X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole two suggestion

I played Leverich for the first time on Sunday and after playing hole two, my buddy had a great idea of making the garden or woodchips just behind hole two out of bounds to make the hole a little harder or at least make you think a little more. Just thought I would share. I like the course by the way.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

I'll let the tourney players confirm or deny it, but I think that's how they play it in tournaments.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

From the two tournaments that I've played there, I'm pretty sure it's not out of bounds. The only thing OB on that hole is the water.
      Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

It was not OB for the CLASH.
        sigpic

Comment

Just agree beforehand with the group whats ob and whats not.
          I think it should be OB anyway.

Comment

UPDATE: Firefly Disc Golf held a mini-work party at Leverich last week and we created an island for hole #2. For Leverich After Dark we will be playing the hole with a "Stroke & Distance" penalty for any shot that does not land on the island, designated by the chipped area within the logs (and for the tournament and area painted behind and left of the basket).

I think league and casual players would enjoy adopting that rule for play on the hole. Having played it a couple times with S&D penalty in play it definitely makes you think about your shot a bit more since the penalty for a bad shot is significant. Previously a bad shot still had a good chance of finishing with a 3 on the hole. Now a bad tee shot means a probable 4 since your throwing 3 from the tee with your second shot. If you fail to land on the island on your second drive, now you are throwing 5 from the tee for a probable 6 on the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
              For Leverich After Dark we will be playing the hole with a "Stroke & Distance" penalty for any shot that does not land on the island, designated by the chipped area within the logs (and for the tournament and area painted behind and left of the basket).
              Somebody watched a little too much of the USDGC coverage.

Comment

I play it as is because hey, I could use a birdie every now and then to boost morale.
                Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Ordinarily I think that "throw and distance" rule is absurd, but on a 100-foot downhill hole I think it could work.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I played night tourney last saturday and that hole nbr 2 was awesome and I think it should stay that way.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X