Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wog
    started a topic Missing Basket

Missing Basket

Reward for stolen basket from Leverich Park! Discraft Chainstar with orange decal on the center post. Contact Vancouver/Clark Parks and Rec or VCDG.org with information.

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Yeah, did the Vancouver cops ever get in touch with the eBay "entrepreneurs"?

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    Is this story dead?

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Holy crap! Is that common?
    Only when the inbred offspring of generational tweakers drive up a county road with chainsaws.

I've never gone for growing the sport, locally. When the highest educational priorities are sports, military recruitment, and carrying on the traditions of logging and shooting anything that moves, I'd get to feeling I was being cased if the younger locals were playing through on the tenth hole. But, I've only been around here for thirty six years.

We all know there are a few DGing persons we'd prefer weren't on our favorite courses. These most likely aren't posting on these boards. This rural county has some pretty good people, but they don't vote in the majority. Many only know what they hear on talk radio. We are glad we are up a private road.

The big course management question usually isn't about problem people, usually, 98% are great. The sad thing about thieves is, it's not what they steal in terms of materials, it's what they take in terms of trust and piece of mind. I curse the young fools for their ignorance, though it's not completely their faults.

More money for arts and education, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    (meanwhile, two thieves were down on my land by the creek stealing three trees--fortunately, my neighbor caught them before they dropped any more trees).
    Holy crap! Is that common?

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    I started branding the baskets here today (meanwhile, two thieves were down on my land by the creek stealing three trees--fortunately, my neighbor caught them before they dropped any more trees).

Leave a comment:

• Wog
    replied
    Basket #8 was stolen last week, lock removed and anchor left in the ground. Sunday morning basket #6 was ripped from the ground, anchor and all and rolled down the hill into the creek.

Both are back as they should be, 6 is a little wiggly, but playable.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    So no basket was stolen?
    I was under the impression that this was a second basket that had been ripped out. With the first one -- the one that was probably sold on eBay -- I don't think they took the concrete out.

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    So no basket was stolen?

Leave a comment:

• Pizzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Wog View Post
    Pizzel, where do you want them moved to?

1 short, 10 short and 11 long?
    Yah!

Leave a comment:

• Wog
    replied
    Pizzel, where do you want them moved to?

1 short, 10 short and 11 long?

Leave a comment:

• Wog
    replied
    I was told yesterday that vandals pulled basket number 6 and threw it in the creek, cement anchor and all. Mike (forgot his last name) called to tell me he retrieved it and put it back in the ground, but it was pretty loose. I'm gonna move the basket to the other side (north) of the path and we can play 6 to there until we can get some volunteers to re-set the anchor with more cement.

Leave a comment:

• topdawgy58
    replied
    No they had a spare

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
    I played Leverich today and there were 12 baskets in the ground. Does that mean the stolen basket was returned? You had an extra? Had to buy a new one?

P.S. Any chance some of pins 1, 10 and 11 could be moved?
    Steve had a spare Basket. I have not heard anything about the missing basket.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzel
    replied
    I played Leverich today and there were 12 baskets in the ground. Does that mean the stolen basket was returned? You had an extra? Had to buy a new one?

P.S. Any chance some of pins 1, 10 and 11 could be moved?

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Wog View Post
    ...in the process of branding all the baskets...
    This is happening at Mud too.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X