X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for Leverich in the Vancouver Voice

A poorly-edited but well-intentioned letter to the editor in the Vancouver Voice:

Smart revival of Leaverich Park

By Chris Brown

I’d like to give super kudos to the Vancouver Parks and Rec Deptarment. for allowing a disc golf course to be built in Leaverich Park along the Discovery Trail. While not a enthusiast myself, the amount of traffic and people that are in the park now has made it a better and safer place. For the past three years or so that I have lived close to the park I’ve seen some ugly things in there. Hobo camps, illegal dumping, unsavory characters and drug and alcohol use not to mention the litter and garbage strewn about. I always thought the Discovery Trail was one of the truly great things about living in this neck of the woods and could greatly contribute to the quality of life here. For too long however the park has not belonged to it’s citizens at least the one’s who pay for it anyway. It’s been a place where not only I would not let my wife go alone, but I haven’t felt so safe there either.

Now however on any given day that’s dry out the park is full of packs of disc golf enthusiasts and families taking advantage of the park in a way that I haven’t seen before. I’ve also seen groups of volunteers planting and restoring Burnt Bridge creek to a clean and pristine state. The traffic that the park is seeing now has brightened the place, chased out the unsavory element and hobo camps and created a safe atmosphere for the people who should be enjoying it, the one’s who pay for it. This is the kind of community pride and activism that can make a place a great place to live. Thanks to everyone involved
    Oregon disc golf map

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    A poorly-edited but well-intentioned letter to the editor in the Vancouver Voice:

Smart revival of Leaverich Park

By Chris Brown

Iíd like to give super kudos to the Vancouver Parks and Rec Deptarment. for allowing a disc golf course to be built in Leaverich Park along the Discovery Trail. While not a enthusiast myself, the amount of traffic and people that are in the park now has made it a better and safer place. For the past three years or so that I have lived close to the park Iíve seen some ugly things in there. Hobo camps, illegal dumping, unsavory characters and drug and alcohol use not to mention the litter and garbage strewn about. I always thought the Discovery Trail was one of the truly great things about living in this neck of the woods and could greatly contribute to the quality of life here. For too long however the park has not belonged to itís citizens at least the oneís who pay for it anyway. Itís been a place where not only I would not let my wife go alone, but I havenít felt so safe there either.

Now however on any given day thatís dry out the park is full of packs of disc golf enthusiasts and families taking advantage of the park in a way that I havenít seen before. Iíve also seen groups of volunteers planting and restoring Burnt Bridge creek to a clean and pristine state. The traffic that the park is seeing now has brightened the place, chased out the unsavory element and hobo camps and created a safe atmosphere for the people who should be enjoying it, the oneís who pay for it. This is the kind of community pride and activism that can make a place a great place to live. Thanks to everyone involved
    Awesome! Make sure your friends in Clackamas see this.

Comment

Far out!
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Awesome! Make sure your friends in Clackamas see this.
        Yeah, I figured I'd print it out and bring it to the meeting.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Thanks Adam. You rock. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the Clackamas proposal.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X