X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaTac Schedule

Spoke to Guy today about Seatac. He said Herm had contacted him about getting the Tac ready for Jet Wash. The target date for work to begin is June 1. If anyone has any ideas about maintenance please have them in writing and be ready to submit them and they certainly will be considered. More info when it becomes available.

Did any of you know Guy had double hernia surgery the Wed after CSI?

he who shall not be named.
    rewindb.com

I had no idea about Guy... tell him I hope he gets better quickly.

I have a few projects in mind-

I'd like to see the cyclone fence removed from hole 2, as well as casual play OB on that hole. (For tourneys, reinstate OB with a painted line).

Gather all the random bits of concrete from the course, sledge them down to brick-size pieces, and build an elevated pin mound on one of the holes, like 3, 8, or 9.

Hack a permanent side path through the brush between 7 basket and 8 teepad, to keep the oncoming traffic from walking down 8's fairway.

Relocate some of the "next tee" signs. Most are placed well, some are placed foolishly.

I want to get my hands on a whole bunch of old bricks, and install permanent 10-meter circles in the ground. This is a huge project, probably take a while.

Get rid of most of the blackberries in the hole 4 OB area to speed disc retrieval.

I have a slew of other ideas, but they mostly come to me while I'm out on the course. Post that schedule sooner than later, Jub, and I'll be there as often as I can
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Work Parties
      As soon as that info is available I will certainly post it.

Actually one of your projects the Circles is in the works . The idea is to level and seed grass around the baskets. Then keeping the circle mowed short.

The two idea makes the hole too easy. Most of the bombers have to "gear down" to keep it in play.+ at some point the street/sidewalk comes into play.

Hole 4 OB is off the course and therefore not available for consideration at this time. Besides lost discs should be retrieved after the round.
      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
        I had no idea about Guy... tell him I hope he gets better quickly.

I have a few projects in mind-

I'd like to see the cyclone fence removed from hole 2, as well as casual play OB on that hole. (For tourneys, reinstate OB with a painted line).

Gather all the random bits of concrete from the course, sledge them down to brick-size pieces, and build an elevated pin mound on one of the holes, like 3, 8, or 9.

Hack a permanent side path through the brush between 7 basket and 8 teepad, to keep the oncoming traffic from walking down 8's fairway.

Relocate some of the "next tee" signs. Most are placed well, some are placed foolishly.

I want to get my hands on a whole bunch of old bricks, and install permanent 10-meter circles in the ground. This is a huge project, probably take a while.

Get rid of most of the blackberries in the hole 4 OB area to speed disc retrieval.

I have a slew of other ideas, but they mostly come to me while I'm out on the course. Post that schedule sooner than later, Jub, and I'll be there as often as I can
        I like the sound of a lot of those. I say on 2 though, take the fence out, but don't worry about reinstating OB. Having a fence there made it logical to be OB, but with no fence, there's no safety issue or anything, so all it would do is make the hole artificially tougher. I'm not a fan of OB for the sake of OB--I'd rather see some sort of bunker or obstacle installed there if we want to discourage people trying to bomb it long over the laurel.

I like the elevated pin idea. I think it could work on any hole, but out of those, I'd say 3 is the most "vanilla" and would benefit it the most. 5 would also be a candidate.

What about adjusting 4 and/or 9's pins so they don't come so close to each other?
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Y'all have some good ideas there! I like the 7/8 pathway and doing something about the 4/9 pin proximity ideas best. A couple of other things to improve the course would be:

Add dual tees. The more difficult holes could have red tees closer to the pins.

The bulletin board/map at tee one needs some kind of roof so notices posted don't get wet.

More benches would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
            Add dual tees. The more difficult holes could have red tees closer to the pins.
            My first impression of Seatac was that it could really benefit from dual tees. I asked someone whether it has ever been considered and was told that the "owner" (Herm?) is totally against it. Apparently, the philospy behind it is, "You play here, you get your butt kicked by the course. End of story. You want an easier course? Lakewood is 5 minutes away".

Kind of a shame. I hope this "course owner" thing can be overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
              Actually one of your projects the Circles is in the works . The idea is to level and seed grass around the baskets. Then keeping the circle mowed short.

The two idea makes the hole too easy. Most of the bombers have to "gear down" to keep it in play.+ at some point the street/sidewalk comes into play.

Hole 4 OB is off the course and therefore not available for consideration at this time. Besides lost discs should be retrieved after the round.
              Seed grass 10m circles will need to be redone on a yearly basis, I bet.

The street is still another 120 feet beyond, it'll never come into play. The tatters of the chain link fence are an eyesore, and most of it is already missing.

Jub, players get three minutes to search for their disc. Ripping out most of those blackberries from hole 4's OB would make it a lot easier and pleasant to do so. Most 3-min disc hunts last longer than the allotted time (nobody has a timer on the course) and keeping the shule as wild and wooly as possible only aggravates this. Clearing it out would speed up tourney play at that part of the course.

If it's not on the course, then I suppose some civic-minded individual could clear it out without the blessing of Herm, right?

SeaTac needs more input from fresh points of view. If the direction of the course is forever determined by the same three people then it will stagnate and distill hemophilia, much like the Russian Czars.

Here's my take on Hole 14. We could build a concrete pillbox that buries the basket under 10 feet of rebar and crushed rock. There will be a small, locked, iron door around the back that only has one key in existence. The key hangs around the neck of a near-sighted, pigeon-toed Sherpa who visits the course once every red tide to open the door for a 30 second time period. You'd need to hole out then, if your approach shot is good enough. You don't like it? Lakewood is 5 minutes away, brother. This course is for big cojones only.

Cue the dramamtic eye-roll--->

I feel that alt pads would do wonders for the course's popularity. That would give Herm even more 'I'm superior to you' ammunition. He could incessantly point out the fact that "I built this supercourse, then had to go back a few years later and install easier pads for all the whiners. But we still play from the blue tees all the time, cause we're big men. Right, guys? Guys? Anybody there?"
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Seed grass 10m circles will need to be redone on a yearly basis, I bet.

The street is still another 120 feet beyond, it'll never come into play. The tatters of the chain link fence are an eyesore, and most of it is already missing.

Jub, players get three minutes to search for their disc. Ripping out most of those blackberries from hole 4's OB would make it a lot easier and pleasant to do so. Most 3-min disc hunts last longer than the allotted time (nobody has a timer on the course) and keeping the shule as wild and wooly as possible only aggravates this. Clearing it out would speed up tourney play at that part of the course.

If it's not on the course, then I suppose some civic-minded individual could clear it out without the blessing of Herm, right?

SeaTac needs more input from fresh points of view. If the direction of the course is forever determined by the same three people then it will stagnate and distill hemophilia, much like the Russian Czars.

Here's my take on Hole 14. We could build a concrete pillbox that buries the basket under 10 feet of rebar and crushed rock. There will be a small, locked, iron door around the back that only has one key in existence. The key hangs around the neck of a near-sighted, pigeon-toed Sherpa who visits the course once every red tide to open the door for a 30 second time period. You'd need to hole out then, if your approach shot is good enough. You don't like it? Lakewood is 5 minutes away, brother. This course is for big cojones only.

Cue the dramamtic eye-roll--->

I feel that alt pads would do wonders for the course's popularity. That would give Herm even more 'I'm superior to you' ammunition. He could incessantly point out the fact that "I built this supercourse, then had to go back a few years later and install easier pads for all the whiners. But we still play from the blue tees all the time, cause we're big men. Right, guys? Guys? Anybody there?"
                Let me take theses one at a time

Seed grass 10m circles will need to be redone on a yearly basis, I bet."
                Maybe it depends on how often we can water them.

The street is still another 120 feet beyond, it'll never come into play. The tatters of the chain link fence are an eyesore, and most of it is already missing."
                I would rather see the basket move 50 ft farther down the fence line.

If it's not on the course, then I suppose some civic-minded individual could clear it out without the blessing of Herm, right?"
                I agree with the first part concerning speed of play and can offer no other recomondations.

SeaTac needs more input from fresh points of view. If the direction of the course is forever determined by the same three people then it will stagnate."
                Thats what we are doing now. When you mentioned just three others. I feel like we have encouraged people to particapate. Ceratinly Matt, Grossman, Erik Illg clearly Chuck and Tim and others offer proof of our intrest in cooperative input.

A word about herms club It has 50+ members so it's really not just him.
                "Been there!"" Fought that!"

Alt pads reresent an investment in both funds and effort, not to mention access. Until the land use agreement is settled I seriously doubt any "Big Ticket" projects will move forward.
                rewindb.com

Comment

I will support the path from 7-8 right now. I suggest using a hedge trimmer to clear the blackberries. It works really well (when you cut them at ground level.) Two person crew one to cut the other to pitch fork clean. When the parties start this will be one of the projects. I would also like to see the area just to the west of Tourny central be cleard to better utilize the shade in the summer.
                  Last edited by LJ Jubner; May 8th, 2009, 09:44 AM. Reason: additional information
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Who are these 50 people? Can you post a list of members? Is there a club charter? Who can join? How do they join? When are club meetings? If I have to ask, will I never know?

Jub, I gots nothing but love for you, but I'm going to have to throw a big BS flag on that one, unless you can support your claim.

Comment

Hey it not my club. Call herm and get him to let you in
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Walked around with Chuck and Tim yesterday. Talked about several projects that require little to no supervision or funds. Discussed several medium and long term projects and tried to offer a priority system that addressed the concerns in a timely and effective manner. If you have some suggestions please either post them here or PM me.

There is one request. if you bring glass bottles Please pack them out. These lazy kids will not bring in their own fun so lets not provide it for them

Thanks Ben the bench on 9 looks great. Now all we need to do is chain them down.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X