the forbidden tree, along with some new secrets!

We split the pros and ams again opposite the Whistlers SOWS event so road warriors can still play both!

Lunch will be provided and is included with entry. We will probably have COSTCO pizza again along with drinks and hopefully a keg of Calapooia. Amateur teams will recieve a disc each as a players pack.

Registration will be up shortly on www.4discgolf.com so get your partners figured out and reserve your spot. The am side has filled every year and we can only allow 48 teams!

Entry Fees:

Open: $80
    Masters: $70
    Adv/Adv Masters/Adv Women: $60
    Mixed (M/F): $50
    Intermediate: $50
    Recreational: $40

Hope to see everyone back this year under sunny skies!

Nate Sexton and Dion Arlyn (Co-TDs)
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Hey Nate,
    I have a couple questions for you. First, I was trying to sign up on 4discgolf and there was NOT an option for mixed. Second, in years past you offered discounts to teams for the pro day that also played the Am day, and I was wondering if you were going to make that same offer this year? This is by far my favorite event of the year. Looking forward to it again!

Thank you
    David Zimmerman

Comment

I will check on the mixed situation, should be fixed up online soon. We will again offer half price for the pro day to teams that pre register for both days.

To get the discount you have to be:

1. Eligible to play Am
      2. Playing with the same partner both days

This year with the pro day being first we will need pre registration for both days and then we will give you a refund of half at check in Sunday morning!
      Innova Champion Discs
      Discmania
      huk lab
      Keen Footwear
      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
        I will check on the mixed situation, should be fixed up online soon. We will again offer half price for the pro day to teams that pre register for both days.

To get the discount you have to be:

1. Eligible to play Am
        2. Playing with the same partner both days

This year with the pro day being first we will need pre registration for both days and then we will give you a refund of half at check in Sunday morning!
        Thanks Nate!
        Just an FYI, still no option to sign up a mixed doubles team on the Am day, only on the Pro day.

Comment

AFD 7!

Discraft will be sending the following discs as potential player pack items and general prize redemption:

Glo Z Buzzz
          X Buzzz (Just for you Pinkal)
          Soft X Challenger
          Cryztal Z Challenger
          Glo Z Nuke
          Cryztal Z Nuke
          ESP Meteor

With the stamp pictured above! I don't know about you guys, but I still have my Meteor from last year and it has quickly become one of my favorite discs! Which disc from last year is your favorite?

D
          Team DISCRAFT
          NW Sign Up
          Gorilla Boy
          Paragon Disc Golf
          Odwalla

Comment

As an added bonus for a winning team this year I will be adding in two tournament style Discraft bags. I haven't decided how to pick the division that will win, any thoughts? Other possible categories to win the bags: Sportsmanship award, most spirited team, most AFD penalties, hehe...
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Total penalties + single highest score of one hole. 14 penalties + an 11 on one hole, 25 points!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                Total penalties + single highest score of one hole. 14 penalties + an 11 on one hole, 25 points!
                I like it, that is the leading candidate so far
                Team DISCRAFT
                NW Sign Up
                Gorilla Boy
                Paragon Disc Golf
                Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by TheDMZ View Post
                  Thanks Nate!
                  Just an FYI, still no option to sign up a mixed doubles team on the Am day, only on the Pro day.
                  I'm looking to sign up for mixed too. Are you referring to it saying "sold out"? With 47 remaining, I doubt it is sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                    I like it, that is the leading candidate so far
                    I say if I get an ace for the second year in a row then the bag should be mine....

Comment

Mixed should be ready to go, we are no where near sold out so do not worry.

I think the bags should go to the team with the highest:

(Total penalties) - (Highest single hole score)=Bag points

Those guys/gals are scrappers!!
                      Innova Champion Discs
                      Discmania
                      huk lab
                      Keen Footwear
                      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags

Comment

Nate,
                        Count Shane and I in for a team, I dont know if he called you yet or not but we are in, for whatever division you'll let us play in.

Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                          Mixed should be ready to go
                          Thanks Nate. We're in and excited for our first tournament together.

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                            I might be the only one, but the stamp image isn't showing for me.

Comment

Great times

I'm signed up for both days.
                              It will be fun to watch and play with the Open players for 1/2 price

Any advice where to stay while down there? We will be heading down Friday night

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X