X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current map of Terrace Creek eff. 1/19/09

Here's a link to a map of the current layout of Terrace: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...3/4c29c642.gif
    Last edited by Tim; January 19th, 2009, 09:49 AM.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

The dog run area alongside #14 is now open.
    Any discs thrown into this area are O.B. and must be removed with a penalty stroke.
    #13 basket has been moved to where the old #14 tee is. This means its no longer a dogleg around the basketball court, but a dogleg right instead.

Terrace is going to the dogs !

Comment

This is correct (except it was old #13's tee). Those who have played the TCO will be familiar with the short OB laden hole, no OB is marked now, but it's in the works. We're also working on a way to play the current 14 that will be less interference with the dog park. Also, 15 now has a new tee, follow the dog park fence back towards the nasty looking "pond" and you should see the tee. There is a mando on the left side of the fairway, you can see a faint arrow pointing to the right. More changes are coming in the future, I just can't say what or when.

Comment

Does anyone have a copy or link to the current map for Terrace? I haven't been there since the dog park opened and a buddy just called trying to find his way around the back side (of the course).

Much appreciated!
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
          ...trying to find his way around the back side (of the course).
          hahaha, nice clarification. No new map has been drawn up as of yet, largely because the layout should be changing in the somewhat near future--hopefully permanently. The current layout is largely the same as what you see in the map here. The main differences being 13's tee is shuffled to the right, and it's now a dogleg right instead of left. The other difference is that 15's tee is now pushed farther back, by the corner of the dog park. Don't know if any improvement has been made, but as of yesterday, there was a stack of sewer pipes on top of the tee. There are other subtle differences in the layout of the course regarding tee and pin positions, but with the exception of the holes noted, that map should get you around OK.

Comment

14's Tee?

]

Where do y'all Tee off from for 14?
            Is it just inside the gate on the paved road or perhaps that bare spot of ground where 13's basket was until recently?

Comment

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
              ]

Where do y'all Tee off from for 14?
              Is it just inside the gate on the paved road or perhaps that bare spot of ground where 13's basket was until recently?
              Between the old 13 basket location and the basketball court.
              Look for some small rocks arranged like a hack line with a small bare patch of ground right behind them. It's a hard shot for a righty, but as a lefty I enjoy it.

Comment

New update to the course, but no map as of yet! The good news is that the infamous "garbage hole" is gone. The bad news is that you'll have to walk the hill for 12 twice.

This is just a temporary hole until we can get final approval on the "new one", so hopefully we won't get too used to it.

So, the way the course plays now, you play hole 12 like normal, but then when you get to the top of the hill, walk around the big green containers and tee off between the two electrical boxes. You can't really see the basket from the teepad, but you probably will have seen it when teeing off from 12. Basically you're throwing back down to the bottom of the bowl, but on the opposite side from 12's tee. Those that remember where old 11's basket used to be, it's close to the same spot.

It's a short, steep, and somewhat deceiving hole. It's a very easy deuce, but if you throw too high or too hard, you can very easily end up in 18's fairway. Be careful, as walkers coming up the zig zag path will have no clue if a disc heads their way!

After you finish the hole, walk all the way back up the hill, and play what was 13, now 14, as usual.

Comment

Wow. There is a well worn walking path that goes straight west up the hill to the sidewalk from the top end of the new switchbacks.
                  I see many people walking up and down this area.

A blind shot from the top, with a disc gaining speed the whole time going downhill, could be disasterous if a person were below.
                  This will require more caution than at any other hole, including #7, because of lack of a sight line.
                  I think because of the popularity of the course, casual park users, walking pets and children and such, are used to looking up to the #18 tee from below to see if anyone is throwing, but they will not be ready for discs to come raining down on them on that hill.

Comment

i agree with jack on this one i will do what i can to get this changed.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                      i agree with jack on this one i will do what i can to get this changed.
                      I guess it must be as serious as they say...
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

pissed

i did my best to get lowell to change this hole and he wont listen to reason. i am tired of talking to a brick wall seattle disc golf club might as well be called the lowell disc golf club. i am done with this club and terrace creek until we get some real leadership that will listen to the members. who the hell are the members of this so called club and when are the meetings?

Comment

New 13

Ok, I played new 13 for the first and last time today.
                          Not only is it a dangerous shot with people below, but, did anybody notice all the new seedlings and saplings planted ALL AROUND THE BASKET.
                          You idiots. Those small plants will be killed in a couple of weeks from shots coming in, I'm sure the M.L.T. parks dept. will really appreciate disc golfers destroying all thier hard work planting those.

Move it. NOW !

Email to Lowell goes out right after I post this.

Comment

All I can do is agree with you captain jack...
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              All I can do is agree with you captain jack...
                              I guess I can too...except the "You idiots." part. I'm going to go ahead and assume that was meant more proverbially, as most people were against this particular installation.

Ironically though, it was the parks dept. that gave approval for this hole. It was also their insistence that brought about the "dump hole" as well as the old one that shot over the basketball court. Yes, it's safe to say that disc golf isn't exactly their primary interest.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X