Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Holes Approved At North Seatac Park!

In case you didn't feel like showing up or haven't heard the news yet...

Scroll down to Agenda Bill #3309

http://www.ci.seatac.wa.us/index.asp...=%2Findex.aspx
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Any idea where they would be put in and when the work party or what not would be?

Comment

The new holes will be east of the existing course,and south of the baseball fields.

This means that we could also now use the main parking lot on the north side of the park, and play from there.

If you were to walk north on the paved path from the maintenance area parking lot, the new holes will be all off your right shoulder.

I'm sure any work parties will be announced on this site as they are needed, stay tuned.

Comment

Any news on the progress of the additional holes? I am happy to volunteer if any help is needed. I would like to donate some more benches too.

Thanks,

Ben(ch)

Comment

What a happy thread this is!! More disc golf for ALL!!!!!

Can't wait for the work parties!! hope that they are not all on days when I will be away playing tournaments.

Comment

Rumor Mill

I heard through the grapevine that the new 9 holes are going to be postponed due to financing a new tractor/mower??? Anyone snope it?

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
              I heard through the grapevine that the new 9 holes are going to be postponed due to financing a new tractor/mower??? Anyone snope it?
              Yeah King County budget has taken some big hits.Because of that, the funding that was thought to be readily available, is no longer. At least for the first quarter. I am doing everything I can to procure funds for second,third,or even fourth quarter.
              So.... we are currently are on the look out for tractors,pull behind mow decks,brush hogs, anything to take out large,thick amounts of blackberry and scotch broom.....
              Anyone from the disc golf community or beyond know of any such equipt that someone doesn't mind lending or putting some hours on? hit me up:
              chainbangerz@gmail.com
              we could get out there with hand held power tools and non powered hand tools,and that very well may happen soon enough, since we have the green light to move forward and can start clearing anytime.
              Keep in mind that this does not give permission to anyone to just go in and start hacking... communicate everything with me first...

Comment

good news

Just got a call from Chuck Lyter... He has a friend who is going to let us borrow a field & brush mower....Schooooooweeeeeeeettttt.
                So after the Deaf Disc Golf Championships we are gonna get to clearing some fairways...
                any other blackberry removal devices are welcome...
                Concrete dates to follow shortly...

Thanks Chuck this is great news...it made my day

Comment

That's great news Keith. Thank you for sharing the information. I'm offering to donate a sweet Craftsman chainsaw and a wheel barrel if needed.

Ben

Comment

Interview with Keith. about the 19th min

http://rewindb.com/rewindb-podcast/11/22/show-95/
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X