X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.B.?

On which holes at Leverich is OVER the path considered O.B.? I'd heard that this would the case with #6, but what about, say, #1, #3, and #10? (Obviously you have to cross the path on #3 to get to the hole, but what about the nearer part of the fairway?)
    Oregon disc golf map

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    On which holes at Leverich is OVER the path considered O.B.? I'd heard that this would the case with #6, but what about, say, #1, #3, and #10? (Obviously you have to cross the path on #3 to get to the hole, but what about the nearer part of the fairway?)
    I am in the processes of defining those rules and will have them outlined on the next version of the score cards. Here is the official ruling for now. Paths are out of bounds (duh). On holes 1 and 3 you are only OB if your disc lands and remains 100% on the path. Touching any part of the grass, dirt, etc means your disc is in. (This applies to all paths, roads, etc. in the park) On hole 6 anything north of the path (towards the creek, right side of path as you see the path from the tee is out of bounds. On hole 10 things get a little more difficult. Your disc is out of bounds if you are on or outside of the path that completely encircles the grass that contains the basket. That mans your throw has to cross the closest path (~50'), land to the right of the path that follows the tree line on the left, AND not land on or beyond the path that runs below the basket, between the grass and the creek. I've been long too many times to admit already.

Other clarifications: I screwed up on the sign for 8. No it is not a par 4, 176' hole. New sign coming soon. Also, watch for a mando sign on 9 to be placed in front of the tree that is farthest left right before the fairway drops. Until then, play it as if there is no mando.

Other questions or thoughts?

Comment

#10 makes perfect sense, I think it's just hard to describe via typing.

So the left side of the path on #1 is NOT out of bounds then?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        #10 makes perfect sense, I think it's just hard to describe via typing.

So the left side of the path on #1 is NOT out of bounds then?
        Correct, Not OB on 1.

Comment

What about OB on hole 9?

I didn't get enough on my Anni RHBH shot and it flared out left and landed ACROSS the creek on the steep bank. Is across the creek on 9 going to be OB?
          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
            I didn't get enough on my Anni RHBH shot and it flared out left and landed ACROSS the creek on the steep bank. Is across the creek on 9 going to be OB?
            We played it OB on Saturday.

Comment

I would think so.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                We played it OB on Saturday.
                I threw a provisional drive in case we couldn't find my disc but it was easily spotted from across the creek. But I would rate the danger of getting to and throwing from that lie as too high for casual OR tournament play. It should probably be OB.
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X