X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernburner 2009

Coming err....in about 5 days. Sorry on the late thread start, Sara and I have been moving into our new house and have been super busy.

Format is 2 rounds of 21 with no (old) hole 18 this year so the action should flow from 21 (old 17) to hole 1 with no walk back up from 18. We did this to save a few leg pains that will probably be there anyway after 2 rounds at Mud. I know (old) 18 was a favorite of many but it just works better this way.

Doubles Friday night 5 or 6ish and we'll play the alt holes. Sara's sister Ginger is whipping up some pasta Friday night for those who don't bring there own food (no golden arches around the corner) for $6 per. If you could let us know early it would help.

This year we glow the woods!!!!!!!!!!The glow course will be hole 10-13, 15-20(old 16) so it makes a big loop. Bob also constructed a fireplace in the woods near old 15. Bring pocket flashlights if you plan on glowing to save those ankles!

Bring lots of water!!!!!!! It's gonna be hot and if anyone remembers last year, the heat can be oppressive.

There will be beer(Fort George, Manny's and TBD) but bring your own just in case. I sprained my ankle pretty bad over the weekend and it looks like I won't play this year which means I will be dangerously close to the beer all day(yum!) Lunch will be roughly the same as the past few and dinner will be slightly different but hopefully good as always.

For those who would like to play this tourney and wonder about an invite, this will be the Fernburners last year as an invitational. Next year it will be open on a first come, first serve basis as it's just too much work chasing down entries from everyone. Thank you to those who paid early, it sure makes life easier on us (err...Sara)

Hope to see you all this weekend!
    Adam

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
    Coming err....in about 5 days. Sorry on the late thread start, Sara and I have been moving into our new house and have been super busy.

Format is 2 rounds of 21 with no (old) hole 18 this year so the action should flow from 21 (old 17) to hole 1 with no walk back up from 18. We did this to save a few leg pains that will probably be there anyway after 2 rounds at Mud. I know (old) 18 was a favorite of many but it just works better this way.

Doubles Friday night 5 or 6ish and we'll play the alt holes. Sara's sister Ginger is whipping up some pasta Friday night for those who don't bring there own food (no golden arches around the corner) for $6 per. If you could let us know early it would help.

This year we glow the woods!!!!!!!!!!The glow course will be hole 10-13, 15-20(old 16) so it makes a big loop. Bob also constructed a fireplace in the woods near old 15. Bring pocket flashlights if you plan on glowing to save those ankles!

Bring lots of water!!!!!!! It's gonna be hot and if anyone remembers last year, the heat can be oppressive.

There will be beer(Fort George, Manny's and TBD) but bring your own just in case. I sprained my ankle pretty bad over the weekend and it looks like I won't play this year which means I will be dangerously close to the beer all day(yum!) Lunch will be roughly the same as the past few and dinner will be slightly different but hopefully good as always.

For those who would like to play this tourney and wonder about an invite, this will be the Fernburners last year as an invitational. Next year it will be open on a first come, first serve basis as it's just too much work chasing down entries from everyone. Thank you to those who paid early, it sure makes life easier on us (err...Sara)

Hope to see you all this weekend!
    Adam
    Let's do this!
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

FernBurner rocks!
      Last edited by TreeLove; July 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM.
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I will be down for dinner on Friday night. I will also be running the doubles that evening - at least that was the plan as of a few weeks ago. No matter, it will happen one way or the other.

I will also have the Lucky Mud bag tags for sale during the weekend. They are only $10 each, with all of the money donated to the Mud. We only did a run of 50, so make sure you get yours. I will be running the tags for the tournament. See everyone Friday or Saturday!
        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Hah! I thought I was supposed to run doubles, but that was as of a couple months ago. Since you have the most recent edition of the plans though, by all means, take it away!
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Comment

I've had that number one tag for quite a while now! I don't expect to have it by Monday. I've only had to defend it three times, and have twice maintained it with a tie. I hope it goes away with someone who plays here often enough for me to see it now and again.

This place has been deserted on most Saturdays and Sundays this summer. Everyone has been at some event somewhere else every weekend. It's almost like "mow it and they won't come." I've used more diesel this year than ever before and seen fewer golfers. Granted, I've needed most of my time to deal with the storm damage of last December's snows and getting the wood bucked and split in a time frame that won't mean we're burning damp wood (like we were in the snow last year). I've played very little golf this year. Last year I played too much golf and didn't get to the firewood until August and September, which was too late.

By all means, if any of you campers can get here early, the camp sites need to be supplied with camp wood. The wood is here in quantity in the form of fallen limbs and just needs to be collected. I can help in moving it with the tractor. We could use a crew of tough brave guys (and/or gals) with good leather gloves to remove a stand of old growth devil's club from the left side of the new 14th fairway. If that were done, I believe that hole could be glowed up too. As it is, left tree bounces, even in daylight, can be hazardous to soft tissue. A few people could knock it out in an hour of careful work.

I think I got the hornet's nest killed off inside the greenhouse frame. If not, it will give greater meaning to the "OB." Adam and Sara have reduced the tall grass roughs with their weed-eaters, but they might have ideas for more weed-eating, artfully done.

Anyway, there's also a disc golf course here, if anyone finds a spare minute.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Jamie and I are so excited about this. This is going to be a VERY long week.

Tentative plan as of now: We're going to leave downtown Portland at 5pm and drive up 30 to Longview, cross the bridge and continue out towards the coast until we get to that lovely little burg known as Skamokawa. From there, it's north about 5 miles and then we'll set up our tent and grab a spot for Stern and crew. Doubt we will be there in time for doubles (unless there is some sort of time-shift on Hwy. 4) and don't know about glow on Friday night but we would totally be up for it on Saturday night. And let's not forget the pre-tear-down round on Sunday.

Let's do this NOW!
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I should be arriving around 7:30-8pm Friday. I will bring gloves in case there is enough light out to help out. If you need I can wake up bright and cheery like (read: hungover) and help in the wee hours of the morn too.

Comment

Just a reminder to NOT bring your dogs.

Seems like someone always does, though.

Comment

I'll leave my deerchaser at home, but can I bring my dye pans? I was considering whipping up a bunch of stencils so I can tat some discs on the side...
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Dude, that would be sweet! I have your Lucky Mud tag set aside for you, and #50 for your beloved.... See you this weekend!
                        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Jevon whispers to raccoons? Probably just gossip then.
                          I say to meet 'em the way they are and talk straight.

This one is giving me a copy of The Watchtower.

And I ain't the only Bob around here. Meet Mr. Robert Cat:

Comment

Back to bizniss:

Yesterday I cleared limbs to reopen the lefty route on #2. Nice sized hole there now. Also, I took some of the limbs that were choking off the dogleg approach to #10. That's been needed for some time. I certainly didn't make it easy, just not so impossible.

I don't know about your dyes, ChUcK. Maybe we should vote on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                              I don't know about your dyes, ChUcK. Maybe we should vote on it.
                              I give a yay vote IF there is a Broncos stencil in the mix. Preferably the old school D logo.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X