Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline DGC in Cathlamet, WA (all 18 holes in now)

So, this weekend, my beloved and I rolled out to the new disc golf course at Skyline Golf Course in Cathlamet, WA. I had thrown there when there were only three holes, but now they have the full 18 in. The views from the course are amazing. Looking up the Columbia River from the top of the course was pretty cool. Also, the course is much larger than it looks from the bottom of the hill. Once you get to the top of the hill, the course goes further back, and to the east.

The baskets: The baskets are homemade. Some metal, some tire baskets on wood posts, and a few baskets hanging from trees. All seem to catch fairly well, though the baskets hanging from trees were swaying in the breeze a little.

The tees: Natural grass tees. However, as this is a golf course, they are all in well manicured areas of the course.

The course: Sweet Zombie Jesus. The first six holes on this course go up. And for a guy of my size, that's a lot of up. Elevation change is the name of the game here. Up and down through 18 holes. None overly challenging, though most manage to incorporate the unique topography of the land very well. The holes have a nice flow to them, and there didn't seem to be any lengthy walk-outs. That being said, none of the tees are marked with numbers, and only a few of the baskets are marked. This can make it somewhat confusing, though Amy and I were able to figure it out, and play all 18 holes.

The cost: I am not 100% sure what the cost was to be per round. I do know that its more expensive than Hornings, but I know we weren't charged full fee, either.

Overall: The elevation changes and views from the course alone make this place worth checking out. The clubhouse is pretty cool, too. The owners and staff were all friendly, and you can hit from the driving range, or play a round of ball golf while you're there, too.

(Sam, I know this probably isn't where this should have gone as far as the topic is concerned, but I couldn't seem to find a better place for now. I am guessing this can be moved later?)
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Originally posted by zippyboy
    The cost: I am not 100% sure what the cost was to be per round. I do know that its more expensive than Hornings, but I know we weren't charged full fee, either.
    Apparently it's now $5 for 9 holes, $8 for 18 holes, or $12 for "all you can play."

(Sam, I know this probably isn't where this should have gone as far as the topic is concerned, but I couldn't seem to find a better place for now. I am guessing this can be moved later?)
    I moved it to "New Courses." If/when we create a new section for Skyline, we'll move it to there...
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

seems a bit pricey to me. I could almost play 3 days at Hornings for the price of 18 holes at skyline. Shoot, even an all day pass at state parks in Oregon is only 5 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
        seems a bit pricey to me. I could almost play 3 days at Hornings for the price of 18 holes at skyline. Shoot, even an all day pass at state parks in Oregon is only 5 bucks.
        Have you played this course yet? Don't judge it until you try it.

Comment

Yeah, after playing it last year, Skyline is the preferred stop on our way to/from the Mud. It used to be Trojan, but eh, Trojan got old. Trojan is certainly more of a tournament caliber course, but Skyline is more fun in my book.
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Actually 3 days at Horning's is only $3 and 18 holes at Skyline is more than $10.

That being said I agree with Tim this is a fun place to play.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              Apparently it's now $5 for 9 holes, $8 for 18 holes, or $12 for "all you can play."
              FYI, when we played Skyline on Sunday May 9th, it was $8 to play all day and $10/round for a cart.
              Regarding Horning's, it's $3/person/day, so three days would run $9.
              Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; May 24th, 2010, 02:46 PM. Reason: More info.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                Actually 3 days at Horning's is only $3 and 18 holes at Skyline is more than $10.

That being said I agree with Tim this is a fun place to play.
                I'm so dumb sometimes! I was thinking $1 per course... Where's my 5 hour energy? I'm getting that "2:30" feeling again.
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Have you played this course yet? Don't judge it until you try it.
                  Scott, I wasn't judging! Chill dude I simply stated my opinion on the price to play. Iam going to play the course in 2 weeks and I'll be sure to judge it then. Stay tuned.

Comment

Scott, I wasn't judging! Chill dude I simply stated my opinion on the price to play. Iam going to play the course in 2 weeks and I'll be sure to judge it then. Stay tuned.
                    OK, totally worth it! We had a blast! 8 bucks for all day and 10 bucks for a cart. We will definatly be back soon. We played 2 rounds at skyline and 1 at the mud.:

Comment

I've been hearing reports that Skyline DG is closed and the course has possibly been sold. Anyone know more?
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

You'd be able to find out easier than any of us, Bob.

Their Web site is down.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X