Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Nine Mowed!!!

**GASP**
    I went out to the Tac yesterday and lo and behold- the front nine has been mowed!
    I was in disbelief when I found out that it was the city that did the work!
    I had my weed whacker in the car and just a little bit of gas, so after my round I did about a half hour of work on #4 before running out of gas.
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

If my back ever gets back in whack, Mud's front 12 will get their first mow of the season (along with 21 through 23, and my front yard).
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

that is awesome buds!
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I was wondering who mowed all of that. The front looks great. The back patch by 13-15 is starting to get pretty thick. When is the next work party scheduled?
        Read this ^

Comment

I played this morning and the city was mowing. I saw the guy mowing 15 and he stopped to ask me where 15's basket is. He said the plan is for them to mow two or three times a year. They would have mowed sooner but it's been too rainy. He said that his mower is too big to get back in the trees but he's trying to at least clear out the fairways. At the time I saw him he had mowed 17's fairway complete and was doing the 14/15 open field. He said he would probably mow for two or three more hours and would get as much done as he could.

How awesome is that!

Comment

That's way awesome...like unprecedented awesome. We should all make a point to thank Keith/Chainbangerz for making this happen. As far as I know, this is the first that the city's ever mowed the course, and it wouldn't have happened without hours of volunteering and persistent phone calls.

Like being able to play SeaTac in the summer and finishing a round with all your discs and dry shoes? Show your support by joining Chainbangerz DGC!
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Course mowed by the city parks dept. on 6/23/10

All I have to say is "Wow"!

Discs are skipping off the grass again.

Rollers actually roll.

Amazing work and thanks to the powers that be.

Get out and play SeaTac.

Comment

Did they get the back 9 as well? I haven't been able to make it down to the Tac in a while...how's it looking all around?
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Looks I know where I'm going golfing today.
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Did they get the back 9 as well? I haven't been able to make it down to the Tac in a while...how's it looking all around?
                    Back 8/9 mowed: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 (nice), 15 (very nice), 16, 17

All around the place is looking like a Country Club.

Comment

I was out there the other day and noticed the city maintenance people out there mowing the fairways! Keith from Chainbangerz Disc Golf Shop has been on the phone and in person getting on these guys to get the course mowed and even shut down the shop for a day to go out there and organize a work party and do tons of mowing himself and in the process breaking his own mowers. So when you are down playing the course stop on by Chainbangerz and show your appreciation to Keith and the Chainbangerz Disc Golf Club. (CDGC)
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Seatac in the summer is a beautiful thing. When it is mowed, it is such a pleasure to play. Big props to the city people and Chanbangerz.
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
                          Back 8/9 mowed: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 (nice), 15 (very nice), 16, 17

All around the place is looking like a Country Club.
                          A bit of clarification please. Was 18 mowed? How about one through seven?

Comment

It's all good. Get your summer in at Seatac while the mow is still fresh.

Comment

We played a round at SeaTac this morning and it's all true. ALL the fairways have been mowed. I think the mower man did a great job of mowing the important areas. There is still some high grass around the edges. The course isn't in the really great condition that it usually is just before the Jet Wash but it's totally playable. Considering what we've had to put up with in years past these conditions are absolutely fantastic!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X