Cost: Free
    Alcohol allowed: No
    Dogs allowed: ?
    Owned/operated by: Chainbangers Disc Golf Club
    General information:

News/updates:

Maps/scorecards:
    Links:

Please post corrections/additions to the course info in this thread. For simplicity's sake, subsequent messages may be deleted after the changes are incorporated into this post.
    Last edited by Scott; March 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM.

Seatac hole distance

Like many of you I have noticed many of the posted hole distances at the Tac are significantly off. I measured all the holes with a reflectorless survey total station. The measurements on my list are a direct line from the pad to basket. IMO at Seatac fairway distances are meaningless.

1) 278'
    2) 296'
    3) 384'
    4) 428'
    5) 282'
    6) 401'
    7) 367'
    8) 425'
    9) 330'
    front 9 3191'

10) 250'
    11) 321'
    12) 500'
    13) 349'
    14) 543'
    15) 490'
    16) 547'
    17) 458'
    18) 491'
    back 9 3949'

total 7140'
    Last edited by vapor; May 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM. Reason: basket, not pin

Comment

Check your equipment. These are way off.
      Hole 6 only 401'?! Hogwash. That hole is at least 420'. Hole 15 490'? WRONG. it is 525.

And some idiot already updated the course info with these numbers and his own version of par at DGCR. Haha...

IMNAAHO fairway distances are everything at the 'Tac.
      "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Why don't you go measure it yourself and report back before calling people idiots. I look forward to seeing your numbers.

When you park hole 1 at tac (assuming you have enough power) do you measure it on an arc? If a hole can be reached from the pad then fairway distance is meaningless. Who's fairway do you want measured. There is usually more than one line to the basket. The only doglegs at Tac that can't be reached (except for a couple of Oregon guys and a few others) from the pad would be 17 and 18. Most drives on 18 fall fairly close to a direct line between the pad and basket so fairway distance is not too significant. Measuring a direct line gives an accurate baseline that is more useful than an arbitrary fairway.

Comment

I do not dispute your number on hole 1, but you've got to admit you may have made a few mistakes.
          Did you measure from the basket back to the tee, as you should have, with the equipment you were using?
          I have measured several holes at Sea Tac with a wheel including #15 on as direct a line as I was able. It is 525.
          And you are saying that a "Five Tree Drive" on hole 6 is barely over 350'. I remember measuring that with a wheel and getting 399'. You probably got a sentinel tree rather than the basket on that one. The number I remember to the hole there is 444', measured with the wheel.

And as far as I know, the course designers have not changed the par from 54 to 60. That's reason enough to call that guy an idiot, not to mention the fact that he ran with your bogus numbers.
          Last edited by The Ombudsman; May 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM.
          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

i have to say i feel that Vapors numbers are pretty acurate. i am going by my throwing ability. i know that for me a really good throw is somewhere around 375'. and for hole 6 i have landed up by the "gaurdian trees" quite a few times, if it was 399' to those trees then i wouldnt be able to have my disc up there as many times as i have. wheels give you a "close" distance but not if you have any hills that you are dealing with, and if you have to swerve around trees and such.

as long as all fairways are measured that a disc will travel, the laser is much more accurate. once again, if i can put my disc up by the incline on #15 chances are that that hole is closer to 490' than 525'.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
              Check your equipment. These are way off.
              Hole 6 only 401'?! Hogwash. That hole is at least 420'. Hole 15 490'? WRONG. it is 525.

And some idiot already updated the course info with these numbers and his own version of par at DGCR. Haha...

IMNAAHO fairway distances are everything at the 'Tac.
              Hole 6 is nowhere near 420' - I would have guessed 405 max. Wheels are pretty much laughable for getting accurate distances, useful only as a last resort. Just because these numbers aren't the 'way it has always been done' doesn't mean they aren't accurate.

Thanks for continually bringing down anyone who is trying to contribute
              'Weekend 4 Women':
              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I will go out to Tac this week with some help and measure again. This time I will use a prism instead of reflectorless mode. It is possible that my laser picked up a hard surface other than the basket but unlikely. I will report back honestly with what I find.

With all due respect Ombudsman, for you to call BS on my numbers after demonstrating zero knowledge and skill in the art of measuring is laughable.

"Did you measure from the basket back to the tee, as you should have, with the equipment you were using?" Reread my OP. Please educate me on the difference in distance from the Pad to the basket as opposed to the basket to the pad.

I measured juel last year because some of the posted numbers were way off. I was able to determine this by simply pacing from the pad to basket. This was before some of the baskets were moved because of swampy conditions. Why do I get the feeling that you're involved with all these posted bogus numbers on these courses?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X