Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dog park is open, mind yer manners!

As Captain Jack pointed out in the course map thread, the dog park is now open. Currently, hole 14 plays parallel to the dog park, and if your disc happens to go in there, it is OUT OF BOUNDS. Use the gate to walk in and retrieve your disc, and play from the drop zone at the corner of the fence. We've already had one incident that involved the police being called due to somebody not doing the things listed above.

Please remember that Terrace Creek Park is a public multi-use park, dog walkers have every bit as much right to be there as disc golfers. Also keep in mind that there are families using the park as well as the nearby pavilion--they don't need to hear the George Carlin "Seven Words You Can't Say on Television" bit. Remember too, that alcohol is illegal in the park, not to mention other things that are illegal everywhere. Also of interest, the police station is only a few blocks away. People have eyes and noses, and are not naive.

Disc golf is by no means a guaranteed fixture at Terrace. We are permitted to be there, and if we upset the people of the community, that permission can very well be revoked. It's happened at other courses and could easily happen here. Also bear in mind that we need more courses in the area, and if we make a bad impression in one place, that can come back and bite us down the road.

So please people, use common sense, be polite, leave your bad habits elsewhere, and share the park!
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

I love the
    " Pack it in
    Pack it out"
    signs.
    Sure would like to see those show up at some other courses.

A Montlake Terrace cruiser pulled up right when I was hukin' my drive at 14.
    I threw a bomber past the basket just to show them I was no doggie assasin.

Comment

Don't forget to call the police when a dog steals your disc.
      It's worth at least a couple of days in the pound.

Comment

I agree our pack it in pack it out signs are great... now if we would only put up "THE NO STUPID DUMB ASSES" sign maybe we'd be golden
        "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X