Clear All

• 2013 Toss For The Cross- March 16th- Timber park

What: Toss For The Cross

When: March 16th
    8;30-10am sign ups, 10:30 start

Where: Timber Park- Estacada

Cost: $25 All Division-
    Division's- Pro, Adv Am, Int Am, Rec & one more to be created based
    on need ie; woman's/old men/kids, whichever makes more sense.
    Bottom Line- 5 total Divisions, as that is what we have some sweet
    trophies for.

Detail's/Backround: The idea behind this tourney started with my fiance. Her hometown in Jersey was devistated by hurricane Sandy, and she wanted to do something to help the many unfortunate souls who's lives have beeen turned upside down from the devastation. We looked into many charity's and organizations that we could run a fundraiser for and decided apon the Red Cross's New York Chapter, as they have done some great work providing assistance for a wide variety of people in that region. So it comes to this. With the help of my girl, my good buddys Skelly, Ty Baker and the RSF, Del, Stagg, and other's we are happy to anounce this tourney and put it out there for anyone to come and help us contribute to a good cause. What can you expect for your money you say? A great time for one. The satisfaction in knowing your donation of time and money is going to someone in need. And if that's not enough, there's more. With every paid entry will be providing a lunch, more info to come on that. Ctp's. A raffle with lots of cool swag. A long drive contest. Seperate ctp's to be thrown at for $1 a throw. Some Great trophies to the Winners of each division. And $10 of every entry will go back into the prize pool in each division, except rec(discs to be given out), for cash payout's.

We already have several sponsers on board, but are always interested in more. If you have any inclination to do so, please feel free to contact either myself via this thread/facebook/a PM, Tim Skellenger, or Ty Baker. We are currently in the process of looking high and low for anyone and anything that will make this event bigger and better. And if I know my friend's in the golf community, this event will no doubt end up being better than I could have ever expected going into this, so come out and have fun and help us out in this if you can.

For catering purposes mostly, we are asking that you pre reg if at all possible, but know that it is not required, just recommended as we are getting a lot of good feedback the last few weeks as things are coming together. There are a couple of ways to do so.

1.) You can do so in person, with Tim, Ty, or Myself.

2.) You can do so at our Pre-Cross toss in Feb at Rockwood/Vance park.

3. You can go to the Rockwood Sports Foundation and make a $25 donation, print a dated receipt, and contact us to confirm this. The great thing about that is it is a tax right off, for those interested.

Once again, thanks to all who are helping us to make this possible, and to those who have already stepped up to help sponser this event. I will be posting updates to this thread as we go. Pictures of the KILLER trophy package for each division and lunch menu options to come.

Thanks- Jerimie Lankins
    DiscGolf- The ONLY time to enjoy being negative(-)

Trophy Packs by New Jersey Artist and Disc Golfer Shawn Selders

*All 1st place division trophy packs will differ in artwork but include same set of...
    (1) 11"x17" Print
    (1) Mini Disc
    (1) Two-sided Scorecard
    (1) Sticker

Other items may be added as well....
    Last edited by DeL; January 23rd, 2013, 01:11 AM. Reason: Attachment trouble
    Par is irrelevant... ;-)

Comment

That art work is sick gonna be a great event!!!!

Comment

So, the time draws nearer and I have been busy juggling work, the pre-toss for the cross, and have had multiple people pass away in the family this last month, so my apologies for delays in updating this thread.
        With that said, we are gaining ground with sponsors and growing our list of entrants for this fundraiser. If you or anyone you know would like to sign up ahead of time I will be taking entries via phone, email, and in person at the next two Rockwood Winter Series events(Feb 22nd & Mar 8th).
        My phone# is 503-481-1711, leave a message and I will return your call by the following evening.
        My email is - jerimielankins@gmail.com
        I will also be posting directions tomorrow evening for a way to sign up through the Rockwood Sports Foundation's web site, which means your entry/donation will be tax deductable, if interested.
        I will also be posting the menu selections for lunch so that people can get an idea of what will be available to them via our catered food sponsor.
        In the next posting you will find a current list of sponsors/donator's to our event. These entities have donated merchandise, $, and or time to oour event, and in many instances a combination thereof.
        Thanks to all who have chosen to participate in this event, and to those who are looking to do so. Everything adds up, and this is already adding up to be a whopper of an event. Thanks again.

Jerimie Lankins

Comment

A current list of people/organizations that have provided valuable pieces to this event. In no particular order.

Thanks to:

Tim skellenger
          Phillip Kurtz
          Born2BeFly
          KEEN
          Nate Kabza
          Ty Baker
          Papa Johns
          Innova
          Chris DeLyria
          ZuGlass
          Aarron Stagg
          Cheryl's food cart
          Justin Hager
          Disc Golf Depot
          Acer Binky
          Legend Disc's
          Park Place Cafe
          McNary Golf Club

This is a list in progress and will be updated as more individual's come forward to daonate.We are asking inparticular for hole sponsors @ $25 per hole, and have 5 holes covered at this time. If you or anyone you know would be interested, please contact me. My contact info is in the thread above.
          Tomorrow I will be posting the menu for the event as well as instructions as to how to make a tax deductable donation through the Rockwood Sports Foundation.
          I will also try and post a listing of the CTP's that will be givin away during play as well as the Special CTP's for after the round, the putting contest prize, and some of the cool stuff we have in store for the Raffle.
          As it sit's there are already 2 basket's, KEEN shoes and bag's, and a slew of other good's that will be Raffled or played for.
          Thank's again to everyone- Jerimie Lankins

Comment

Ok, peeps. Here are the sandwich/drink choices that will be available to you with your paid entry into the tourney. There will be Gluten free options available as well for those interested. If you are coming and happen to want to get something else that may be gluten free, please email me or post it here so I can see about accommodating you. All others are subject to the following option's.

Cheese selections-Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone
            Garnish selections-Lettuce, tomatoe, sweet onion, cucumber, bl olive, pickle
            Sandwiches:
            The Roller- Ham w/ choice of cheese & garnish
            The Birdie- Turkey w/ choice of cheese & garnish
            The Ace- Roast Beef w/ choice of cheese & garnish
            The Mando- Turkey, Roast Beef & Ham w/ choice of cheese & garnish
            The Tomahawk- Turkey, Ham & Bacon w/ choice of cheese & garnish
            The Hyzer Bomb- Ham, Turkey & Roast Beef w/ 3 cheeses & garnish
            The Anny- All cheeses & garnish
            The Bogey- BLT

Drinks:
            Mocha Frappe- Juice's in Mango,Apricot,Peach or Guava- Water- Iced Green Tea- Cola,diet,diet w/lime

There will also be other item's available for an additional charge-
            I will post a list of these items as we draw nearer the tournament, as that list is subject to change until just before the tourney anyhow.

Jerimie Lankins

Comment

So as not to give away too much in the way of CTP's and such, I will say....
              There will be CTP's for every division during play, here is a list of what we have planned to give away in type of plastic only, you'll have to show up to see the mold style in each.

Pro's: 3 - 2 Star
              1 Champion
              Adv: 3 - 1 Star
              1 Champion
              1 Blizzard
              Int: 3 - 1 Pro
              1 Z
              1 KC
              X Div: 3 - 3 R-Pro
              Rec's: 6 - 1 KC
              2 Dx
              2 Pro D
              1 Ching

For All Div: 2 - $25

For Long Drive CTP Hole: Pro - Star
              Adv - Champion
              Int - R-Pro
              X - R-Pro
              Rec - X

We will also be holding a putting contest - $50 to Disc Golf Depot to the winner
              And 2 Special CTP's - One will be for a portable DGA basket, the other will have 5 Choice disc's ( Glow drivers and such )
              Both the putting contest and the special CTP's will be for $1 a throw, unlimited chances.

Thanks again in advance to all who come out and support!
              Jerimie Lankins

Comment

Oh....and a sweet Raffle with lotsa disc's...another basket....KEEN shoes & duffle bag's...and more!! So come on out everyone!!! See you there!!!

Comment

Now, for those interested in making a tax deductable donation to our tourney, or pre paying ( also tax deductable ) their entry, here are the directions.

1.) Go to the Rockwood Sports Foundation web site via rdgf.org
                  2.) Click on Donations
                  3.) make your donation/entry via paypal
                  4.) take down your confirmation #
                  5.) go back to main page and click - contact us
                  6.) contact Ty Baker via email - tybaker@rdgf.org - or phone, 503-708-2826
                  & give him your confirm #, name, division, and/or any other designation
                  for the deposited funds.

Your name will be added to the player list and if donating more than $25 you will get a hole sponsored in your name. If this is the case, please denote this in your email or phone message, and leave all pertanent info you wish to have on tee sign. Thank you

Jerimie Lankins

Comment

So I just got back from purchasing a few things for the tourney...Like 40+ discs for the raffle!To go with the dozen or so I have from donator's already!! So come and get em people!!

Comment

Oh ya, and thats not including the 20+ discs for on course CTP's

Comment

Originally posted by lankdogg View Post
                        Now, for those interested in making a tax deductable donation to our tourney, or pre paying ( also tax deductable ) their entry, here are the directions.

1.) Go to the Rockwood Sports Foundation web site via rdgf.org
                        2.) Click on Donations
                        3.) make your donation/entry via paypal
                        4.) take down your confirmation #
                        5.) go back to main page and click - contact us
                        6.) contact Ty Baker via email - tybaker@rdgf.org - or phone, 503-708-2826
                        & give him your confirm #, name, division, and/or any other designation
                        for the deposited funds.

Your name will be added to the player list and if donating more than $25 you will get a hole sponsored in your name. If this is the case, please denote this in your email or phone message, and leave all pertanent info you wish to have on tee sign. Thank you

Jerimie Lankins
                        Signed up, thanks! see you next saturday
                        "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Originally posted by pdxdiscer View Post
                          Signed up, thanks! see you next saturday
                          No, Thank you Greg! Really glad you can make it! Its gonna be a great time. Thanks again for making the time to come out and support this. See ya there!
                          Lankdogg

Comment

A lot of good people working hard for other people. Nice!
                            Looking forward to seeing a lot of you "good People" out there.
                            Bring your extra dallors and add to the pot.

Remember, you can simple throw some money into the cause, just for grins.

Support, represent, what ever, help out and enjoy the day throwing plastic.

Peace, Phillip

Comment

Timber looked to be [almost] all in the short positions on Wednesday.
                              is it staying that way for Saturday?
                              keeping the FUN in FUNdraiser
                              "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X