Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the feeling 13 needs to be dug up, replaced with a much sturdy er basket and then 13 can be relocated somewhere else more visable. Side note If they were drinking call the cops. Another call is Liquor control someone has to be selling them beer locally
    rewindb.com

Comment

13 basket is finished and needs to be replaced.
      It's the same idiots who have been smashing on that basket for six months now. They use the tee sign from 14, which was pulled out of the ground ages ago, with the concrete plug still on the bottom, to beat hell out of the basket.

I still have not had time to pour a new footing for that sign, so today Greg and I hid it. So now the idiots wont have a big ol steel pole to beat on the basket with. I'm sure it's the same characters who tagged, then stole the nice bench that was there.

It does make it easier for a lefty shooter the way it is right now. The basket itself is tipped left and down. I banged home a 50 footer today, damaged chains and all.
      But still, it needs to be replaced.

We now have a new candidate for biggest idiot at Seatac award. I noticed fresh pink paintball splatters on alot of trees around #7 basket and on the #9 tee today.

Comment

Biggest idiot? I can see the Tac being a great place for a paintball match. The rock on hole 4 looked like it served as a bunker for numerous rounds the other day.
        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

# 13

When Spokane had their problems with Vandals at Down River & Highbridge their own mr.Troy Farley (Go Hawks!) a master with steel and electricity beefed up the supports to make it a lot harder to completely destroy a basket . Not certain where 13 is located but most likely away from the beaten path( i have played Sea Tac once)Can anyone post a pic?

Comment

Thanks Tom the Farley built basket upgrades are certainly on the radar for this position. Also a "line of sight" from Des Moines way is an instant fix.
            rewindb.com

Comment

Maybe Seatac should have baskets like at Horning's Hideout, I have a hard time seeing anyone doing too much damage to those.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                Maybe Seatac should have baskets like at Horning's Hideout, I have a hard time seeing anyone doing too much damage to those.
                Anything can be damaged if the vandal has enough will. The key is prevention.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Anything can be damaged if the vandal has enough will. The key is prevention.
                  Well my pit of doom still stands. hehe
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Resurrection #13

Hey! I just want to shout out a big THANKS and a WOW to the righteous dude that managed to straighten out basket 13! It definitely needs some welding done but it looks totally salvageable now. If it was welded up I think it would actually be fine. It's gonna look a little "ghetto" but hey - we're talking SeaTac!

Comment

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
                      Hey! I just want to shout out a big THANKS and a WOW to the righteous dude that managed to straighten out basket 13! It definitely needs some welding done but it looks totally salvageable now. If it was welded up I think it would actually be fine. It's gonna look a little "ghetto" but hey - we're talking SeaTac!
                      Yeah, I just played Seatac today for the first time and I kept looking for the broken basket and barely noticed the damage, definitely still puttable.

Awesome course though, all around.
                      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

There is a plan of attack. Omnibud found a local DG'r who volunteered to do it. Hooray! I have a NEW Cool Shoes top to be fortified and then installed. The cage will get "Farley ized". So don't panic when the pole is all that's left during the next week or so.

Another solution is "a line of sight" from the street to the 13 basket/14 tee area.

More info as it becomes available.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Hole 13 basket is funked up

Played SeaTac yesterday (Sept. 30) and the basket is hardly playable, if even repairable. Course keeper, please move the basket away from the Hole 14 tee area, a.k.a., local teen drinking spot.

Comment

Sorry No can do but We will make it harder for them to vandalize the area.
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Maybe we should move the flintstones bench thats behind the 14 tee, then they would have no place to sit.

Comment

maybe if we do both line of sight and removed bench might slow them down. The good news is it's getting cold and crappy out so these hoodlums will start hanging out inside somewhere else
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X