Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrace reconfiguration

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
    Absolutely nothing.
    My original post was going to be much longer, and include our conversation about the ongoing battle for a permanent home for what is now temporary #13, playing down the hill.
    The city didnt like Lowells idea of making a new hole north of #16 basket, so the options are now pretty limited.
    Of the two remaining spots possible for a new hole, I prefer the idea of one up on the hill beside 18, somewhere up along the trail we used to get to 12 when they were grading the hill.

This info is more along the lines of what would be discussed at the meeting, right ?

Hey, how about having the meeting in here, in a chat room, so more people could attend ?
    One of my pet peeves about courses is when designers MUST have a certain number of holes (18, or 9 usually) when the space they are using can't realistically hold that amount of disc golf holes. There is nothing wrong with a course that has 7,11,13,15,17, holes etc. and I don't understand why we are still trying to squeeze 18 holes into Terrace Creek. As it stands now you have enough room to make somewhere between 14 and 17 really awesome holes but instead we sacrifice most of the back nine to squeeze 2 or 3 more holes in, I find this ludicrous. We need to work with what we have and what we are given.

The meeting is not a Terrace Creek only meeting and so I don't think the entire meeting will be about the course, but we probably will mention it somewhere when ever we have our meeting. Having it online would be a huge mistake because I think that would severely limit the number of people who could partake including Lowell himself. On the internet there is less order and people (me) have a harder time typing what their thoughts are at times, especially when it's tough to explain how you feel about something.

Sorry if I come off like a total jerk, I feel strongly about my position on this and somewhere along the line between my brain and my fingers I sound much more mean on the internet.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    Sorry if I come off like a total jerk, I feel strongly about my position on this and somewhere along the line between my brain and my fingers I sound much more mean on the internet.
    Thug life !

Ya, your starting to sound like Aaron.

Terrace is, and always will be, an 18 hole course, get used to it.

Comment

Ya, your starting to sound like Aaron.

Terrace is, and always will be, an 18 hole course, get used to it.
      Sounding like Aaron isn't a bad thing at all. Unfortunately you are probably right, it most likely will remain an 18 hole course, but what's the point? It's not like we are going to EVER have another PDGA event there again...

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

There's room at Terrace for 18 good holes IMO(and plenty of space for more optimisim), but I think the course could be reconfigured in places. There's also room for many more disc golf courses in the area, so hopefully these will be topics that we can voice our opions and be agents of change as active members of the:
        NEW AND IMPROVED SEATTLE DGC-- fortified with 100% daily allowance of at least 19 essential volunteers, organizers, and leaders.
        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

There's something to be said for lessening the number of holes at Terrace, but yeah, I don't think it'd ever happen.

And yeah, Toby, there's room at Terrace for at least 18 good holes, if not 27. The main issue is that any new hole that isn't part of the original layout has to be on flat ground, nowhere close to water. There are only a couple flat spots in the whole park that meet that criteria, and we're already using them...hence being relegated to the wasteland that is 15's fairway.

The city of MLT isn't really fond of disc golf, and aren't enthusiastic to help out, or even give us a break, from what I've seen. I think efforts would be better utilized in putting in a new course elsewhere.
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            I think efforts would be better utilized in putting in a new course elsewhere.
            Speaking of which.

Has anybody heard from Randy regarding the new Everett course ?

Last update I have is from a year ago ?

I know I know, somebody get me a 370Z, I'm drifting again...........

Comment

Speaking of which.

Has anybody heard from Randy regarding the new Everett course ?

Last update I have is from a year ago ?

I know I know, somebody get me a 370Z, I'm drifting again...........
              Last I heard Brian Anderson was in contact with the Everett Park and Recreation, I don't know who "Randy" is, are two different people talking to Everett? If only the "club" were up and going like it should have been years ago we would already have multiple courses in my stomping grounds, oh well.

I know that Keith from Chainbanger'z is in contact and has permission to put in a course in King County, basically anywhere he wants to and is working on that as we speak.

The longer and longer this meeting becomes delayed the more disillusioned I get with the whole process and the area "club" and I use this term loosely. I'm finding that Jub and I agree on things more and more.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I did speak with Keith at Chainbangers who has some awesome ideas and seems to have things together way better than anyone in our area at the moment. So there are definitely options if the Seattle Disc Golf Club isn't going to cut it.

I've got faith that we have the people to get something done. I really don't care what organization or the who's who that is present (even Jub ), just so long as we make our best effort to get a course in the ground and/or coordinate events better in our area.
                Last edited by cefire; December 16th, 2009, 06:46 PM. Reason: keepin it positive...as much as possible :)
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X