X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvements

I just wanted to give people a heads up, we got some bark on hole one and we are going to spread it around to the muddy sections of the course. Also we bought some chains for the basket for 13, we put in another layer of chains so that basket now catches a lot better, as we all know solid putts would hit the pipe and bounce out, that's now pretty much fixed. Thought I would pass this along.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Wayne and I will be out there tomorrow morning spreading bark around, Wayne did a lot of it today but we could use some help tomorrow if anyone is interested.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Great work guys, any work going on this long weekend?
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
        Great work guys, any work going on this long weekend?
        Yes. I just got word that there will be another load of bark being dropped up by hole 14, which sucks for Wayne because he made a couple of trips yesterday hauling bark from hole one all the way out to the back nine, but I appreciate the work Wayne has put in. We can spread the bark to many more places than I had previously thought but after word from Lowell and the city we can now put bark in and around most tee pads and baskets (including hole 5, IT'S ABOUT TIME!) as long as we keep to the mud holes and don't venture out into the grass too far so the city can still mow.

This weekend after doubles I am trying to organize a small work party of volunteers who are willing to spread bark. I think a lot of it will be done by then but just in case anyone who is willing to help should get a hold of me and/or stick around after doubles. I believe Wayne, Aaron and myself are going to be doing a little bit of the bark this week, we'll see how much we can get done.

I also want to figure something out for the walking trail from hole fourteen to the basket for fifteen, the one down that steep and muddy hill. Wayne was thinking of stepping stones intermittently down the trail, this sounds like a good option.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

What time will you guys be getting to the course, Tom? I have a flat tire I need to replace asap in the morning, but that may not take long. Post on here or call me.
          anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Right on, I'll see if I can't make it out on Saturday. If you guys need to buy anything, there's money in the course fund. Just lemme know.

As for the steps on the hillside there, one thing I've seen done is to take old tires and sink them into the hillside and make steps. Pretty creative and solid use of recycling, IMO.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Right on, I'll see if I can't make it out on Saturday. If you guys need to buy anything, there's money in the course fund. Just lemme know.
              I'll send you a PM with some info in it about the course fund stuff and all of that. It would be awesome if you would come out and help, thank you.

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              As for the steps on the hillside there, one thing I've seen done is to take old tires and sink them into the hillside and make steps. Pretty creative and solid use of recycling, IMO.
              That is an awesome idea as well. Forgive me for not knowing but do you know where we can get some old tires to do this?

Originally posted by killa View Post
              What time will you guys be getting to the course, Tom? I have a flat tire I need to replace asap in the morning, but that may not take long. Post on here or call me.
              Well I'm thinking after doubles, so around 1pm. That would be awesome if you showed up but you don't need to go out of your way to make it, if you have something to do it's all good.

Thank you in advance to everyone who shows up this weekend. We need the bark spread but if anyone wants to go and pick up trash around the course this would be very helpful! The back nine isn't too bad but the front still has some litter.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

OK so some dedicated locals went out and spread bark around on the front nine where we are permitted to do so. Big thanks to Aaron, Eric, Dan, Wayne and any one else who has helped out with the bark and other things around the course lately. It seems that only up top around 14 needs to be done now which will make our work party a lot easier especially if a lot of people come out and help.

Thomas

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

So this is going on after doubles???
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I had some free time today so I went and spread some more bark around the basket of fourteen and also the slippery walking trail from fourteen to fifteen. I must admit that spreading bark on that walking trail was a selfish endeavor on my part. This weekend I am planning on putting red ribbons on the mando trees, using the clippers on some blackberries and most importantly I want to pick up as much litter at the course as possible.

Also, we are starting the course fund back up again for doubles. I have some ideas for the course that is going to take some money. I know there have been some questions regarding the course fund and what it's used for and all of that stuff, so I want to assure you all that everything will be accounted for and I will make a once a month posting on the kiosk about what's going on. The course fund is like taxes in my mind and the taxes should be put to something and the people paying the taxes should know where it's going. Any comments, questions or concerns about anything, please feel free to send me a PM or email.

Thomas Little. (AKA Sillybizz or AKA Porkshop)

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I played the back nine at Terrace Creek for the first time in a long time. The improvements made out there are great! 15 has bricks for tee pads and it looks as if the idea for putting up some kind of barrier guarding 16 is in the works. 17 has a new, longer tee pad but the throw isn't so uphill and after playing it I kind of like it. I know it's been a while since it's been done but I want to say good job. I know many of you aren't expecting this from me after what went down months ago but I have to give credit where it is due and Lowell and everyone who helped out deserve some credit for putting in the work and spending some money from the fund, it's nice to see.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

You didnt mention the eradication of ALL the blackberries on 14, what a huge difference that makes.

I'm not real comfortable about them adding another 30 of distance to #17 with the new tee, I can barely make it up through there from the old tee, but its not as bad as it looks when your standing there.

There is alot more shots going into the blackberries just in front of the old tee now, those will have to be removed next.

Comment

Hi, folks. I'm new to the area and Terrace Creek is the closest course to my home so I'll be playing it as much as I can. I've noticed that updates on this forum died down around August of last year. I read the controversial thread and am glad I wasn't here for all of that, but did that kill the spirit of the Terrace Creek thread?

I'm curious to find out if there are up-coming improvements still in the works. I liked the hole 13 "island" idea. I'm also hoping talks of a practice basket will resume.

I'm looking forward to getting out and volunteering my time in order to help maintain courses (and help build new ones – somewhere in Edmonds maybe? ) all over the Seattle area. I'll be checking this thread regularly, so I'll look for opportunities to get out and help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinque View Post
                            Hi, folks. I'm new to the area and Terrace Creek is the closest course to my home so I'll be playing it as much as I can. I've noticed that updates on this forum died down around August of last year. I read the controversial thread and am glad I wasn't here for all of that, but did that kill the spirit of the Terrace Creek thread?

I'm curious to find out if there are up-coming improvements still in the works. I liked the hole 13 "island" idea. I'm also hoping talks of a practice basket will resume.

I'm looking forward to getting out and volunteering my time in order to help maintain courses (and help build new ones somewhere in Edmonds maybe? ) all over the Seattle area. I'll be checking this thread regularly, so I'll look for opportunities to get out and help.
                            Lowell Shields designed and installed Terrace Creek. You will see him, in a white minivan, at both Terrace Creek and Mineral Springs, selling discs.

Lowell works closely with the City of Mountlake Terrace to stay on top of any news regarding the course. He also is usually involved in most the work parties there.
                            Shoot him an Email at:

fantasyflights@comcast.net

and get yourself on the mailing list, this will keep you updated with any new course info.

Chainbangerz is the best place to keep up with local info for both the Seatac, and Lakewood courses, and the club is responsible for all maintenance and work parties that go on there, so thats the best place to get updates regarding those two courses.

Dont forget to try our newest two local courses, Blythe Park, and Silver Lake, both have nice 9 hole layouts, and both play better now, when they're dry and not so muddy. Great for an after work round or two.

If you want to donate some money to a worthless cause, go play the dubs on Wednesday night at Juel park in Redmond, Bob Clark will be most appreciative.

Comment

Ha! I'll have to check in to the "worthless cause" at Juel Park. Is that another controversial topic? Thanks for the info, Captain Jack. I've played Silver Lake a few times and like it a lot since it's an easy course to push a baby around in a stroller. I haven't visited Blythe though, but I will when I can. I'm hoping to play most, if not all, courses in WA.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X