Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaTac course conditions

how is the tac playing this week?

Course was minibike free today.

Recent trimming on the first few holes makes things easier.

Easiest places to loose a disc right now are 12 left,15 and 17. Extra attention is required here.
    More flowers blooming, all benches and signs are intact.
    Only a handfull of players out today.

Comment

After a couple three one day Parties. The front is ready to mow. Guy, Erik Illg, Chuck and I have spent time ringing all the trees so that it will speed up the mowing. Next week the back starts.
      rewindb.com

Comment

10 looks good, well trimmed. Nice job guys.

Lotsa snakes around 13 and 14, be careful when you reach down for your disc in deep weeds, you may come up with a squirming handfull.

Of course, if you can find enough to make a custom Garter snake disc bag, it might be worth some cash on EBay.

Comment

Yeah I got one with the weedeater last Fri on 14 pretty sad.
          rewindb.com

Comment

More work done yesterday. Erik Illg, Goosman, Jimmy and I spent time on 11-15. Now all we need is the Vermin to do his part.
            rewindb.com

Comment

I was the only person on the course at noon today.
              Conditions are excellent, all the long grass has been trimmed, other than one patch on 18.

There is a large nest on the 18th fairway, paper wasp or hornet I think, either way it would be best to avoid it if you can.
              It's about halfway down the fairway, on the north side, in a large bush. Not the bush with the nasty holly in it, but the one just before that one, on the same side.

BTW I left my 150 Dx Beast near the 18th basket, it's pink, if you run across it please PM me here. It's not buried, I just forgot to pick it up after using it for a marker.

Comment

Welcome Back Tac!

I'll second Captain Jack. I played Seatac today and it has been mowed. Some of the holes look really good and some of them need a little work. As I recall 2 and 12 had been partially mowed only. 17 and 18 have not been mowed yet. The weather has been so hot that the grass is very dry and beat down so it's much more difficult to lose a disc than it was on those two holes that haven't been mowed. Other golfers at the course said that there are more than one wasp nest on the left side of 18. I didn't see any wasps.
                The park was very quiet today at 1 PM. I saw about 5 disc golfers and about three people walking dogs. That's it! Apparently I always miss all the exciting stuff as I have played approximately 80 games a year at SeaTac for the last four years and have never felt threatened at any time.

Comment

Wasp Nest Report

When walking from #2 basket to #3 tee, there's one right over your head.

On the left side of #3 fairway way deep in all the bushes about half way to the basket. There may be more than one nest back in there!

On #18 fairway about half way to the basket there is a bush/tree in the middle of the fairway about six feet tall. Wasp Nest is 25 feet NNE from that bush.

There may be more but that's all I've seen or been informed of.

Comment

Also, there's a ground nest on hole one about 30 paces from the tee pad and about 15 paces to the left, just before the birch trees. A guy got stung a few times yesterday retrieving his disc that went short and left. Keep 'em on the fairway!

Comment

Originally posted by barbikes View Post

On #18 fairway about half way to the basket there is a bush/tree in the middle of the fairway about six feet tall. Wasp Nest is 25 feet NNE from that bush.
                      Confirmed. The nest on 18 is large and classic shaped.
                      Look for the oval gray ball about 12" across hanging from the bottom of a sturdy branch.
                      Snakes seemed to have disappeared, or got eaten.
                      Plums are still green, but the blackberries are just starting to get nice and big and plump and purple, I found some nice sweet ones near 18.

Comment

The course looks 100 times better than it did a month ago. Good work everybody. I see atleast one garter snake on the course every round and I got stung by a bee walking back on the path from the 18th basket to the 1st tee the about two thirds of the way there
                        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                          The course looks 100 times better than it did a month ago. Good work everybody. I see atleast one garter snake on the course every round and I got stung by a bee walking back on the path from the 18th basket to the 1st tee the about two thirds of the way there
                          Right or left side?
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Off topic, but Dan, are you dressed up as Ali G. in your avatar?
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment