Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe all baskets should be engraved somewhere on them so in a case like this the authorities could be told where to look for the "branding". If it was small and inconspicuous the thief's wouldn't even notice it.

Comment

Good idea.

If number and letter punches are used to ID the baskets and poles, even if the numbers were completely ground off, they could still be read using acid, as the imprint goes deeply into the grain of the steel.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

"Branding" baskets is a VERY good idea.

Steve, have you contacted Vancouver Police? FYI, I also got the "no, I'm in Iowa" line -- surprised they even bothered writing back.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The police department has been notified. They have added Leverich Park basket thieves to their list of other criminal activity to watch out for in the park after dark. I am also in the process of branding all the baskets with the VCDG initials. At least once in a very conspicuous location. In the future all baskets will be branded in a couple locations, some hidden and some visible.

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
            ...in the process of branding all the baskets...
            This is happening at Mud too.

Comment

I played Leverich today and there were 12 baskets in the ground. Does that mean the stolen basket was returned? You had an extra? Had to buy a new one?

P.S. Any chance some of pins 1, 10 and 11 could be moved?

Comment

No they had a spare

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                I played Leverich today and there were 12 baskets in the ground. Does that mean the stolen basket was returned? You had an extra? Had to buy a new one?

P.S. Any chance some of pins 1, 10 and 11 could be moved?
                Steve had a spare Basket. I have not heard anything about the missing basket.
                PDGA 38153
                STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

I was told yesterday that vandals pulled basket number 6 and threw it in the creek, cement anchor and all. Mike (forgot his last name) called to tell me he retrieved it and put it back in the ground, but it was pretty loose. I'm gonna move the basket to the other side (north) of the path and we can play 6 to there until we can get some volunteers to re-set the anchor with more cement.

Comment

Pizzel, where do you want them moved to?

1 short, 10 short and 11 long?

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                      Pizzel, where do you want them moved to?

1 short, 10 short and 11 long?
                      Yah!

Comment

So no basket was stolen?

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                          So no basket was stolen?
                          I was under the impression that this was a second basket that had been ripped out. With the first one -- the one that was probably sold on eBay -- I don't think they took the concrete out.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Basket #8 was stolen last week, lock removed and anchor left in the ground. Sunday morning basket #6 was ripped from the ground, anchor and all and rolled down the hill into the creek.

Both are back as they should be, 6 is a little wiggly, but playable.

Comment

I started branding the baskets here today (meanwhile, two thieves were down on my land by the creek stealing three trees--fortunately, my neighbor caught them before they dropped any more trees).

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                                (meanwhile, two thieves were down on my land by the creek stealing three trees--fortunately, my neighbor caught them before they dropped any more trees).
                                Holy crap! Is that common?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X