X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate will Terrace apart, again

Alright I've been slacking on the course fund and ace pot as of late but from here on out I will post what's going on with it every single week. Counted everything tonight after doubles and here is what I have.

Course Fund: $909 - Last month I paid out Wayne Whitney $42 to upgrade basket thirteen with new chains making that basket decent at catching again. That was all that went out.

Main Ace Pot: $300 - Still capped.

Second Ace Pot: $291 - Very close to this pot being the main, most likely next week.

We have permission to make a 30 foot circle around basket number 14 and most of the bark needs to be redone on the front nine, I'm thinking of organizing a work party very soon to get this done, details to come. If you see any improvements that need to get done please send me a message through here or email (my screen name @ yahoo.com) or find me on the course and tell me in person.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    Alright I've been slacking on the course fund and ace pot as of late but from here on out I will post what's going on with it every single week. Counted everything tonight after doubles and here is what I have.

Course Fund: $909 - Last month I paid out Wayne Whitney $42 to upgrade basket thirteen with new chains making that basket decent at catching again. That was all that went out.

Main Ace Pot: $300 - Still capped.

Second Ace Pot: $291 - Very close to this pot being the main, most likely next week.

We have permission to make a 30 foot circle around basket number 14 and most of the bark needs to be redone on the front nine, I'm thinking of organizing a work party very soon to get this done, details to come. If you see any improvements that need to get done please send me a message through here or email (my screen name @ yahoo.com) or find me on the course and tell me in person.
    Thanks Thomas. What about making hole #12 a permanent island hole? Can we do something so that hole can be more appealing as far as difficulty? Just wondering.

PS. I like you!
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
      Thanks Thomas. What about making hole #12 a permanent island hole? Can we do something so that hole can be more appealing as far as difficulty? Just wondering.

PS. I like you!
      Are you thinking of hole 13? Hole 12 is the uphill turnover.

When I went through the work of putting string in and a marked dropped zone the day before team golf someone came by that very day and ripped it all out, I don't mean vandalized it I mean took it out so someone doesn't want it in, not sure who though. That's money out of my pocket for string,steaks and ribbons, oh well. I agree it should be an island hole to make it more appealing, I would rather we just take it out and make the course 17 holes but we've been over that many times so I won't go into it now.

P.S. You're in the minority if you like me!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I was thinking more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPcSIN77yqU

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            VERY funny Adam. Great vid. I especially like his hair and how it gently flows through the soft wind.

Thomas, I DID mean #13 and yeah, I get what your saying on the string issue. Just wanted to put my two cents in. However, I would rather have that hole then 17 you weirdo!

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
              I was thinking more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPcSIN77yqU
              I laughed, I cried, I held myself oh so tightly!

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

By the way, sillybizz, you can embed a YouTube video by enclosing its ID in [youtube ]...[/youtube ] tags.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                  I laughed, I cried, I held myself oh so tightly!
                  Don't be hating on Joy Division now.

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  By the way, sillybizz, you can embed a YouTube video by enclosing its ID in [youtube ]...[/youtube ] tags.
                  good to know, thanks!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Nice!

Sillybuzz,

Wanted to complement you for one of the cleverest thread titles ever. Brought a smile to my face. Long live Joy Division!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                      Sillybuzz,

Wanted to complement you for one of the cleverest thread titles ever. Brought a smile to my face. Long live Joy Division!
                      Thanks buddy!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

lowell is working with the city to come up with a better place for 13. if somebody wants to kick in $5000 for a sepa study we got a nice place for it that will flow. i like the island idea we just need to find a way to make it so that the punks wont take it out.
                        Last edited by aaron; April 7th, 2010, 09:42 PM. Reason: i cant spell

Comment

I agree making that an island hole would make it more interesting, but I cringe at the thought of any sort of "permanence" to that hole. That thing was only supposed to be there for like a month when it originally went in. I'm kind of with Thomas with the 17 hole thing...definitely keep 18 holes in the ground there, but usually if I'm playing a solo round, I just skip that hole entirely. If we can figure out some sort of way to make it an island without a lot of cost and effort, then sure, let's do it, but otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it.

I think one area that funds could be utilized for is putting up some sort of protection for 16's tee. Also, one of the goals that never happened for one reason or another was to put another basket out by 2's tee to practice on. We were originally going to put Ol' Janky out there (old hole 7/9), but sadly, Janky's no longer with us. 12's current pin would be the best candidate now I think, since it's the oddball of the bunch. Funds could be used to buy a new Chainstar, OR, someone could get the city to finally fix and return the Mach III they wrecked a couple years ago.
                          Last edited by Tim; April 8th, 2010, 06:49 AM. Reason: added thought
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                            lowell is working with the city to come up with a better place for 13. if somebody wants to kick in $5000 for a sepa study we got a nice place for it that will flow. i like the island idea we just need to find a way to make it so that the punks wont take it out.
                            I will just set up a tent on the hill behind the basket and watch creeply, yelling obscene things at those who pass by.

Oh wait....We already have Thomas doing that.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

What about just dropping bricks into the ground there? You could space them 3-4' apart and submerge them so they are even with the grass. Likely no one would see them and if you lose a brick, no biggie.

Eh?
                              'Weekend 4 Women':
                              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X