X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This course is vicious

I'm basically looking for sympathy, and wondering If I just made a noob mistake or if anyone else has injured themselves on #6 tee? I was having a splendid time, playing by myself this morning out at terrace, until I tried to drive off #6. I was throwing RHBH, and slipped and landed directly on my left shin on the concrete tee pad. I would have been able to get over and continue if it was just scrapes, but I put a damn hole in my shin. I was worried about infection, so I just left without even grabbing my drive. Anyone else fallen badly off this tee pad? What say you regulars? Please help me to feel better by letting me know I'm not alone.

Other than that, I just want to say I'm really impressed with the first 6 holes, and I'm looking forward to playing the whole course. It seems like something always comes up and I keep having to cut my games short here.

Sorry, never fell off that tee but I can sympathize that it is definitely a bit dangerous!
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I hope you weren't playing from the platform with bench on top because that's not the tee pad.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Pretty sure it was the tee pad, as the pics from DGCR look a lot like what I remember. I've still got a hole in my shin. Next time I'm not gonna try any run up on this pad.

Comment

That tee is indeed dangerous. I've gone off the end before, but managed a judo roll without much injury. A few years ago though, someone broke their ankle on it. That pad's been on the list for fixing/replacement for a while, though I kind of like the idea of painting a line and using that nice huge stage as a tee pad--best tee in the park!
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

If you fall on your ass when throwing off hole 6 tee box, and the disc ends up in the middle of the field, is it still OB? I think if you draw blood, make the others in your group piss their pants because they're laughing at you, or you scare a pedestrian with your cussing and flailings, you should get a free drop without a stroke.

I will propose this to the PDGA for consideration into next year's rules revisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              That tee is indeed dangerous. I've gone off the end before, but managed a judo roll without much injury. A few years ago though, someone broke their ankle on it. That pad's been on the list for fixing/replacement for a while, though I kind of like the idea of painting a line and using that nice huge stage as a tee pad--best tee in the park!
              Something tells me that painting a line won't go over too well with the city? Yeah I agree though that little stage would be a great tee pad, in fact I throw from there all the time when practicing drives or trying out new discs.

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
              If you fall on your ass when throwing off hole 6 tee box, and the disc ends up in the middle of the field, is it still OB? I think if you draw blood, make the others in your group piss their pants because they're laughing at you, or you scare a pedestrian with your cussing and flailings, you should get a free drop without a stroke.

I will propose this to the PDGA for consideration into next year's rules revisions.
              Wait this isn't already a rule? How do you think I shoot -8 all the time! (at Ferguson if I'm lucky!) I will challenge and beat anyone at Bicentennial playing one disc putter only.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

The old tees at Terrace were never designed for big runups.
                In all the years I have played there, I have never sustained really bad damage from any of the them.
                #1 used to be so slanted I would end up on my ass all the time.
                #2, 3, 4, 6 and 18 are all elevated, preventing big runups, unless you dont mind skidding off a cliff, or into blackberries.
                Nine still bothers me, its a tiny tee box, with gooey mushy mud all around it, making it really easy to slide your feet out from under you.

The good news is the holes are relatively short, 6 is 288', but from the elevated tee, it plays like 250, so you shouldnt need a big ol 360 run up. The picture of the #6 tee on DGCR is the correct tee, although it still shows the old backstop from the baseball field in the distance, a reminder of why the mando was placed there along the right side of the walkway, back in the days of yore.

Gee, I thought I was the only one getting up on that little asphalt riser to throw.
                Usually the wind blows from the playground, so I can huk stuff far from up there.
                It's like a superman tee.

Comment

Throwing off 6 RHBH is almost similar to snowboarding in terms of potential for dangerous injury. Your tempted to hyzer bomb RHBH over the field to the right the way the pin is guarded against a straight ahead lazer beam or anything coming right to left. Your facing uphill, with your back downhill, trying to traverse across a narrow path across the hill face. It's like riding on your toe edge (Regular foot stance) in snowboarding. I don't think I'm going to try that tee pad again, I'll just throw from the walking path.

My shin hole is almost healed up, but I've had to refrain from Discing because I don't want to rip it open.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    I would have loved to have seen that Tim! You have the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose so I am shocked that you had to bust out one of your sweet moves. At least you prevented any injury.
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X