• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    Right or left side?
    left side
    Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Off topic, but Dan, are you dressed up as Ali G. in your avatar?
      no my boss left his "gucci" sunglasses at work so I left him a picture of me in them with a karate kid headband
      Read this ^

Comment

I think the course is in its finest condition ever.
        More like a real golf course than its ever been before.
        The grass is short, the brush is cleared from the the fringe areas and all the nasty ankle twisting holes have been filled.
        The bees are gone and the minibike gang was nowhere to be found.

The painted 10 meter circles, remaining from last weeks tournament, provide an excellent way to gauge putts, I almost feel intimidated by them though, like how could any fool miss a putt from inside of here.

As an added bonus, if you know where to look, the plums are sweet and delicious, and the blackberries are prodigious throughout the park.
        Best tasting in my opinion are the ones between 16 basket and 17 tee.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
          More like a real golf course than its ever been before.
          You take that back! DG is way more "real" to me than that elitist stick 'n' ball 'n' cup game...
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            You take that back! DG is way more "real" to me than that elitist stick 'n' ball 'n' cup game...
            Uhhhhhhh, did I mention anything about ball golf ?
            Go check. I'll wait here.

What I meant, in plain english for you short bus riders down there in Portland is , Seatac is usually a jungle, an overgrown, abandoned former suburban neighborhood, not a nice tidy park.
            Navigation can require a compass, and spotters can be necessary in rainy seasons all the way up to the basket, so it's nice to see it look more like a park for a change. I still use courses like La Mirada in Cali as a model for what a "real" golf course should look like, and Seatac, although its not quite La Mirada, sure is looking good right now.

Comment

I thought La Mirada was poorly located in a overcrowded multi use park.
              rewindb.com

Comment

Course is dry and free from downed trees, other than just in front of the #18 teebox, about 50 feet, there is a temporary pond which blocks the whole fairway from one side to the other.
                Ducks were swimming across the fairway like a carnival game. As long as you dont throw a worm burner here the course is very playable.

Word on the street is that Lakewood is pretty juicy right now, but this is unconfirmed, I went for the 40% off sale at Keiths, rather than playing a round there today.

Comment

I blew off all the tees today, the course is dry and in good shape, and now no slippy slippy, so have at it.

Still gotta say no to the plywood bench's though, the one on 14 is already starting to come apart, as I predicted, and the new one on 8 I'm sure will fall apart just as fast.

This is junk people, your not helping. If you cant make something out of pressure treated, that will last at least one season, then please, don't bother wasting your time. Plywood will not work outside.

If anyony knows whose adding these junk bench's to the course, please tell them to stop.
                  If I see them falling apart any more they're gonna be bonfire wood, I'm tired of litter on the course.

Speaking of litter, the cans are all full, as usual, and there is a lovely bag of dogshit hanging from the 17 tee sign. If anyone feels like doing something to help , please bring a trash bag when you play your next round here.

You dont even have to take it out of the park, simply leave it along the gravel road that runs through the middle of the park and the parks dept. will pick it up.

My thanks to anyone that helps out here.

Comment

Wow! The course looks great.

The course is freshly mowed. All the trash buckets at the tee pads are empty. It looks better than ever. I would like to thank any and all who worked to make SeaTac Disc Golf Course look better than ever. Shout out to Chainbangerz as well. I noticed that there are several park users (non golfers) who collect and remove the aluminum cans from the tee pad garbage buckets. Considering local companies pay 40 cents/pound for aluminum cans, they are doing themselves and us a good service. I'm working on a new weatherproof bench for hole 16 (finally). Stay tuned...

Comment

New bench for hole 16 completed

Thanks Jeff Smith for lending a helping hand. Will take it to the course this week. Photos attached...

Comment

Wow..............thanks jeff..........looks awesome. Have not seen jeff in a while...........great pic. Sorry i will not be attending the battle..........ill have to see it some other time.
                        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Someone, a mystery carpenter, has constructed and installed a bench on Hole 16 before I could get there. Thank you so much and nice work. Looks good. Sooooooo, we put the new red bench on Hole 6 for everyone to enjoy. Jeff Smith has a 9' wooden cutting table at Portage Bay Cafe that they are getting rid of. Hmmm, wonder if it can be made into another SeaTac Disc Golf Course bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
                            Someone, a mystery carpenter, has constructed and installed a bench on Hole 16 before I could get there. Thank you so much and nice work. Looks good. Sooooooo, we put the new red bench on Hole 6 for everyone to enjoy. Jeff Smith has a 9' wooden cutting table at Portage Bay Cafe that they are getting rid of. Hmmm, wonder if it can be made into another SeaTac Disc Golf Course bench.
                            Saw the new bench, looks sweet! Apparently the bench making virus is spreading
                            'Weekend 4 Women':
                            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Seatac is freshly mowed! I saw the city guy out there yesterday. The course looks fantastic!
                              Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X