X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got us a mutha flippin' KIOSK

For the longest time, we've needed a kiosk at Terrace, and this weekend, it finally came to fruition. Those that attended the Terror Creek 666 Doubles last year may recall that that was a fundraiser tournament, with the primary goal being to get a kiosk in the ground. Well, it took a little longer than planned, but your contributions did not go to waste! Thanks to Evan T., Eric M., and Aaron T., we got our butts in gear and got this thing built. It still has some finishing touches to be done yet, but it's mostly there. We tried to make it all nice and aesthetic, but the priority here was durability (knowing our local thriving population of disaffected youth), and I think it's safe to say this thing is built to "brick shithouse" code. Big thanks to Evan and Eric who did the brunt of the carpentry, and an extra thanks to Evan for donating a good amount of the materials used. And of course, thanks to all who participated in the Terror Creek doubles and purchased fundraiser discs...this is your kiosk! And even better news, the kiosk came in significantly under budget, so the leftover funds will be put towards further improvements to the course!

Work in progress (note the supervisory seat):

Pontification (fortunately, this was an unsanctioned event):

Taking shape (is that Sasquatch lurking in the background?):

Aaron doing a fine job of keeping the kiosk upright:

Future pic from the eagerly anticipated disc golf pinup calendar: Evan, yours truly, Eric, and Aaron:

Hey, look, a Seahawks hat! Oh, and Evan doing some roofing:

The (mostly) finished product:

And gone, but not forgotten, our old "kiosk" :
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Just went out there yesterday and I must say good job. Will all of the vandalism done at that course the chances of this being destroyer are slim, good thinking. If there was a nuclear holocaust three things would still survive: Cockroaches, Cher and this Kiosk.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Nice job fellas. It is nice to see funds going towards a great cause. You can tell a lot of hard work was put into that kiosk.
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Ha ha, nice slide show, tim. Damn nice kiosk, too!
        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it on Thursday.. I won't be there tonight.. (someone keep an eye out for my disc please!)
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Big thanks to Aaron for adding a sign to the kiosk! Looks sweet, Aaron! We almost have a fully legitimate kiosk now...just need that last damn support. And a map...but of course, we need a permanent layout before that can happen. Nonetheless, this is still definitely progress in the right direction!

Comment

Nicely done boys!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I went out to play Terrace for the first time in a while on Friday to check out the recent improvements. I was pleased to see that the kiosk has been getting a lot of use, there were a bunch of things posted up on there. Unfortunately, the skies opened up on us right as we started playing, and we decided to call it a day after 4 holes.

I came back on Saturday morning to meet a few friends before heading up to check out Silver Lake and get a few more holes in. First thing I noticed when I walked up to hole 1 was that EVERYTHING had been torn down by someone over the course of the night, including things like the "Pack it in, pack it out" and the "Follow the yellow tape" signs. Interestingly enough, a couple lost and found keys with their notes were still hanging up though. Strange. Juvenile delinquents with smidgens of ethics? On the plus side though, no damage was done that I could see, other than some tagging that looked like it translated to "be over par" (B/par). Derp.

Comment

Early last week I posted a couple of things on the crowded kiosk and went back a couple of days later and they were gone with a couple of other missing things as well so I re posted my stuff and haven't been back since but by your post it sounds like it's gone again.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

It's completely bare. Only the wooden sign and lost keys are there now.

Pretty cool.

Comment

Derp.
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X