X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Celebration!

Can you believe it has been a year already? I can honestly say that the popularity of this course has exceeded my expectations. I'm curious what everyone else thinks about the course now that it has been in place for a year now. We have almost $1,000 in the bank right now for improvements and/or future courses in the Vancouver area, and we have yet to send out requests for the 2010 sponsorship of tee signs (about another $500 easily).

Besides the obvious critique of the course, are there any positive suggestions that would make the course better through the winter and as it heads into its second year of service to the community?

P.S. If you haven't already seen there is a anniversary celebration on November 7 where we'll play some random doubles, have a BBQ and then a singles (Bag Tag) match in the afternoon.

The last two times I've been there, there were at least 6 cars in the lot that belonged to DGers, with a mix of OR and WA plates. And both times were on weekday afternoons. In October.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Popularity... It comes

Right now as of March, I'm seeing during the weekdays (no rain) 10am on the parking lot is holding between 6-10 cars for DGer's. as the day goes on the south parking lot is full with others parking on the ridge.

As we are entering the spring and summer months, course business is way beyond the business we saw at the end of the summer in '09.

complaints about the amount of space and lack of more holes at the park have been heard by myself and others regular DGer's. Suggestions have been made to add (2) new holes on the north side of the hole 10 tee. Others notions have been to split hole 10 between the A position and the B position, thus making two separate holes w/ the A & B baskets in and moving the 10B tee behind into and under the 9B tree canopy.

other ideas have been to split the 11 tee pad into the hole 6 pad and the 11 pad.

with the change of season and the positive influx of park usage, regular golfers are beginning to shy away as the lack of holes are fueling their gripes of the park being overcrowded and that extremely slow playtimes are ensuing.

I look forward to leverich's third season in business as vancouver's prime park. I hope we can find more ways to improve the park aside from what we have already done
      Last edited by Stephen.Sines; March 12th, 2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X