Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, I played Leverich for the first time since the concrete pads went in. I think most of them are fine... except #1, which is definitely too short. It would've been nice if the concrete from #2's pad had been used to lengthen #1's, since #2 barely even needs a pad.

By the way, what's the deal with hole 9.5? Will a tee pad be going in above the creek there?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      Today, I played Leverich for the first time since the concrete pads went in. I think most of them are fine... except #1, which is definitely too short. It would've been nice if the concrete from #2's pad had been used to lengthen #1's, since #2 barely even needs a pad.

By the way, what's the deal with hole 9.5? Will a tee pad be going in above the creek there?
      I definitely see your point about 1, I think once it is built up around it and with a level landing area then it will be much more functional for now it is a bit of a tight fit.
      Member of Stumptown DG #82
      Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        I was referring to this:
        I've tried this using bricks (which I happen to have) and it soon became dangerously slick.
        The Cobbled pad is actually 16" square pavers from Lowes. 3 wide by 6 long for a finished size of 4' by 8'. The cost was approximately $5 each so it ended up costing about the same amount. However, I went with this solution because this tee pad hasn't been approved permanently so it will definitely be easier to move later than if we had poured cement. In addition to the pavers there was two bags of sand, a bunch of gravel and 3 8' pressure treated 2x4s used for this tee pad.

We'll see how well they hold up through the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post

9B is a temporary hole for use during tournament play ONLY. Sometimes I forget to remove the basket after a tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
            The Cobbled pad is actually 16" square pavers from Lowes. 3 wide by 6 long for a finished size of 4' by 8'. The cost was approximately $5 each so it ended up costing about the same amount. However, I went with this solution because this tee pad hasn't been approved permanently so it will definitely be easier to move later than if we had poured cement. In addition to the pavers there was two bags of sand, a bunch of gravel and 3 8' pressure treated 2x4s used for this tee pad.

We'll see how well they hold up through the winter.
            Thanks for the info.

Yeah, extreme weather could have a real effect on something like that. How the footing now when they're wet?
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

tee pads

Just played the course for the first time today.

What a cool course , nice job!

The tee pads are fine and paver pads are holding up nicely.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X