X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole 13 Basket Vandalized Again

I went out to Tac yesterday and made a great Ace run shot an #13. When I got to the basket, I saw it was again vandalized. The basket portion had all of the 'spokes' dismembered from the pole and was propped up by sticks. After making the birdie putt, I was able to contact Jub and then called Chainbanger'z. Adam is going to do another weld job on the basket
    Jub and I have decided to go ahead and clear a line of sight from that basket to the street at the next work party (time and date TBA).
    Meanwhile the 'buck buck buck' doubles gang (Jub, Guy, Count Chuckula et al) is planning on throwing some disc there this Saturday at 10:00AM sharp. All are welcome! Afterwards, we will be pulling the basket for repair. it will be in the shop for a few days.
    Thanks to Adam the Chainbanger'z dude for volunteering to weld the basket!
    Last edited by The Ombudsman; March 15th, 2010, 11:52 AM.
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Hole 13 bench moved

Them SOB's dismantled the bench on 13. You know the one with the lock. Then they moved it to the homeless camp over between the pin placement and the road. I'm bringing my drill on Wednesday and drilling two holes through the big beams and feeding the cable lock through the holes so no one can even think about moving it again. When's that work party to open up that area as to be visible from the road? I'm in.

Comment

Yup.

Guy and I will be out tomorrow Tue from 11-3 working on 13-14 etc.

We would also like to announce Chainbangerz first work party on Sat the 20th for like 1030 till we are done. The idea is to work on "a line of sight" from the street (Des Moines directly at the 13 basket 14 tee areas. Yes we will also open up the bump pit too. Come out and help stop the vandalism at Seatac.
      rewindb.com

Comment

Hole 13 bench is secure

Drilled a few holes in the beams and ran the cable lock through.

Good luck to the bumb that tries to move it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
          Drilled a few holes in the beams and ran the cable lock through.

Good luck to the bumb that tries to move it again.
          Your bench fix looks great. I'm thinking that if they try it again they'll either have to break the cable or cut down the tree!

Comment

The tee sign for #14 is what they used to smash the basket, as they have been for the past year. A few months ago I took the tee sign and hid it up behind the grafitti wall. The basket was untouched as long as the tee sign was out of sight.

A couple of weeks back, some disc golfers decided they would drag it back out and prop it up against a tree.
            The sign is useless, it has no information on it any more, but for some reason (asthetics?) someone decided it needed to be seen.
            Now the basket got wrecked again. I almost want to blame the disc golfers.

Today I found the tee sign, 50 feet northwest of the #13 stump, and hid it once again. I'm getting tired of this.

Please please, if any of you see this sign out by the #14 tee, hide it, so maybe we can keep #13 basket intact for a while.

Comment

Basket is back. Looks stout with the metal plate on the top. Nice work.

Comment

It is now the best catching basket on the course!
                Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                  It is now the best catching basket on the course!
                  I guess basket discipline is OK! Maybe the example made of 13 will keep the rest of the shoez baskets in line.
                  rewindb.com

Comment

I think the new cedars are gonna get enough to drink today.

Comment

As long as they don't get blown over
                      Read this ^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X