X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair warning

I was out at the course earlier today, pretty busy with all the nice weather. I was hanging out on one of the holes with one of my friends, waiting for some others to come from the back, when we saw a police car pull up and park on the road. He met up with a lady--non-discer--and then headed in our general direction. He apprehended a group of golfers who had a few beers with them, I didn't stick around the whole time to see what the outcome was, but he talked to them for a good 15 minutes or so. The group looked like some sort of family, they weren't being rowdy or anything, just walking around with open containers without a care in the world. We're pretty sure that the lady who called the police was a mother at the playground who didn't like what she saw.

Remember folks, alcohol at Terrace (as well as all the other courses in the area) is ILLEGAL. If you do choose to drink, you're at your own risk--obviously not all park users will turn a blind eye to it. If you're going to be drinking, at least try to be a little discreet about it--and even more importantly, make sure you pack out your trash with you! We need to keep ourselves in good standing with the community, and blatantly breaking the law won't do anything to help us.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Wow. That's unfortunate. Sounds like casual players, but still, a good warning for regular/core DGers to be cautious. Unfortunately, this stuff (whether fair or not) leads toward PR about the sport (and Dgers) as a whole. I guess we should probably warn players to be more discreet ... not as a narc ... but in case another sitch happens like this. I guess a good warning might be ... if MLT course is ever pulled, we now have one less course in the Seattle area and will have to travel farther the next time we want to play a local course. Thanks Tim.

Comment

Fair warning, the brush on the back 9 is BRUTAL right now.

18 may be unplayable, unless you ace it, you can still see the basket, and maybe ten feet around it.
      Everthing else is waist deep minimum, and pointy.

Comment

If you dont like tall grass come out to the work party this sat at 10am with a weed whacker.

Comment

18 is beyond weed wacker help.

Machete, thick gloves, googles, thick long sleeves.
          Make sure this job is done by someone 100% clear headed, so they dont loose a finger, toe, or someone elses arm.
          Let the sleepyheads shovel the bark.

Comment

Malarkey. That's right, I said malarkey. We've chopped down thicker stuff with weed wackers in the past. As long as it's just grass and not blackberries, it's doable, just need plenty of line and gas...and a weed wacker that stays in one piece.

BTW, anyone that wants to bring their weed wacker out, we'll happily pay for gas and line.

Comment

I have done most of the weed whacking on 18 for the past 4 years its not that big of a deal. The grass is a little taller this year since there was no need to trim it with the basket in the short. once the city gives us the ok to move the basket back then i will worry about it.

Comment

work party was today and guess what no captain jack. show up or shut up!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                  work party was today and guess what no captain jack. show up or shut up!!!!!!!!

Aaron, we've met on the course before, so you know what I look like.

My choice for yesterday was to come out and stare at your nasty hairy plumbers crack and do some weeding, or go hiking with a really cute girl half my age to a nice lake.

I stand by my choice.

Comment

Wow, somehow I managed to miss this post until now. Hmm, someone finding something they'd rather do on a Saturday than go to a work party? Never heard that one before! That's fine, it's all volunteer work, so nobody can be forced to do anything. However, if one does choose to do something more enjoyable than a work party, one should not hijack a thread, criticizing the status of a course maintained by those who do sacrifice their time.

Also, I'm pretty sure I read in Weedeating for Dummies that for best results, you should be looking at the ground in front of you rather than your colleague's asscrack.

On a more positive note, we've finally gotten the OK to move 18 into the long position again, where significant weedeating will definitely need to be done. The plan is to get some work done on that this weekend, among other things. As always, anyone that that has a weedeater or the like, we'll gladly compensate you for gas and line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      The plan is to get some work done on that this weekend, among other things. As always, anyone that that has a weedeater or the like, we'll gladly compensate you for gas and line.
                      I'd like to make it, but my Oceanography class has a field trip to Alki beach on Saturday. Any chance you'd consider a Sunday work party instead?

BTW, thanks Aaron!
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

1st post!!!

18 back to the long position? Sweet. Although I will miss the nearly automatic thumber/tomahawk birdie.

I would be willing to help out on Saturday or Sunday for a few hours. I'll try to borrow my buddies WW. If anyone remembers from a few work parties ago, my electric weed wacker is kind of a joke.
                        Always looking for 11x KC Gazelles

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X