X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet pads, man.

Lots of people teamed up today and poured three new tee pads with a nicely brushed finish, and they sure are tasty... word has it that the boy scouts who spearheaded this are going to build and pour four more pads next Saturday!

Also, hole 18 is back where it belongs, except they placed it 15-20 feet further back for an even better final hole. Don't worry, Captain, Aaron and Eric managed to clear house like QVC...

The main posts for Terrace's new kiosk were also cemented in with three feet of anchoring cement. This baby most likely will serve as a post-apocalyptic posting board for the cockroaches...

I suppose all this deserves one of the positive-effect emoticons. Let's see... I'm always a fan of the cheers dudes, like "Here's to the incredible facelift for Terrace " *ching
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

I just talked to sam and evan, the new tees made it through the night untouched .

Comment

Always love to hear about new concrete being poured!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Glad to hear that the pads survived their larval stage. Chuck and I had to smooth over a couple tagged signatures on one of them when we were covering them. Seriously, in the span of about half an hour of not being watched, they'd already been messed with.

Props to the scouts for getting the ball rolling, but credit is most certainly also due to Evan Troka and John Shearer for lending their expertise to make sure the pads were done properly. And a big thanks to everyone else that helped out, Terrace is gettin' better all the time!
        Last edited by Tim; June 7th, 2009, 07:40 PM.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

The new tees are ready for use. It was strange playing these holes and not being scared of the tilted ankle snapping tees.

Comment

Tell me the plastic and wood stakes were saved for next saturday...
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
              The new tees are ready for use. It was strange playing these holes and not being scared of the tilted ankle snapping tees.
              Like #1, which I have spun out on many times, always great with an audience on the sidewalk.

The new tees are SICK !
              Backhanders dream of tees like this.
              Long, smooth and level ! Like a freakin runway.
              No slippery puncheon hack lines, just a big ol aircraft carrier flight deck sized chunk of concrete.
              Well done boy scouts and professionals both.

Comment

3 more pads are ready for use. 12,13 and 16 got poured last weekend.

Comment

Saw those on Sunday, they look good.
                  Pipes are still in the maintenance lot, making a hack line for the #15 tee.
                  I doubt the city would approve a tee being poured here, so I'm kinda wondering how 15 is going to be laid out on a permanent basis ?

Nice to have 18 back , since it is Terraces' signature hole.

Comment

we were going to pour 15 right where it is but the city asked us to wait until they are done installing the pipes.

Comment

After brushing up on my metal detecting skills at lakewood yesterday i decided to go find old 18's anchor at terrace. 15 minutes and 5 beer cans later i found it. so we now have an alt pin location for 18.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                        After brushing up on my metal detecting skills at lakewood yesterday i decided to go find old 18's anchor at terrace. 15 minutes and 5 beer cans later i found it. so we now have an alt pin location for 18.
                        Did those beers start out full? I'm surprised you were able to find anything at all. How far apart are the collars on 18? It sounds like the difference between long and short 17 at Lakewood, i.e. not much. I wish we could have an alt position in the middle of that "pond".

Comment

Wow, only 5 beer cans!? That's amazing! Good job, Aaron. Now the question is, do we want to have the 2nd pin in a wholly new location?

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                            I wish we could have an alt position in the middle of that "pond".
                            With an elevated pin! All of the pond is OB.

Comment

the old anchor is about 20ft short of the new one. the middle of the "pond" would be the shiz but i think the only place the city would allow us to put an alt would be shorter. If you ask me there is no reason to make this hole shorter. every one wants to play this hole in the long and for tournaments we make the ams play from a diff pad. with it in the short and throwing from the am pad the hole would be about 150ft long.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X