X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course Maintenance

Headed out to the Tac today to do some work on the path between 7 basket and 8 teepad, come on out and give me a hand for twenty minutes or so before you play!

my mom says it's okay if your mom says it's okay.
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Lanes were mowed last week, so its easy to spot a disc in the fairway now.

Offline the grass is now 3 feet deep or more, and thick, so leave the green drivers at home.

New bench placed at the #3 tee, and old #3 bench is now resting comfortably next to the #5 tee, plenty of resting spots along the course now, which is good with all the people coming out to play lately.

Things are shaping up nicely.

Hey, why doesnt this site have a smilie of a dude throwing a disc ?

Comment

I broke the GillMobile today.... sorry Matt. I tried to haul two rocks instead of one and the left handle snapped. Do replacement wheelbarrow handles exist, or is it even worth the time?
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I'll be out on hole 8 again today, cleaning up some loose ends on the new path. Does anybody here have a weed whacker they could bring to help out? Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn? Remember how she said that we would meet again some sunny day...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
          I broke the GillMobile today.... sorry Matt. I tried to haul two rocks instead of one and the left handle snapped. Do replacement wheelbarrow handles exist, or is it even worth the time?
          Chuck, physics is simple:

If it moves and it ain't supposed to then use duct tape.
          If it doesn't move and it's supposed to use WD40.

I had to go to college for four years to learn that.
          Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Well, the grass and weeds are now long enough to hide discs quite easily.

I spent almost an hour looking for my disc on #14, but ended up leaving it in there somewhere.
            Its a yellow Champion Destroyer, just says 68, and PDII on it.
            Its left of the tee, past the first large tree, and before the walking path, somewhere in the deep stuff.

If you happen to find it. PM me here on this site.

Comment

The laurel to the left on hole 18 should make a strong comeback now that it isn't competing with the 8 blackberry monsters that were killing it softly. Lots of hole 18 received the blackberry removal treatment, and should remain clear forever, because I made sure to rip all the roots out of the ground.

What's next on the authorized maintenance agenda?

Comment

Wow, where was everybody today ?

Last weekend the course was pretty crowded, but today, I think I saw 5 people all day, and I played 36 holes in the afternoon.

Saw Brents whip in the lot as I was leaving, but nobody else.

The grass is still growing, now well above the waist anywhere but dead center, even the last mowing effort is now becoming nearly invisible.
                A sharp eye is required, as well as being prepared to bolt off the tee to see around the trees to where your shot lands.

Hey Chuck, whats with the red brick obelisk on 10 ?
                Is that a monument to you, no wait, it looks more like the "Lincoln" monument.

All the flowers are blooming , so the course smells awesome right now.

Comment

Thread title, Jack, thread title. You're drifting worse than an unmoored junk.

Comment

I know, there's no thread for course conditions for Seatac, so I just commented here because its the most current Seatac thread.

There really is no more things to build at Seatac Chuck, your work is done. It's just the grass and weeds now.

How about a couple of railroad tie steps from the path to the #6 tee at Mountlake Terrace, that would be cool.

Comment

hijack a thread or start a new one

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                        There really is no more things to build at Seatac Chuck, your work is done. It's just the grass and weeds now.
                        nah... there's a war to be won against the blackberries, and you have only seen the opening skirmishes in the outer reaches of the pacific theatre.

The work is never done, jack, it's just not easily visible to the untrained/unskilled/unwilling/unmotivated eye.

Comment

I agree with Chuck and Aaron. Captain Jack needs to start his own thread called: "Things people other than me need to do to improve a course" He can then hijack his own thread and call it "Reasons I have never shown up for a work party".

I imagine the moderator will eventually merge these two threads into one and call it the "yatta" thread. "yatta weed eat more, yatta mow more, yatta build more benches, .etc....."

Comment

Now you kids play nice or I will send you home.

Chuck you forgot your weedeater at LCO, D oh'
                            rewindb.com

Comment

I know, I know We left early to try to get back to seattle at a reasonable time.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X